Windows 10: I had a virus or something that I deleted, but some of the stuff from it is still there

Discus and support I had a virus or something that I deleted, but some of the stuff from it is still there in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There are some shortcuts to apps that I've deleted that I can't get delete, also a giant search bar that I can't get rid of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ethan Ahrens, Feb 9, 2021.

1. I had a virus or something that I deleted, but some of the stuff from it is still there

There are some shortcuts to apps that I've deleted that I can't get delete, also a giant search bar that I can't get rid of

:)

Ethan Ahrens, Feb 9, 2021

2. Delete @virus = HR

Follow below steps to remove @virus = HR,

• Navigate to C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup and
      delete System.bat (shift+del - requires Administrator
      privilege)
    • Reboot the Windows
    • Now, delete (shift+del) its
      remnants on desktop, user directories, system drive, windows drive, and root of each partition & drives

#D09r

#D09r Dinesh, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Reboot Virus Deletion?

Alright, so I think I have a virus that my computer isn't detecting. None of my processes seem suspiscious, but just to be safe, I'd like to re-install Vista. I have an iMac. I use a program called Boot Camp to partion the HDD so I can install/uninstall Vista on the alternate partion. If I delete the Vista partion, and reinstall Vista, will everything be deleted, including the virus? By the way, I think it could be the csrss.exe virus thing. Not really asking help to remove it, just if the above would work. Thanks *Smile I had a virus or something that I deleted, but some of the stuff from it is still there :)

Dysfunkchunal, Feb 9, 2021
  4. jeb1000 Win User

I had a virus or something that I deleted, but some of the stuff from it is still there

Delete or move some Win10 stuff

Tks guys - this is a new Acer V 15 Nitro with all the goodies on it so nothing old to delete.

It came with Win 8.1 and I upgraded to Win 10. The only other things on it at this time are Bitdefender, a game, Nvidia folder, a few odd stuff which I am moving to D: and the Nvidia folder for the video card.

I was not sure if the anti-virus should be on the SSD or not - If it will work just as well on D: I will put it there.

I will go through your steps and see how it comes out.

Again, tks - I appreciate it. - jb

Edit - If I delete the Windows.old folder will Microsoft still be able to see that this computer came with Win 8.1 and I upgraded to Win 10 if I should ever need that info in the future?

jeb1000, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

I had a virus or something that I deleted, but some of the stuff from it is still there

1. I had a virus or something that I deleted, but some of the stuff from it is still there - Similar Threads - virus something deleted

2. Is there a log or something where I could find out if somebody had downloaded stuff from my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a log or something where I could find out if somebody had downloaded stuff from my...: I have a friend who have a abusive boyfriend. Yes I know they should break up. Now she has a dilemma and I promised to ask it for her so that she won´t get caught doing it. She has a strong suspicion that the boyfriend has downloaded everything from her computer to a cloud...
  3. Is there a log or something where I could find out if somebody had downloaded stuff from my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a log or something where I could find out if somebody had downloaded stuff from my...: I have a friend who have a abusive boyfriend. Yes I know they should break up. Now she has a dilemma and I promised to ask it for her so that she won´t get caught doing it. She has a strong suspicion that the boyfriend has downloaded everything from her computer to a cloud...
  4. Is there a log or something where I could find out if somebody had downloaded stuff from my...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. I had snake virus.

I had snake virus.: I had snake virus and i recover my pc and when i oogged into my microsoft account i get messege that on my google account is suspicyus works. Is it normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-had-snake-virus/472858cc-fd9e-4a8e-b4a4-ac715c1c6421
  6. I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there

I deleted The Folder The Virus Was In but Windows Security is Showing that it is still there: So I deleted the folder but Windows Defender is Saying that it is still there Even if that folder does not exist anymore Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-deleted-the-folder-the-virus-was-in-but-windows/7281816f-df22-4446-b07a-345c827d172b
  7. I had deleted some files from my laptop a few weeks back which i later deleted from the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I had deleted some files from my laptop a few weeks back which i later deleted from the...: . submitted by /u/skyrus9616 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lcx75p/i_had_deleted_some_files_from_my_laptop_a_few/
  8. Can I Delete This Stuff?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I Delete This Stuff?: In my Personal folder there's a folder called Searches. It contains 3 folders, one the result of a search I did recently on my C: drive. One of the others is called Everywhere and contains over 212,000 items. The other is called Indexed Locations and contains over 3,400...
  9. Can I Delete More Stuff from My Computer??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I Delete More Stuff from My Computer??: I already used disk cleanup to clean up my computer of junk. But is it possible to delete even more unnecessary files? I heard that after installing Win 10 that there are some installation files that can be further deleted. Do let me know. 65493
  10. Delete or move some Win10 stuff

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Delete or move some Win10 stuff: I have a new laptop with C: drive a 128 SSD and D: a 1T. I have upgraded to Win10 which is on the SSD. I also put Armored Warfare on that drive as well as Bitdefender. The drive had some stuff from Acer and I have deleted or moved some of it - some still left. I would...