Windows 10: I had three Windows 10 VMs running under VMWare when Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 forced me...

Discus and support I had three Windows 10 VMs running under VMWare when Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 forced me... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had three VMs with Windows 10 Professional working under VMWare Workstation and removed VMWare when prompted to by the 1903 install. I foolishly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Joschka(2), Sep 2, 2019.

1. I had three Windows 10 VMs running under VMWare when Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 forced me...

I had three VMs with Windows 10 Professional working under VMWare Workstation and removed VMWare when prompted to by the 1903 install.

I foolishly assumed that Microsoft would provide a tool to convert a VMWare VM to a Hyper-V VM. Too Bad for me!

So then I activated Hyper-v and created a new windows 10 (phase 2) machine from the original .ISO image. But it refused to activate. When I looked for existing licenses to claim, one of my three VMs showed up in the list BUT Hyper-V would not allow me to use it.

Finally I paid $199 for a new Windows 10 Pro license and activated the machine.

But I'm very unhappy that I've lost three valuable licenses. I can rebuild the three VMs but I don't want to have to buy licenses I already own.

Is there any group in Microsoft who can help me?

I consider this to be a billing and License issue which should be eligible for free support.

Joschka

:)

Joschka(2), Sep 2, 2019

2. GPU-Z kills windows 10 VM

Hello there,
    when I run gpu-z on VM running vgpu (M60 or K2 grid) VM crash and restarts itself.

GPU: nvidia grid M60 | nvidia grid K2
    GPU-Z release: 1.14~1.17
    Issue: windows crash in VM and it won't power on.
    How to reproduce: Run gpu-z in a windows 10 VM with (M60 or K2 grid) vgpu, VM restarts instantly without any progress

Please check and release fix for this issue.

Here is the dumpfile for gpu-z: Dropbox - Error

Thanks,

Minion Flowthroe, Sep 2, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

I had three Windows 10 VMs running under VMWare when Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 forced me...

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

I had three Windows 10 VMs running under VMWare when Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 forced me...

1. I had three Windows 10 VMs running under VMWare when Windows 10 upgrade to 1903 forced me... - Similar Threads - three VMs running

2. Unable to start VMs in Hyper V in Windows 10 1903.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to start VMs in Hyper V in Windows 10 1903.: VM are erroring with message Failed to start. I tried disabling and enabling the Hyper V several times with no success. I see the below log messages in event viewer for Hyper V VMMS [FrCtUtilities::UpdateFRCTFilesTime@2226] Caught exception: The system cannot find the...
  3. Issue when try to run VMware in windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue when try to run VMware in windows 10 pro: I'm trying to run VM inside the VMware Workstation Pro and this error appear [ATTACH] [ATTACH] And that prevent the VM of running. the windows is original with least update. I tried to remove and reinstall the VMWare workstation. with failed try. the hyper-V is...
  4. I had an issue with windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had an issue with windows 10 1903 update: When I updated to Windows 10 1903 I was unable to open some programs. Worked with MS engineer could not fix issue, told to go back to a past date which we did. After doing that my PC would not reload and open. Worked with MS for 3 hours could not fix issue. I somehow a way to...
  5. Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion

Windows 10 upgrade on VMWare Fusion: Good day, I currently use Windows 10 Pro v 1803 as a virtual machine under VMWare Fusion 11.5.2. My question is, can I upgrade to Windows 10 or even 11 with a note saying that my license has expired? Thank you in advance. Sincerely, George D. McCallion...
  6. Forced Windows 10 Upgrades

Forced Windows 10 Upgrades: I wrote the following in the previous post: Windows forced Upgrades I am on the previous release preceding 1909. Why haven't I upgraded? I have a Gigabyte G.1.Assasin2 - 32Gig RAM 1st - I have upgraded to 1909 two different times! 2nd - when I do instal 1909, A, MS Edge...
  7. Upgrade to WIndows 10 1903

Upgrade to WIndows 10 1903: I have been trying to perform this Update for MONTHS. Removed excess hardware,. Updated all drivers for everything in Device Manager. 2 different DISM commands. HELP!!...
  8. windows 10 1903 upgrade

windows 10 1903 upgrade: Upgrade fails with error 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1903-upgrade/eb4310f1-4095-427a-8bae-9623f301ff8d
  9. Windows 10 1903 upgrade

Windows 10 1903 upgrade: Last 20-25 % has been very slow. Now at 85+%, taking over 30 min to an hour to go up 1 percent on final install step. Can I restart this windows upgrade? Are there other options? Note, I have transported the laptop and it has gone into sleep mode 2 or 3 times. I have...
  10. VMware refuses to run Windows 10

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware refuses to run Windows 10: I have been trying to run Windows 10 on Vmware Player on the latest insider build but I keep running into this error: [img] I have played about with Group Policy to change the status of Device Guard but the error still appears. 134369