Windows 10: i had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in...

Discus and support i had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; meaning when i deleted that virtual machine , the allocated virtual hard disk .vhdx file stays there , when i delete that .vhdx file it doesnt give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Centurian Prime, Apr 28, 2021.

1. i had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in...

meaning when i deleted that virtual machine , the allocated virtual hard disk .vhdx file stays there , when i delete that .vhdx file it doesnt give back my storage , for example = i had 155 gb of storage before installation of linux in hyper=v ,after installlation it became 142gb , when i deleted the os from hyper v, it did not turned back to 155gb of storage which was there previously,now after searching i found the location of that .vhdx file which was 12 gb, then i deleted it, but the storage remains same 142 gb . i was afraid to delete it from recycle bin, if something went wrong it coul

:)

Centurian Prime, Apr 28, 2021
  2. Sasuke__Uchiha, Apr 28, 2021
  3. Hyper-V new 'Quick Create' Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS errors on boot

After enabling Hyper-V in Windows 10 Pro and following the 'Quick Create' type wizard in Hyper-V to create a Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS virtual machine, Hyper-V encounters the following two errors when trying to boot this virtual machine.

This is following the completion of the 'Quick Create' wizard to establish the Hyper-V settings for this particular virtual machine.

When starting this virtual machine the window that this is occurring in displays the following two errors:

• Spectre V2: Spectre mitigation LFENCE not serializing, switching to generic retpoline.
    • PCI: Fatal: No config space function found.

This results in the Ubuntu boot up failing and falling back to the Linux Grub menu.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, version 1809 on a HP EliteBook 745 G5 notebook which uses an AMD Ryzen 5 2500u CPU.

Any help much appreciated.

SpaceHopperUK, Apr 28, 2021
  4. Cliff S Win User

i had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in...

A guide how to run Ubuntu 18.04 in Enhanced Mode in Hyper-V

Well Martin I finally got around to giving it a try.
    And.....

If everyone just follows your instructions "step by step" exactly....
    it works perfectly!!!*Party

I now have 4k Ubuntu in Hyper-V
    i had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in... [​IMG]

Thanksi had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in... :)
    1080p
    (click to enlarge)
    i had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in... [​IMG]

4K*Party*Party*Party(change to 200%)
    (click to enlarge)

Cliff S, Apr 28, 2021
Thema:

i had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in...

1. i had installed ubuntu 20.04 lts on hyper-v, but after my work is completed i deleted it in... - Similar Threads - installed ubuntu lts

2. Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS: So my problem is a bit weird.My trackpad and mouse was working perfectly. I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu 22.04 and my touchpad became unresponsive. I connected my mouse and it didn’t work either. I tried a few solutions from the internet and it didn’t work. ```sudo...
  3. Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad stopped working suddenly on Ubuntu and Windows after installing Ubuntu 22.04 LTS: So my problem is a bit weird.My trackpad and mouse was working perfectly. I dual booted my windows 11 with Ubuntu 22.04 and my touchpad became unresponsive. I connected my mouse and it didn’t work either. I tried a few solutions from the internet and it didn’t work. ```sudo...
  4. WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation: WSl2 Windows subsystem for Linux 2 worked great until I installed Hyper-V, which I also uninstalled but WSL2 still doesn't work. Error message: "The system cannot find the specified file."How can i fix it?[moved from de-de]...
  5. Hyper-V Zombie Ubuntu Can't Delete or Remove

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Zombie Ubuntu Can't Delete or Remove: I am new with Hyper-V, I've been using it to learn Linux/Ubuntu. I recently built a new Desktop, installed a Ryzen 7 with 8 cores and 32 Gb RAM. Hyper-V allows me to try different installations without wrestling with the old hardware I had been using. The latest...
  6. Hyper-V new 'Quick Create' Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS errors on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V new 'Quick Create' Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS errors on boot: After enabling Hyper-V in Windows 10 Pro and following the 'Quick Create' type wizard in Hyper-V to create a Ubuntu 18.04.01 LTS virtual machine, Hyper-V encounters the following two errors when trying to boot this virtual machine. This is following the completion of the...
  7. Hyper-V/Ubuntu 10.04 Installation/Error

Hyper-V/Ubuntu 10.04 Installation/Error: I recently purchased a Dell XPS 15, 9550, 6700HQ, W10P, 16Gig, non-touch, refurb computer. I re-partitioned the SSD drive, creating among other things drive 'R' of about 97 Gig. R was not reformatted - it is NTFS. Using another computer, I downloaded Ubuntu 10.04.LTS ISO...
  8. Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image

Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image: Help with Installing Ubuntu VM in Hyper-v and creating an image as a .WIM within SCCM. So here's a breakdown of the situation: - I need Ubuntu to be installed as a VM on several Windows machines e.g. approximately 90-110 Desktops. - I've used Virtualbox previously...
  9. Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v

Cannot Install Ubuntu 17.04 in Hyper-v: I am trying to install Ubuntu 1704 through Hyper V. It seems to go easily until I select the command to go ahead and install Ubuntu. Then things go wrong. I get the following error messages as shown in the attachment. It says that file...
  10. Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v

Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v: Apologies for the very basic question, but this is my first attempt at creating a virtual machine within Windows 10 pro using hyper-v. I have created a VM, and during the process allocated a drive/folder for that VM, and selected the Linux iso file that should be installed....