Windows 10: I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail...

Discus and support I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail version Now I want to upgrade my laptop with m.2 nvme ssd and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Sujith Kumara, Jun 21, 2022.

1. I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail...

I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail version Now I want to upgrade my laptop with m.2 nvme ssd and then reinstall windows 10 Activation section is saying Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your microsoft account If I reinstall windows 10 will I lost my license?

:)

Sujith Kumara, Jun 21, 2022
  2. Kyhi Win User

Are Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??

That is why I removed my Retail purchases of windows 8.1 and

reinstalled the OEM software version and then upgraded the OEM version..

oem for oem - and kept the right to transfer my retail windows 8.1 purchases, by choosing not to upgrade them..

But after a years time, the Free update will expire, and a windows 10 purchase will be required anyway..

3. rtwjunkie Win User
    my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

Dude, go to Newegg right now and read the questions and answers tab on Windows 10 OEM. The OEM copies that are listed there DO in fact, come on an optical disc. The flash drive ONLY comes on Retail copies.

rtwjunkie, Jun 21, 2022
  4. taz420nj Win User

I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail...

my windows 10 oem didn't come with a product key

LOL yes they do. Legit OEM copies DO come with a key - on a sticker that you affix to the case. OEM and SLP (System Locked Preactivation) are NOT the same thing. SLP is what large OEMs like Dell, HP, etc do, where every system came out of the factory activated with the same "Manufacturer's Master" key in XP, Vista, and 7. Reinstalling with the factory image preserves this activation. However if you dig that key out with Magical Jellybean and try to do a clean install with it, activation will fail. That's why every machine that came out of a factory ALSO had a COA with a unique key. That is what you need to use for a clean install. Starting with 8, large OEMs began embedding the unique key into the BIOS, which is why they no longer come with a unique key sticker. However, you can still buy legit OEM versions of every version (the ones that small shops would use for their custom machines) - including 10 - which come with the sticker with a unique key.

The only differences between OEM and Retail versions is that the OEM version locks to the first motherboard it is activated on, while Retail can be moved to a different one. OEM also come with no support.

taz420nj, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail...

1. I had oem version of windows 10 after i reinstall windows 10 oem version became to retail... - Similar Threads - oem version reinstall

2. Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?: Hi, I currently use an OEM version of windows 10 on my fairly old computer. I'm planning to change pretty much all my hardware except for my more recent ssd where my windows is installed. I'd like to buy a retail windows license to be able to move my ssd to a new hardware...
  3. Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?: Hi, I currently use an OEM version of windows 10 on my fairly old computer. I'm planning to change pretty much all my hardware except for my more recent ssd where my windows is installed. I'd like to buy a retail windows license to be able to move my ssd to a new hardware...
  4. Can I change my windows 10 oem to a retail version of windows 10 in 2023 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home oem factory to Windows 10 Pro retail version: Can you use the windows 10 Pro retail version to upgrade an installed oem windows 10 home on a new laptop, and not reset any of the current installed settings and programs. Will windows 10 pro retail work as like installing an upgrade version to change the OS to pro retail...
  6. Windows 10 OEM or Retail

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 OEM or Retail: Is windows 10 pro available to download through media creation tool from microsoft is OEM or Retail ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-oem-or-retail/129ae35c-0304-4b10-8ef2-e9f2f63954be
  7. Windows 10 Retail or OEM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Retail or OEM: I am thinking of upgrading my Windows 10 Home to Pro. My PC is about 7 years old and I bought it as a bare machine together with a Windows 8 disk which I installed myself. Over the years it has upgraded and is now Windows 10 2004. At some stage I will buy a new PC and...
  8. Is Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??

in Windows 10 Support
    Is Windows Retail Version Upgrading to Win 10 OEM??: I put this question to Microsoft this week by email: Good morning This complaint pertains to the upgrade options from a full retail version of Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. According to the EULA: “4. Transfer. The provisions of this section do not apply if you...
  9. Using an OEM version and want to upgrade to a retail version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using an OEM version and want to upgrade to a retail version: There's a good chance that my computer will need major new parts and I'm afraid that it will not activate when fixes. I would like to use the operation system that I already configured to my liking. Can I buy a retail version of Windows 10 and just use that new key to...
  10. Retail version or OEM version

in Windows 10 Support
    Retail version or OEM version: Hi Friends, I am thinking of building a new PC on my own. I am a home user only. I will buy all the hardware from a local shop ie motherboard, cpu, ram, hdd etc and then I would like to install a genuine/legal version of Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on it. But should I buy OEM...