Windows 10: I had my windows copied over to my new SSD and now I can't delete the old one

Discus and support I had my windows copied over to my new SSD and now I can't delete the old one in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I went to a computer shop to have my windows copied over to my new SSD card and I saw that one of my drives still has windows on it, even though I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GerryNeu, Jan 10, 2019.

1. GerryNeu Win User

I had my windows copied over to my new SSD and now I can't delete the old one

I went to a computer shop to have my windows copied over to my new SSD card and I saw that one of my drives still has windows on it, even though I'm not using it anymore but it won't let me delete all the files, there's still a few left, it says that I don't have permission to delete them. How do I gain that permission? It's unused memory that's being occupied.

:)

GerryNeu, Jan 10, 2019
  2. dhdude Win User

Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile I had my windows copied over to my new SSD and now I can't delete the old one :)

dhdude, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade - New SSD

I had the same question and got a great answer. Hope this helps!

Here is 10 steps to Windows 10 (from windows 7 home pro)

1. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2. Scroll down and click "download tool now"

3. Open and follow prompt and put installer as an ISO or put on USB drive

4. go to Computer Properties and Write down your Microsoft Product Code BEFORE MOVING ON TO STEP 5!

5. Install new SSD

6. Start PC and boot from new windows 10 USB or DVD

7. Install windows 10 on new SSD

8. Activate your new windows 10 with your Microsoft product code

9. Copy over old files from old SSD

10. Enjoy Windows 10!

AlexFrostdaPimp, Jan 10, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I had my windows copied over to my new SSD and now I can't delete the old one :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

1. I had my windows copied over to my new SSD and now I can't delete the old one - Similar Threads - copied SSD can't

2. My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?: SSD replacement and windows installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-ssd-is-not-working-can-i-install-windows-11/19337178-ea5d-4009-8c11-457ae2088df2
  3. My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old ssd is not working. Can I install windows 11 on my new SSD without the old one?: SSD replacement and windows installation. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-old-ssd-is-not-working-can-i-install-windows-11/19337178-ea5d-4009-8c11-457ae2088df2
  4. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.: I've tried to contact support via the get help app/option in windows but it constantly just gives me the "There was a problem loading your support options." error. Any other way to get in touch with microsoft support?...
  5. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.: I've tried to contact support via the get help app/option in windows but it constantly just gives me the "There was a problem loading your support options." error. Any other way to get in touch with microsoft support?...
  6. I recently had to reinstall my OS to a new SSD and now I can't reactivate my windows.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. If I copy over registry files, do I delete the old ones?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I copy over registry files, do I delete the old ones?: I want to copy over registry files from my old laptop because they contain save files for a game. I've already installed the game on the new laptop, so it already has its own folder and registry files. If I want to copy over the files from my old laptop now, do I have to...
  8. If I copy over registry files, do I delete the old ones?

If I copy over registry files, do I delete the old ones?: I want to copy over registry files from my old laptop because they contain save files for a game. I've already installed the game on the new laptop, so it already has its own folder and registry files. If I want to copy over the files from my old laptop now, do I have to...
  9. If I copy over registry files, do I delete the old ones?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Installing a new copy of windows 10 over an old one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a new copy of windows 10 over an old one: I bought an old laptop running Windows 10. I also bought a new copy of Windows 10. Can I just go ahead and install it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-a-new-copy-of-windows-10-over-an-old/4a76b7b8-2f04-48d8-8640-f058890725ec