Windows 10: I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

Discus and support I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I’m in need to reset my laptop because I can’t access it, I just want to speed up to process to get my bitlocker recovery key so I can reset it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jack Gavin1, Mar 18, 2023.

1. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

I’m in need to reset my laptop because I can’t access it, I just want to speed up to process to get my bitlocker recovery key so I can reset it

:)

Jack Gavin1, Mar 18, 2023
  2. DJ1982i Win User

Microsoft Account 30 day wait

About two years ago I added my mobile number to my account, and removed the old one. But when I went on yesterday it still had the old number, so I attempted to change it again. My new number is already associated with Xbox as I sometimes get texts - and
    I also can make purchases. I wanted to get 2-Step authentication as I have recently moved back to Windows from Apple after enjoying time on my older windows PC.

I have, in the past 5 years:

Logged in with this account and had an Xbox 360

Logged in on this account to play games on Windows

Logged in on this account when I got my Xbox One

Logged in and used Skype

Logged in on Windows on my partitioned Mac

Logged in on One Drive on my Phone

Bought a new Windows PC and logged in this week.

Now I am asked to change my details and wait 30 days. I find this incredibly fustrating as I want to set up secure features now so I can get the most out of my laptop as I will be WFH - but will be taking the laptop with me on occasions I do have to go out.

I have consistantly used this MS account on multiple devices and have already changed my number, but I guess it has different usages for changing numbers and changing it in one place doesnt in another?

Can somebody please remove the 30 day wait.

DJ1982i, Mar 18, 2023
  3. 30 day wait?

Hi,

I gave my Lumia 920 to my son to use, with the idea that I'll be able to activate Family Safety on the phone as I did on his tablet. I reset the phone and started to enter his Outlook.com credentials for the Microsoft account. But when the verification is
    done, it still wants to send the verification code to my cell number - and not his. I made sure that his SIM card is used, but it insisted to send the verification to my number. When I changed the security info to his number, it said that I'll have to wait
    30 days for the change to take affect.

I understand some of the logic behind the 30 day wait, but for two reasons it's totally impractical in my case:

1. I have control over the phone and accounts, so I should be able to decide what to active and when - not the system.

2. My son can only use the phone when I can monitor his internet access - he now has to wait 30 days before that can happen - total waste!

Thys

ThysMarais, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Joe Men Win User

I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

Phone number synced to computer

We're here to help!

Do the following steps:

• Click on the Security & privacy tab.
    • Under the Security info helps keep your account secure options, you will see your phone number.
    • Remove your old phone number and add the new one.
    Important: Changes to the security information will take about 30 days to apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Joe Men, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

1. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in... - Similar Threads - change phone number

2. I have updated my personnal information phone number and it takes 30 days for Microsoft to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have updated my personnal information phone number and it takes 30 days for Microsoft to...: I have updated my personnal information phone number and it takes 30 days for Microsoft to update my account. Meanwhile, it's been 4 days that I can't send or receive any emails. I need help....
  3. I have updated my personnal information phone number and it takes 30 days for Microsoft to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have updated my personnal information phone number and it takes 30 days for Microsoft to...: I have updated my personnal information phone number and it takes 30 days for Microsoft to update my account. Meanwhile, it's been 4 days that I can't send or receive any emails. I need help....
  4. I have updated my personnal information phone number and it takes 30 days for Microsoft to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...: I’m in need to reset my laptop because I can’t access it, I just want to speed up to process to get my bitlocker recovery key so I can reset it...
  6. I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...

I had to change the phone number for my Microsoft log in and I have to wait 30 days in...: I’m in need to reset my laptop because I can’t access it, I just want to speed up to process to get my bitlocker recovery key so I can reset it...
  7. Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!...

Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number!...: Cant log in to Windows to set new pin! Have to wait 30 days for new back up phone number! Cannot cancel request for new back up because old email and phone number dont longer exist. What should I do?...
  8. I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...: So I recently decided to update to Windows 11 but once it finished and rebooted I was prompted with the BitLocker page. I had never encountered this before and my laptop is fairly new less than 1 year old. I’ve also never been asked to save the recovery key or anything of the...
  9. I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...

I need my Bitlocker recovery key but changed my phone number and have to wait 30 days, how...: So I recently decided to update to Windows 11 but once it finished and rebooted I was prompted with the BitLocker page. I had never encountered this before and my laptop is fairly new less than 1 year old. I’ve also never been asked to save the recovery key or anything of the...
  10. 30 day wait period for number change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    30 day wait period for number change: I desperately need to login to my PC. We were attempting to problem solve the printer not communicating to the computer and we did a windows upgrade and restart. After the restart microsoft was asking for a verification pin that was going to an old number. When we attempted...