Windows 10: I had to reset my computer and it wont let me log in.

Discus and support I had to reset my computer and it wont let me log in. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had to wipe my computer due to someone accidentally downloading things they shouldn't have. When i tried to log back in my user profile was gone and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChristinaBegg, Aug 22, 2019.

1. I had to reset my computer and it wont let me log in.

I had to wipe my computer due to someone accidentally downloading things they shouldn't have. When i tried to log back in my user profile was gone and replaced with other user. Underneath it was a box for a email address and the password box. I typed my account's email and password in and it kept telling me it was wrong, even though they are right. It won't even let me switch or add users. I tried to add my account using safe mode, but it wouldn't let me do that either. As you can guess, I'm very upset and I don't know what to do. Please help me.

:)

ChristinaBegg, Aug 22, 2019
  2. bbruner Win User

No access to Disk and wont allow me to Reset the Computer.

This is the problem I have: It won't let us access the local disk and says we don't have permission. I am the only user. It won't let us save anything on that disk either. I have gotten all of the documents, videos, and pictures backed up so that's not an issue. We are really just trying to reset the computer with a fresh start but it wont let us.

Okay so this is everything i've tried:

Resetting the computer- This wouldn't let me because it said it had an error. I did this by holding shift while restarting and then troubleshooting from there. I've tried the option of saving files and also whiping the whole computer, both ways won't work.

Booting in safe mode- it works but nothing has come out of doing anything in that mode.

What do I do? I've read multiple forums and nothing they suggest is possible. Suggestions?

bbruner, Aug 22, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 22, 2019
  4. I had to reset my computer and it wont let me log in.

logging on to Windows Computer

Hello Geneva,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the User account has been connected to a Microsoft Account.

In such circumstances if the Microsoft Account password does not work, we suggest you to go to

Reset Your Microsoft Account Password web page
    , and follow the steps to reset your account’s password.

However, it wont apply, if the Microsoft Account you entered is wrong. At this point, I suggest you to double check if the user credentials you are using to reset the password is correct (dot to dot).

Kindly keep us posted.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

I had to reset my computer and it wont let me log in.

1. I had to reset my computer and it wont let me log in. - Similar Threads - reset computer wont

2. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  3. Reset wont let me reset on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset wont let me reset on my computer.: I have a problem when I try to reset my computer I get a message saying '' This Pc Couldn't Reset No Changes Where Made'' I tried the '' sfc /scannow'' it says no harmful files were found. but it stresses me out! and when I try to reset my HP ProBook X360 11 G2 EE From Bios...
  4. I am trying to reset my computer and it wont let me

I am trying to reset my computer and it wont let me: The problem when I try resetting my computer it says something like a There was a problem when restarting no changes were made each time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reset-my-computer-and-it-wont-let/3975ff4d-3f42-427b-be72-0e1596fa7239
  5. I am trying to reset my computer and it wont let me

in Windows 10 Customization
    I am trying to reset my computer and it wont let me: The problem when I try resetting my computer it says something like a There was a problem when restarting no changes were made each time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-trying-to-reset-my-computer-and-it-wont-let/3975ff4d-3f42-427b-be72-0e1596fa7239
  6. My computer wont let me log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer wont let me log in: HiI'm at my wits end. Been trying to fix my computer all day but nothing works.I got the blue screen saying a problem with memory and the computer will have to restart.It restarted and gets to the screen with the date and time but as soon as I click the mouse to log in, the...
  7. My computer wont let me log in

My computer wont let me log in: HiI'm at my wits end. Been trying to fix my computer all day but nothing works.I got the blue screen saying a problem with memory and the computer will have to restart.It restarted and gets to the screen with the date and time but as soon as I click the mouse to log in, the...
  8. My computer wont let me log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. It wont let me log in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It wont let me log in: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GamingNightFTW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxrsbk/it_wont_let_me_log_in/
  10. Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset pc, wont let me log in as administrator.: Hello, My computer had a lot of junk on it and it was clogging up hard drive space. This made me decide to reset it as if it was new again.this has all gone fine until the last part. Its all done and when its about to go into the home screen to log me in for the first...