Windows 10: I had a Windows 10 update on August 30th and it moved all of my personal files from...

Discus and support I had a Windows 10 update on August 30th and it moved all of my personal files from... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to move everything back to username from username.000. How can I do this? This is really aggravating because none of my music playlists will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phoojoe, Sep 2, 2019.

1. phoojoe Win User

I had a Windows 10 update on August 30th and it moved all of my personal files from...

I want to move everything back to username from username.000. How can I do this? This is really aggravating because none of my music playlists will play, and all of the links in the start menu like to pictures and documents no longer work.

(username is a placeholder for my personal username btw)

Again, how can I fix this? Also, why did this happen? I just want to copy everything out of username.000 and put it in pdefi, but is there an easier way to do this? Or prevent this from happening in the future?

Sorry, I'm super aggravated. I'm the only one who uses this computer, and there was a windows installed updates on August 30th, so I don't see any other explanation for what could have caused this.

:)

phoojoe, Sep 2, 2019

2. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 2, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

I had a Windows 10 update on August 30th and it moved all of my personal files from...

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

1. I had a Windows 10 update on August 30th and it moved all of my personal files from... - Similar Threads - update August 30th

2. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  3. Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Move all my files from onedrive to my personal PC and delete them from OneDrive.: I want to move everything from OneDrive to my LOCAL PC and delete ONeDrive. Please help with this. I want to copy and paste from my onedrive to my local "Home" desktop folder.I unlinked my onedrive after I stopped all the files from syncing in the system folder. Now all of my...
  4. I moved pictures from an SD card to my laptop. First, I had to move the files to the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I moved pictures from an SD card to my laptop. First, I had to move the files to the...: I moved pictures from an SD card to my laptop. The list didn't show "Pictures', so I had to move them to the Documents folder. How can I move them to the Picture folder? Also, how do I delete the data on the SD card so I can use it again?...
  5. I moved pictures from an SD card to my laptop. First, I had to move the files to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved pictures from an SD card to my laptop. First, I had to move the files to the...: I moved pictures from an SD card to my laptop. The list didn't show "Pictures', so I had to move them to the Documents folder. How can I move them to the Picture folder? Also, how do I delete the data on the SD card so I can use it again?...
  6. I moved pictures from an SD card to my laptop. First, I had to move the files to the...

7. All My personal Files are missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All My personal Files are missing: Hi,After windows installed updates, all my personal files are missing. I have searched in multiple locations and have not been able to locate them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-personal-files-are-missing/467c41de-0de6-4051-8619-3abc4d973cba
  8. All My personal Files are missing

All My personal Files are missing: Hi,After windows installed updates, all my personal files are missing. I have searched in multiple locations and have not been able to locate them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-personal-files-are-missing/467c41de-0de6-4051-8619-3abc4d973cba
  9. All My personal Files are missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Simple Questions Thread - Week of August 30th, 2020

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Simple Questions Thread - Week of August 30th, 2020: Welcome to the Simple Questions thread, for questions that don't need their own thread. We still recommend you use the search, FAQ/Wiki on the sidebar, or even a Bing search before asking. Also please post tech support related questions on /r/techsupport. Some examples of...