Windows 10: I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back?

Discus and support I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; My new laptop just came in from the mail today and I've been tinkering with it some. I didn't know that it would come with Microsoft Office... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ACMDogfight1997, Aug 16, 2017.

1. I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back?

My new laptop just came in from the mail today and I've been tinkering with it some. I didn't know that it would come with Microsoft Office pre-installed and I don't know if it's a trial version or the full version that I can keep. What I know is that happen to uninstall Microsoft Office from the program settings in the control panel thinking it was something else and now I don't know how to get it back. My guess that it was a trial version since it said Office 365 on it or something. I looked on the page where I ordered it from and I don't see anything saying that it comes with office: Acer Laptop Aspire E5-575-33BM Intel Core i3 7th Gen 7100U Windows 10 Home Grade A-Newegg.com

I don't know what to do here so any help is appreciated.

:)

ACMDogfight1997, Aug 16, 2017

2. I got a new laptop and it already had Windows 10 in its system. "Activate Windows; Go to Settings to activate Windows" was on my screen in the bottom right hand corner.

Windows 10 came preinstalled on my computer, how do I find the product key?

Press Windows key + X

Click Command Prompt (admin)

Enter the following command:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey

Hit Enter

The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it

Click Start > Settings > Update & security
    > Activation > Change the product key then enter the new product key then click
    Next to Activate

If you are unable to activate Windows 10 after all the above and you are certain you have the correct edition installed, then please attempt phone activation:

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Andre Da Costa, Aug 16, 2017
  3. I got a new laptop and it already had Windows 10 in its system. "Activate Windows; Go to Settings to activate Windows" was on my screen in the bottom right hand corner.

Original title: Windows 10 Activation

I got a new laptop and it already had Windows 10 in its system. "Activate Windows; Go to Settings to activate Windows" was on my screen in the bottom right hand corner. I went to settings and pressed activate, but the laptop keeps telling me " Windows is
    unable to reach your company's activation service. Please connect to your corporate network. If you are connected and continue to see this error, contact your system administrator. You can also click on error detail to find the exact error. Error code: 0xC004F074."
    Does buying the laptop online and having it shipped to me have anything to do with this problem? The product key was already put in when I turned on the laptop... I've tried everything to get the activate button to work but nothing has worked out so far. I'm
    really confused and frustrated. Please help.

BenzNguyen, Aug 16, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back?

Office 365 that comes with Win10 on the new computers I've dealt with is the subscription version as an advertisement feature, only way I know to get it back is to do a System Restore that puts the computer back to the day it shipped or just before you got it.

Berton, Aug 16, 2017
  5. Well I don't have a restore point before what I just did.

6. mrgeek Win User
    I deal with a few acer laptops. Yours should have a recovery partition with the original factory configuration that you can roll back to. This will cause you to lose all data, programs and settings but since it's only a day or two old, that should not be a big deal to start over and do it right this time. If you're lucky, you can just extract the Office trial and reinstall it. Access the Recovery Manager by restarting, then hit F9 repeatedly as soon as you see the ASUS logo until it appears and look over the options. Good Luck

mrgeek, Aug 16, 2017
  7. Berton Win User
    Sorry, I should have said Factory Restore.

Berton, Aug 16, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 16, 2017
  9. Well, I have an option to reset the PC. Not sure if that will bring back everything that it had on it when I started it up for the first time. It also has the option to keep my files or remove everything.

10. It's a simple answer. Did you pay for Office? If not, then there's no point in keeping it. Either buy a license or use one of the free alternatives. If you did buy it, you should have the license documented, including ways of reinstalling.

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I had Office with a new laptop and uninstalled it. Can I get it back? - Similar Threads - Office laptop uninstalled

2. How can i get laptop back to Vista?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get laptop back to Vista?: Windows Vista laptop i have was playing up so i decided to do a factory restore using the recovery disk supplied from Toshiba with it. I did this process about 10 years ago so know cd disc is good & works.I try booting recovery disc from cd drive and discover sometime in last...
  3. How can i get laptop back to Vista?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i get laptop back to Vista?: Windows Vista laptop i have was playing up so i decided to do a factory restore using the recovery disk supplied from Toshiba with it. I did this process about 10 years ago so know cd disc is good & works.I try booting recovery disc from cd drive and discover sometime in last...
  4. Laptop Stolen how can I get back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stolen how can I get back: How can I get my laptop which is and I don't have the Mac id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stolen-how-can-i-get-back/62568a70-784c-4072-b663-1d8f74768a33
  5. Laptop Stolen how can I get back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stolen how can I get back: How can I get my laptop which is and I don't have the Mac id https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stolen-how-can-i-get-back/62568a70-784c-4072-b663-1d8f74768a33
  6. Had to reset Laptop & lost office product key. How do I get office?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Had to reset Laptop & lost office product key. How do I get office?: I just spent the day restoring my laptop bc MS couldn't update. Now after the restore, I can't find the product key for office. How can I get it without buying a new suite?TIA,Eric...
  7. I had to get a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to get a new hard drive: The guy who sold me my new 128G SSD put a version of Windows 10 on my computer that's all messed up. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 to clean it up? I was using Windows 10 Pro on the old hard drive....
  8. I uninstalled bluetooth on my hp laptop and can not get it back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I uninstalled bluetooth on my hp laptop and can not get it back: I uninstalled it some time ago when windows 10 updated. I was trying to fix it not showing up in device manager. I would like to have it back. Can you please help me. Thank you. My laptop is a HP Intel core i5...
  9. Can I get back Microsoft Office subscription that I got preinstalled in my laptop after I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I get back Microsoft Office subscription that I got preinstalled in my laptop after I...: Can I get back Microsoft Office subscription and other apps that I got preinstalled in my laptop after I do Clean Install of my PC. If yes, please guide me how to do it. I haven't yet done the clean install but I want to....
  10. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?: I bought and installed a McAfee antivirus program as it looked like they were pressuring me to do so. Did I lose Defender when I did that? Now I found out I don't need an additional program. Can I uninstall the McAfee and get Defender back?...