Windows 10: I had to get a new hard drive

Discus and support I had to get a new hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The guy who sold me my new 128G SSD put a version of Windows 10 on my computer that's all messed up. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 to clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarlaHughes, Jul 23, 2021.

1. I had to get a new hard drive

The guy who sold me my new 128G SSD put a version of Windows 10 on my computer that's all messed up. Do I need to buy a new copy of Windows 10 to clean it up? I was using Windows 10 Pro on the old hard drive.

:)

MarlaHughes, Jul 23, 2021

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 23, 2021
  3. little cat, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Mathragh Win User

I had to get a new hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

I had to get a new hard drive

1. I had to get a new hard drive - Similar Threads - hard drive

2. i need help to free up space on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need help to free up space on my hard drive: i need help to free up space on my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-free-up-space-on-my-hard-drive/ad9c8e22-fdca-4319-aa55-46625f8e4397
  3. i need help to free up space on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i need help to free up space on my hard drive: i need help to free up space on my hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-free-up-space-on-my-hard-drive/ad9c8e22-fdca-4319-aa55-46625f8e4397
  4. New hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New hard drive: Hi I am buying a new hard drive for my alienware, because dell gave me a crappy hard drive for windows that only holds 128g well it is full everytime I load a game from my D drive it gives me bad packet loss and says I am running low on space. How can I take out my C drive...
  5. New hard drive

New hard drive: Hi I am buying a new hard drive for my alienware, because dell gave me a crappy hard drive for windows that only holds 128g well it is full everytime I load a game from my D drive it gives me bad packet loss and says I am running low on space. How can I take out my C drive...
  6. I have simple question How Much Cache Do I Need on My Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have simple question How Much Cache Do I Need on My Hard Drive?: How many caches do I need on my hard drive?Usage ScenarioDescriptionRecommended CacheEveryday TasksRoutine activities like web browsing, document editing, and light office work.16MB to 64MBMultitasking and Moderate WorkloadsEngaging in multitasking or handling moderately...
  7. I have simple question How Much Cache Do I Need on My Hard Drive?

I have simple question How Much Cache Do I Need on My Hard Drive?: How many caches do I need on my hard drive?Usage ScenarioDescriptionRecommended CacheEveryday TasksRoutine activities like web browsing, document editing, and light office work.16MB to 64MBMultitasking and Moderate WorkloadsEngaging in multitasking or handling moderately...
  8. External Hard Drive suddenly not working and all files seemingly disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive suddenly not working and all files seemingly disappeared.: When in a rush I simply unplugged my external drive which contains all of my games without ejecting, as the normal prompt that comes up after clicking on "Safely remove hardware and eject media" was not appearing. Since then when I plug my drive in and attempt to open Steam,...
  9. External Hard Drive suddenly not working and all files seemingly disappeared.

External Hard Drive suddenly not working and all files seemingly disappeared.: When in a rush I simply unplugged my external drive which contains all of my games without ejecting, as the normal prompt that comes up after clicking on "Safely remove hardware and eject media" was not appearing. Since then when I plug my drive in and attempt to open Steam,...
  10. Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to retrieve data from a BitLocker-encrypted hard drive in a laptop with a...: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop with a blown-out motherboard, and I am unable to access the hard drive by using an SSD enclosure and connecting it to my desktop, as BitLocker is activated. I have two Microsoft IDs that are linked to the laptop as devices, and they are the only...