Windows 10: i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

Discus and support i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i had to reset my computer and it reinstall windows 8. How do i get back to Windows 10 Build 1607? i was one of the firstpeople to download and use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardNolte, Feb 22, 2019.

1. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

i had to reset my computer and it reinstall windows 8. How do i get back to Windows 10 Build 1607? i was one of the firstpeople to download and use Windows 10, becauise of its size and running effeciency comparisions to Windows XP. i believe i had the update(beta maybe nefore the annoucement to the general public that everyone had to upgrade. So i know i upgraded before the deadline and also this version of Windeows keeps telling me that my digital key doesn't match and please enter the right one to activate Windows

:)

RichardNolte, Feb 22, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 22, 2019
  4. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

1. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8. - Similar Threads - reset computer reinstalled

2. How do i reset my computer and reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i reset my computer and reinstall windows?: I tried to change the text size did not like the text, so I changed it back to the regular size. In doing so, the icon folders on my desktop moved on top of on another. I removed "auto arrange icons", however when I hover over a folder/icon on my desktop it shows and outline...
  3. How do i reset my computer and reinstall windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i reset my computer and reinstall windows?: I tried to change the text size did not like the text, so I changed it back to the regular size. In doing so, the icon folders on my desktop moved on top of on another. I removed "auto arrange icons", however when I hover over a folder/icon on my desktop it shows and outline...
  4. I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.: My power went out while factory resetting my computer and I can’t do anything on it now. My wallpaper is all black, my taskbar is all white with no applications on it and I am unable to open my search. When I boot it up, I see the Welcome screen for 10+ minutes and I have...
  5. I had minecraft on my computer. I had to factory reset my computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I had minecraft on my computer. I had to factory reset my computer.: Now minecraft isn't showing up in my library or under my purchases please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-minecraft-on-my-computer-i-had-to-factory/82edb4e1-694e-4a9e-a0f2-cd3450c09434
  6. I had to reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had to reinstall windows: How do I reinstall the built in HP apps? I'm really scared that I won't be able to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-to-reinstall-windows/0b9cde2f-a34a-40a1-8599-0d58c99f8bd3
  7. I had a problem resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I had a problem resetting my computer.: I tried to fully reset my PC, it took about 16 hours to reach 99% and after 5 hours at 99% I tried to power it off and on again. It was trying to install windows on a blue screen and after 30 minutes at 5% I powered it off again and now my PC restarts, shows an error saying...
  8. I had to restore my computer to factory settings, and upon reinstalling windows, the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I had to restore my computer to factory settings, and upon reinstalling windows, the...: Please see the screenshot. I don't understand why the language settings have gone. I can edit still from settings menu but the edits are limited and I am not able to get to the advanced settings. Pleas[ATTACH]e, could anyone let me know why the settings have been lost from...
  9. I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10: I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/0d1d2eae-c526-4763-83c3-24f7a490d9a7
  10. Had to reset my computer and lost Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had to reset my computer and lost Windows 10: My computer (which had Windows 10) crashed and I had to completely reinstall Windows starting with Windows 8. I have just finished putting Windows 8.1 on my pc but now can't figure out how to get 10 back. Advice??? 43903