Windows 10: I had to do a fresh clean reinstall of Windows 10 using the USB - Media Creations tool & I...

Discus and support I had to do a fresh clean reinstall of Windows 10 using the USB - Media Creations tool & I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So after resetting my pc without keeping any files and formatting the hard drive & reinstalling a fresh clean Windows 10 again due to the October... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul AntonWormald, Oct 14, 2019.

1. I had to do a fresh clean reinstall of Windows 10 using the USB - Media Creations tool & I...

So after resetting my pc without keeping any files and formatting the hard drive & reinstalling a fresh clean Windows 10 again due to the October update which kept randomly shutting down windows 10 each time ?
    I followed along with Cortona to finalise the setup of the newly installed windows 10 & used my Microsoft account email & password & created a PIN

I have now noticed that my laptop now has 2 User accounts ?
    1/ Default User (0)
    2/ My microsoft account (name) User
    The last time I reinstalled Windows 10 just a few weeks ago after updating my laptop which was also a fresh clean install I did not have a Default user account ? just my Microsoft account (name) as the only User !!!

Is this normal now since the latest October update for new installs ?

Also the Microsoft Edge screen Icon is a white page icon which wouldn't work so I sent it to the Recycle Bin and dragged Microsoft Edge onto the screen from the start menu which also turned into a white page icon and not the Microsoft Edge blue ico ???

:)

Paul AntonWormald, Oct 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Oct 14, 2019
  3. 1ekim Win User
    Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool)

Thank you for your reply. Regarding paragraph 1 (media creation tool). Downloaded media creation tool, ran it to get an ISO. Then I burn that ISO to a DVD. Then I went into BIOS to change the boot priority to use DVD. Microsoft started normally and thus use the recovery in Windows. Using the recovery in Windows, it did preparation and then try to do the restore. Please note, I have use Media creation tool in other computer to do reinstall and it booted from the DVD Ie acknowledge my BIOS setup. Please note, I requested the ISO English, 64 bit, and for any computer windows 10 version. Tx

Regarding paragraph 2, the refresh tool. Upon execution, it download Window 10 to do fresh install but it does not say where it is save. In the microsoft website, it says things will be done automatically. Hate automatic especially when it is not automatic. If I have proper details, then I would follow instructions. I am following automatic as stated in there site. Tx

1ekim, Oct 14, 2019
  4. 1ekim Win User

I had to do a fresh clean reinstall of Windows 10 using the USB - Media Creations tool & I...

Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool)

Hi,
    Install windows 10 and confirm activation as suggested in forums. Downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool to create fresh reinstall. Ran it to create 64 bit ISO. Now using the ISO to reinstall windows 10. At 30% restore, it failed. I tried various recovery. Even did chkdsk on drive c with /r and also with /f. Same problem again - failure at about 30% restore.

Reading in forums, I discover Refresh Windows Tool(exe). Downloaded and ran it (tool) to download Windows 10.
    What I dislike. No Pause or ability to use a download manager. When this download of about 3gb is done, where is it saved? How to use? Yea, automatic for I still have prior install files (programs, data folders,etc) which means nothing was done. Did restart hoping for a fresh reinstall - no changes. Thus I am posting in this forum with paragraph 1 (media tool) and Refresh tool (paragraph 2).

Went into BIOS startup and told it to use DVD (boot order priority), but instead window normal login was done and given. Thus, use window recovery within to execute the ISO.

1ekim, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

I had to do a fresh clean reinstall of Windows 10 using the USB - Media Creations tool & I...

1. I had to do a fresh clean reinstall of Windows 10 using the USB - Media Creations tool & I... - Similar Threads - fresh clean reinstall

2. Using USB After Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using USB After Media Creation Tool: So, i just finished using my USB to install Windows 10 onto a computer and I haven't done anything with it since. Now, I would like to use my USB for other things so I'm wondering if there is a proper way of removing the bootable files on it. Any help is greatly appreciated....
  3. Do I need to reinstall the media creation tool again ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Do I need to reinstall the media creation tool again ?: Do I need to reinstall the windows creation media tool on my usb again every time I want to factory reset a device or can I use my old usb which has the media creation tool on it, and which one would be better and what is the difference between them also, does it make any...
  4. REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 THRUE MEDIA CREATION TOOL

REINSTALLING WINDOWS 10 THRUE MEDIA CREATION TOOL: I'm reinstalling my Windows 10 thru Media Creation tool. I have 2 drives installed: SSD Drive C and HDD Drive D, E, F The old OS is in the SSD and I want to completely wipe it as I reinstall it in this SSD again. I think the option to do this is "Nothing". See photo below....
  5. Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool

Clean Win10 install using Media Creation Tool: I have a HP Slimline basic machine with I3, 2.9 gHz processor and one 4GB stick of RAM. It seems slow to start and shut down in Windows. Of course it has a bunch of HP junkware on it. Can I run a fresh install from Windows Creation Tool USB? Would this help? The machine is...
  6. can i download a clean iso instead of using the media creation tool?

can i download a clean iso instead of using the media creation tool?: if i follow the instructions the installer that the media creation tool makes it tries to install the version of windows that is installed on the workstation i am using instead of a plain windows 10 pro version i have a license for. can i download a clean iso instead of...
  7. Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool

Clean install with USB created by Media Creation Tool: I use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB. When Ive clean installed Ive always waited until the installation has completely finished and Im at the Windows desktop. Only then do I remove the Windows 10 USB flash drive. The USB flash drive stays inserted until...
  8. Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool)

Fresh ReInstall Windows 10 (Media Creation Tool & Refresh Window Tool): Hi, Install windows 10 and confirm activation as suggested in forums. Downloaded Windows Media Creation Tool to create fresh reinstall. Ran it to create 64 bit ISO. Now using the ISO to reinstall windows 10. At 30% restore, it failed. I tried various recovery. Even did...
  9. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...
  10. How do I reformat the 64GB USB stick used by media creation tool ?

How do I reformat the 64GB USB stick used by media creation tool ?: My usb sticks were either 8GB of less, and 64GB, so when using the media creation tool to upgrade Windows 10.240 to the November update which failed, I had used my 64GB disk. [img] However, I cannot use it for anything else. Worse, it is now 32GB. If I 'open as...