Windows 10: I had a solid state drive put into my laptop and windows 10 reinstalled. My laptop wont...

Discus and support I had a solid state drive put into my laptop and windows 10 reinstalled. My laptop wont... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have tried everything. Downloading printer drivers, troubleshooting, running hp doctor, removing and reinstalling printer, etc. Nothing works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JenniferDNelson, Dec 13, 2018.

1. I had a solid state drive put into my laptop and windows 10 reinstalled. My laptop wont...

i have tried everything. Downloading printer drivers, troubleshooting, running hp doctor, removing and reinstalling printer, etc. Nothing works. Cannot print test page or any page from computer. Printer says one in cue and then goes idle. Happened on all 3 printers

:)

JenniferDNelson, Dec 13, 2018
  2. BTC55 Win User

Upgrading to a solid state drive

I am considering upgrading to a Solid State Drive.

I have two basic questions that I hope someone can help me with.

• I am running Windows 10 Professional. It was the free upgrade offered for Win 7 users. If I upgrade will I have any problems reinstalling/switching to the new SSD? Is there anything I should be aware of before upgrading?
    • I have upgraded hard drives many times over the years but this is my first Solid State upgrade. In the past I was always upgrading to a larger drive. Drive software always allowed me to clone to a larger drive. This time, I will be using a smaller SSD for
      my operating system, 250 GB. My current Sata drive is 1 Tb. How do I proceed? If I simply install the smaller SSD, how do I get windows 10 on the drive? Do I install my original Windows 7 operating system and upgrade again? Will that work again? Or is there
      a way to get the Win 10 license key and install Win 10 and use that key. If so, how do I get that key.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BTC

BTC55, Dec 13, 2018
  3. EF88 Win User
    laptop trackpad stopped working with installation of new solid state drive

Having an issue with my laptop's trackpad. I can no longer move the cursor with the touchpad. I have to use the external mouse. This started when I installed a new solid state drive and migrated my data. I think there was a Windows partition that put
    some of Windows 10 on its "d" drive. I get this error message...

d:\7d3f1ed370c20ef91e03143f57b0\MouseKeyboardCenter\setup64\

Is there somewhere I can pick this file up? Do I have to search thru my old (removed) drive? ugh.

Thanks.

4. btarunr Win User

I had a solid state drive put into my laptop and windows 10 reinstalled. My laptop wont...

Seagate Ships 1 Million Momentus XT Solid State Hybrid Drives

Seagate has shipped its one millionth solid state hybrid drive for laptop PCs after launching the product – Momentus XT – in spring 2010. Major computer makers including Alienware, ASUS, Dell, Sony and Toshiba now offer laptops powered by the 2.5-inch drive that blends performance rivaling solid state drives with the enormous capacity and much lower cost of hard disk drives.

The Momentus XT solid state hybrid drive, a 7200RPM drive with up to 500GB of capacity, boots up to 50 percent faster than traditional 5400RPM drives and sets new benchmarks for real-world system performance for laptops and gaming systems. Seagate's Adaptive Memory technology is key to the drive's speed, optimizing its performance by moving frequently used information into the 4GB of onboard solid state memory for faster bootup and application access.

I had a solid state drive put into my laptop and windows 10 reinstalled.  My laptop wont... 52a_thm.jpg

"Seagate's shipment of its one millionth Momentus XT drive is just the beginning of a bright future for solid state hybrid drives," said John Rydning, research director at IDC. "Fast, capacious, and economical hybrid HDD and NAND flash storage solutions like the Momentus XT drive will be found in roughly 25 percent of all new PCs shipped in 2015."

The problem with today's high-performance SSDs for mobile computing is that they cost as much as 10 times more than hard disk drives of the same capacity, with the price of a 250GB SSD outstripping even the cost of many laptop PCs. Most consumers and system builders are unwilling or unable to pay the high price for the greater speed of SSDs. The Momentus XT drive delivers SSD-like speed at a fraction of the cost and more capacity options.

"With Momentus XT hybrid drives, laptop users don't have to make trade-offs when buying a system based on speed, cost or capacity," said Rocky Pimentel, Seagate executive vice president, chief sales and marketing officer. "We're delighted that the Momentus XT drive has been enthusiastically received in the marketplace and look forward to introducing the next generation of the product, which will give consumers an even better, faster computing experience, before the year is out."

Momentus XT drives are offered in these laptops at Best Buy:
    • ASUS Republic of Gamers G73JH
    • Sony VAIO VPCSC1AFM/S
    • Toshiba Satellite E305-S1990X
    Momentus XT drives are also available in these systems:
    • Alienware M17X and M18X Gaming Laptops
    • Dell Optiplex 990 Workstation
    Momentus XT drives can be found at these online retailers:
    • Amazon
    • CDW
    • Newegg
    • Staples
    • Tiger Direct
    Seagate is demonstrating the Momentus XT hybrid drive at the Flash Memory Summit, Aug. 9-11, in Santa Clara, California.

btarunr, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

I had a solid state drive put into my laptop and windows 10 reinstalled. My laptop wont...

1. I had a solid state drive put into my laptop and windows 10 reinstalled. My laptop wont... - Similar Threads - solid state drive

2. Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solid State Drive: If I make 2 partitions on an SSD and write a lot to one of them, can that one partition fail and the other not? Does it work that way? submitted by /u/FluffyAlcatel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubw7mp/solid_state_drive/
  3. My Solid State Drive on my Windows laptop disappeared along with the storage, What do I do?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Solid State Drive on my Windows laptop disappeared along with the storage, What do I do?: Okay, So I did a factory reset on my laptop and I check my storage to only find out that I only have 27gb of available storage instead of my 512 gb of storage I usually have. The SSD Does not show up in Device Managements, It is nowhere to be seen in my laptop, It has become...
  4. Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solid State Drives: This is my first time without an HDD. I now have SSD. Does data on an SSD ever fragment? Am I now done with defraging my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drives/b803253f-0d3a-43af-8484-1d460d1686d5
  5. Windows and Solid State Drives

Windows and Solid State Drives: I'm considering getting a new computer with a SSD Wil I have any difficulty installing Windows 10 on the SSD? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-solid-state-drives/99be41ad-0667-49d3-9dae-c8a52ef82fb8
  6. I wish to save files on my laptop’s local solid-state drive. These files should...

I wish to save files on my laptop’s local solid-state drive. These files should...: I am the only user on this PC. After I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I find that following folders are empty zero bytes: C:\Users\Umesh\Documents C:\Users\Umesh\Desktop C:\Users\Umesh\Pictures The following folders have total data of 300 GB:...
  7. I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just had my hard drive put into a new laptop.: I'm having problems launching programs I bought before my old mother board crashed. How do I start old programs I paid for w/o having to download and pay for them again. specifically Windows Movie Maker Pro for HD. Already downloaded Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge to get...
  8. solid state drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solid state drive: After replacing my HD and installing win 10. I cant see my SSD. Had win 8 before changing HD. Where do I look? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drive/66ded83f-fb6f-4b1e-bcbb-a479c75e754d
  9. Upgrading to a solid-state drive in my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to a solid-state drive in my laptop: What do I need to do in advance to re-install Window 10 says digitally activated and linked to my Microsoft account? What do I need to do in advance to reinstall Office Pro Plus 2016? Thanks Dan...
  10. Installing a Solid State Drive to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a Solid State Drive to my laptop.: So since I am 12 I am probably going to get a lot for Christmas. So I decided I will make my notebook laptop into a gaming PC. Before you think; Laptop.. Gaming PC? It is a beast of a laptop and it has beaten many desktops at video games, applications ect. One of the main...