Windows 10: I had someone hack into my computer: after it has been fixed how do I prevent it from...

Discus and support I had someone hack into my computer: after it has been fixed how do I prevent it from... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My Desktop PC is a HP All-in-One 22-c0xx with McAfee unfortunately anti-virus After doing a complete system reset I had my files remain and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jadee Blue, Nov 18, 2020.

1. I had someone hack into my computer: after it has been fixed how do I prevent it from...

My Desktop PC is a HP All-in-One 22-c0xx with McAfee unfortunately anti-virus

After doing a complete system reset I had my files remain and re-installed Windows I am back up and running. I have made sure that I have done all I can to ensure that it does not happen again; I have only Ethernet wired internet connection, turned off Wi-Fi, scanned my PC. However I am in need of some expert advice to ensure this does not happen again after having the same issue 3 months ago and having to do a complete clean download of Windows 10 from a USB disk drive that was sent by HP.

I have several screen shots including one that has my attackers IP address and serial number to his computer... if there is a way to prosecute this person or just give the authorities what I have so this person is stopped from also harming other people than I will do it.

Here is one of many screenshots: NOTE - I do not have a Bluetooth radio account or device but in this screen shot it says that I do. I do have more screen shots from my Device Manager and Error logs and want to send them to the right people.

Can anyone give me some advice on taking preventative measures to ensure that my computer is not vulnerable to attack and take action to stop this person who hacked into my computer. I had someone hack into my computer: after it has been fixed how do I prevent it from... 948966e7-6ce9-41c7-8622-a34558ad6852?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jadee Blue, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Laronge Win User

Hacked computer

My computer was hacked and I lost my admin rights. I tried doing a recovery, but that failed. Incomplete. Can't get to lock screen anymore

Any suggestions?

Laronge, Nov 18, 2020
  3. R.Mike Win User
    Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

I had someone hack into my computer: after it has been fixed how do I prevent it from...

Computer was hacked.

Hi Windy,

There are a few steps that we can apply to remove that malicious software from your computer. Before we proceed with the troubleshooting, we'd like to know the following:

• Do you have other admin user profiles on your computer?
    • Were you able to access desktop screen?
    • Is your computer still connected to a public network?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

I had someone hack into my computer: after it has been fixed how do I prevent it from...

1. I had someone hack into my computer: after it has been fixed how do I prevent it from... - Similar Threads - someone hack computer

2. I think my MSN account has been hacked, how do I verify this and how do I fix this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my MSN account has been hacked, how do I verify this and how do I fix this.: I think my MSN account has been hacked, how do I verify this and how do I fix this * Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-my-msn-account-has-been-hacked-how-do-i/bbc3d19e-6e77-4ed3-a6fe-b6895d2527d3
  3. I think my MSN account has been hacked, how do I verify this and how do I fix this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think my MSN account has been hacked, how do I verify this and how do I fix this.: I think my MSN account has been hacked, how do I verify this and how do I fix this * Changed to a question and moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-my-msn-account-has-been-hacked-how-do-i/bbc3d19e-6e77-4ed3-a6fe-b6895d2527d3
  4. Has my computer been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has my computer been hacked?: I updated my Windows 10 and “Best Dullicate Photos” and “CCleaner” automatically downloaded on to my computer without my ever choosing so. Has my computer been hacked?...
  5. Has my computer been hacked?

Has my computer been hacked?: I updated my Windows 10 and “Best Dullicate Photos” and “CCleaner” automatically downloaded on to my computer without my ever choosing so. Has my computer been hacked?...
  6. My computer had bluetooth but no longer has it, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer had bluetooth but no longer has it, how do I fix it?: On restart my computer got rid of blue tooth now I can't connect my mouse because it says that bluetooth is not available on the computer....
  7. My computer had bluetooth but no longer has it, how do I fix it?

My computer had bluetooth but no longer has it, how do I fix it?: On restart my computer got rid of blue tooth now I can't connect my mouse because it says that bluetooth is not available on the computer....
  8. My computer had bluetooth but no longer has it, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Do I have a virus or has someone hacked my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Do I have a virus or has someone hacked my computer?: A month ago my Windows 10 desktop started acting really slow and when I started it I couldn't connect to the internet unless I rebooted it. I thought maybe it was AVG Antivirus that was causing the problem so I uninstalled it and I was able to connect to the internet. Then...
  10. My computer has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer has been hacked: My computer has been hacked and a hidden user has gained access. In an effort to delete default users, there are several now, I still cant find out how or where they are. I have disabled network sharing and turned off Wi-Fi and so far I haven't detected the...