Windows 10: I had to clean reinstall W10 but I have a previous system with separate hard drives for W10...

Discus and support I had to clean reinstall W10 but I have a previous system with separate hard drives for W10... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello community, I hope everyone is doing well. I had to clean reinstall Windows 10 but in my previous system I choose to have a SSD for Windows 10 +... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by salvapost, Nov 4, 2020.

1. salvapost Win User

I had to clean reinstall W10 but I have a previous system with separate hard drives for W10...

Hello community, I hope everyone is doing well.

I had to clean reinstall Windows 10 but in my previous system I choose to have a SSD for Windows 10 + apps and a high capacity HDD for data storage which include the User Account folder.

What will be the best praxis for relink my HDD data storage User Account Folder with my new W10 install SSD?

Thank you!

:)

salvapost, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Winrland Win User

'Clean' reinstall of W10

Hi all,

I am updating both of my W10 computers with SSD's and am wanting to 'reinstall' windows along the way, and with the very excellent and immediate phone support from MS, have just completed on both of these machines what they seem to call a 'Repair Reinstall'
    of W10 that reinstalls the OS and retains all files programs and apps, which is great.

While upgrading both machines to an SSD primary drive, I am also retaining the original hard drive within the machine, which comes up as Drive J. I run these machines very cleanly, and personal files I need to retain are very minimal and easily saved to
    a USB drive (or Drive J).

I would like to do a 'Clean' Reinstall of W10 that will wipe my machine 'clean' of virtually everything and reinstall the OS on a perfectly clean system, essentially bringing the unit back to as much of an 'as new' condition as possible; my concern is in
    retaining and / or reinstalling my versions of MS Office and my Adobe programs.

I'm wondering if, before I begin the 'Clean' reinstall I were to disconnect my HDD (which is what my SSD was cloned from, so retains all my programs such as Office and my Adobe stuff), and then after having done a clean reinstall with my SSD, could I somehow
    easily reinstall MS Office and my Adobe stuff from a freshly re-connected Drive J, or not?

I guess my question is this: With primary goal of having freshest, cleanest unit when done, what steps do I need to take to be able to reinstall my Office and Adobe programs after completing the clean reinstall of Windows 10?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer!

Iain

Winrland, Nov 4, 2020
  3. rumin Win User
    How to save and re-install personal files following clean reinstall of W10

I have to do a clean reinstall of W10 on my laptop. I have saved the contents of my hard drive onto a USB drive. I have also created an installation usb in preparation for a clean reinstall of W10. Once this is completed, how do I reinstall my personal
    files etc? Thanks.

rumin, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Jayanuba Win User

I had to clean reinstall W10 but I have a previous system with separate hard drives for W10...

W10 corrupts W7 hard drive

(For any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community.)

Is this not a W10 operating system problem?

Anyway, Turns out corruption is caused by a service in W10 switched on by default. This causes W10 to run a disk check. Other forums seem aware of this and have been suggesting for quite some time it's switched "off" by default.

Still don't understand why w10 uses chkdisk on a raid Array, or why W10 chkdsk corrupts the drive, but switching it off resolves the problem and prevents many hours of reloading W7.

Jayanuba, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

1. I had to clean reinstall W10 but I have a previous system with separate hard drives for W10... - Similar Threads - clean reinstall W10

2. Had to reinstall W10. reloaded fltsim2004 but it will not run, worked perfectlly before w10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to reinstall W10. reloaded fltsim2004 but it will not run, worked perfectlly before w10...: Had to reinstall w10, reloaded Fltsim2004 but it will not run, worked perfectly before w10 reinstall. Admin ok.HELPHELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/had-to-reinstall-w10-reloaded-fltsim2004-but-it/9a33fcf2-7f05-437a-8072-3639741d2c67
  3. Had to reinstall W10. reloaded fltsim2004 but it will not run, worked perfectlly before w10...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had to reinstall W10. reloaded fltsim2004 but it will not run, worked perfectlly before w10...: Had to reinstall w10, reloaded Fltsim2004 but it will not run, worked perfectly before w10 reinstall. Admin ok.HELPHELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/had-to-reinstall-w10-reloaded-fltsim2004-but-it/9a33fcf2-7f05-437a-8072-3639741d2c67
  4. File history exists on a separate drive but can't be seen after clean install of w10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history exists on a separate drive but can't be seen after clean install of w10.: Hello and Happy New Year, all! My girlfriend's PC was intermittently freezing after upgrading from w7 to w10 so I decided to do a clean install of w10. I first did both a FH backup and copied the c: drive contents, just in case, to a physically separate drive d:. I was...
  5. Do i have to reinstall apps if they are located separately from the system drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do i have to reinstall apps if they are located separately from the system drive: Let’s say i have a laptop with a SSD drive with only the windows system in it, so that starting up windows will be faster. And a HDD drive where i install all my other apps, like let’s say minecraft or photoshop. If somehow the Windows system in the SSD drive is beyond...
  6. I had to reinstall W10 Pro

I had to reinstall W10 Pro: I had to reinstall W10 Pro, my question we did a back-up before reinstall and now I am missing some of my programs and data. How can I retrieve these? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reinstall-w10-pro/61b78107-f58e-4f3d-a330-2a9795969c8d
  7. Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.

Clean install W10 on W7\W10 dual boot system.: Just curious, is it possible to carry out a clean install of 10 on my hard drive which has 7 and 10 as a dual boot? obviously on the 10 partition. Thank you. 110034
  8. w10 reinstall

w10 reinstall: this is my first time any any forum i hope im doing it right. i have a 4month old dell inspiron 15 5555. it is running w10 home. i have a sony wireless head phones and the souund quality is equal to sitting inside a tin can. no luck from dell nor sony how to fix. so i bought...
  9. Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine

Clean W10 install on an OEM W10 machine: My new Dell Inspiron laptop should arrive this coming Monday. I've been doing some research on doing a clean install. I read where MS won't activate a fresh install over an OEM key. So my Dell with OEM W10 will be activated as such and if I understand correctly if I download...
  10. W10 Reformats hard drive and reinstalls at least twice a day

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Reformats hard drive and reinstalls at least twice a day: I upgraded to W10 from W7 several months ago. In the succeeding week, W10 reconfigured my hard drive at least twice a day and, in the process, deleted all my files. Fortunately, I had a backup, but I replaced W10 with W8 and have had no problems since. I don't care to try W10...