Windows 10: I had to get a new hard drive

Discus and support I had to get a new hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The guy who sold me my new 128G SSD put a version of Windows 10 on my computer that's all messed up. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 to clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarlaHughes, Jul 23, 2021.

1. I had to get a new hard drive

The guy who sold me my new 128G SSD put a version of Windows 10 on my computer that's all messed up. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 to clean it up? I was using Windows 10 Pro on the old hard drive.

:)

MarlaHughes, Jul 23, 2021

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 23, 2021
  3. little cat, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Mathragh Win User

I had to get a new hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

I had to get a new hard drive

1. I had to get a new hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. external hard drive connected by usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  3. Upgrading Windows 10 from hard drive to a solid state drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 from hard drive to a solid state drive.: I recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10 operating system, but in that laptop Windows is installed in hard drive and because of that the overall performance of the system is very poor. So I decided to upgrade windows from hard drive to a solid state drive SSD.So what...
  4. Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Hard Drive is Failing...Need help to replace.: I have a HP Pavilion Elite e9107c, Win10 Home 64bit upgraded from Win 7, the computer is stock except for the graphic card original card fail and a PCIe USB 3.0 card, both installed about 3yrs+ ago. The HDD currently in the computer is a Seagate Barracuda 750GB...
  5. External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer: I have a 2TB Seagate External HDD , which is not showing the Name of the drive properly in Windows Explorer. The Drive is Originally Named as "SEAGATE" , Disk Partition manager , Disk Defragmentor , shows the Drive name as "SEAGATE" but due to some Reason the Windows Explorer...
  6. Windows is detecting a volume of an external hard drive as unallocated space.

Windows is detecting a volume of an external hard drive as unallocated space.: Pictured above is the unallocated space in disk management. The 2016 GB of unallocated data can be turned into a volume, the 5404.04 GB cannot. There was a large sum of data in the 5404, which I am trying to recover. Is there any way I might be able to recover the volume or...
  7. Recovering user files from old hard drive from dead PC

Recovering user files from old hard drive from dead PC: I had an all-in-one PC that died about a year ago and have just managed to get my hands on a hard drive caddy to try and recover the files that I had on the old PC's HDD. However, when I go into the disk I cannot access the files - when I try to go into my old user profile on...
  8. Can't delete a EFI file on my hard drive

Can't delete a EFI file on my hard drive: I had installed Ubuntu on a separate hard drive and it didn't install as expected. This hard drive is separate from my SSD on which Windows is booted. During the Ubuntu installation, an EFI partition was created and I tried deleting it using cmd diskpart-delete command. But,...
  9. Can't copy to external hard drive more than 30 GB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't copy to external hard drive more than 30 GB: I bought a new 2.5" SATA external case of 8TB. But when trying to copy files from my computer, it only copies 30 GB and then it shows error 0x80070570.I use windows 10 on my PC.I checked with Window's check disk and there is no problem. I tried to format the external hard...
  10. Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions then the original drive I want to...

Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions then the original drive I want to...: Windows 10 pro cloned hard drive has more partitions than the original drive I want to merge the other partitions but I had previously done this and could not update win10.The merge operation worked with no issues before but I do not want to merge the system reserved...