Windows 10: i had the app downloaded but had to uninstall it because it wouldnt open and when i try to...

Discus and support i had the app downloaded but had to uninstall it because it wouldnt open and when i try to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MachoMane_ [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MachoMane_, Oct 1, 2020.

1. i had the app downloaded but had to uninstall it because it wouldnt open and when i try to...

/u/MachoMane_, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. i had the app downloaded but had to uninstall it because it wouldnt open and when i try to... :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Hearthstone open beta

... is now open!

No wait, that's not the word.

The word is ASS.

Step 1. Download the client installer.

Step 2. The installer connects to the server, or at least tries to, overnight during which it just stops several times.

Step 3. Realize the installer is for the Battle.net unified launcher, and not Hearthstone as such.

Step 4. Install the Battle.net unified launcher. This may take a few hours, even after it's been downloaded as such, it's still just slow.

Step 4. Install Hearthstone. Wait for the app to crash a couple of times, wait for it to verify various stuff, then wait for the download to start.

Step 5. Wait for the download to finish. It is pretty quick actually, unless it just crashes.

Step 6. ASS

And no, I still have no compassion for the people bitching about EA servers.

Frick, Oct 1, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

i had the app downloaded but had to uninstall it because it wouldnt open and when i try to...

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

i had the app downloaded but had to uninstall it because it wouldnt open and when i try to...

1. i had the app downloaded but had to uninstall it because it wouldnt open and when i try to... - Similar Threads - app downloaded uninstall

2. I had a few videos and pictures saved in a CD which can not open when I tried to open it it...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I had a few videos and pictures saved in a CD which can not open when I tried to open it it...: I had a few videos and pictures saved in a CD which can not open when I tried to open it it open a notepad file. Plz help me to open it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-few-videos-and-pictures-saved-in-a-cd/e489423d-90a1-4510-bc79-7e9cab296f1d
  3. I had a few videos and pictures saved in a CD which can not open when I tried to open it it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a few videos and pictures saved in a CD which can not open when I tried to open it it...: I had a few videos and pictures saved in a CD which can not open when I tried to open it it open a notepad file. Plz help me to open it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-a-few-videos-and-pictures-saved-in-a-cd/e489423d-90a1-4510-bc79-7e9cab296f1d
  4. I had a few videos and pictures saved in a CD which can not open when I tried to open it it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My laptop restarted randomly and it was because I had enabled Spotlight and the image had...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop restarted randomly and it was because I had enabled Spotlight and the image had...: I had previously reported this as it seemed to be when the laptop was put to sleep but this time, I logged onto the laptop as usual and it had the same image when I last logged in approximately 10 hours ago.I loaded Chrome and was on a betting site amongst other tabs and as...
  6. My laptop restarted randomly and it was because I had enabled Spotlight and the image had...

My laptop restarted randomly and it was because I had enabled Spotlight and the image had...: I had previously reported this as it seemed to be when the laptop was put to sleep but this time, I logged onto the laptop as usual and it had the same image when I last logged in approximately 10 hours ago.I loaded Chrome and was on a betting site amongst other tabs and as...
  7. Today i had a pop up saying i had a trojan horse. I called number on the screen because i...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Today i had a pop up saying i had a trojan horse. I called number on the screen because i...: The lady that supposedly helped me is called Angela Green. Is this real? Or am i being scammed? Has this ever happened to somone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-i-had-a-pop-up-saying-i-had-a-trojan-horse-i/b4710f07-41fb-4f10-9d67-ccb7307d8052
  8. Today i had a pop up saying i had a trojan horse. I called number on the screen because i...

Today i had a pop up saying i had a trojan horse. I called number on the screen because i...: The lady that supposedly helped me is called Angela Green. Is this real? Or am i being scammed? Has this ever happened to somone else? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/today-i-had-a-pop-up-saying-i-had-a-trojan-horse-i/b4710f07-41fb-4f10-9d67-ccb7307d8052
  9. I had to rename my username because it had a space in it, causing issues with certain...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to rename my username because it had a space in it, causing issues with certain...: I had to rename my username because it had a space in it, causing issues with certain software packages. So I followed this guide to do so, How to Rename a Windows 10 User Folder. Thus changing my username and username folder "User Name" to "User" so it had no space. This...
  10. trying to download app from windows store but wont let me. i had this installed but i had...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to download app from windows store but wont let me. i had this installed but i had...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MachoMane_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1omu2/trying_to_download_app_from_windows_store_but/