Windows 10: I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files?

Discus and support I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; There's an option to reset your computer whilst keeping personal files. My computer recently had major problems starting up windows. So, l thought I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rivers7014, Apr 1, 2019.

1. I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files?

There's an option to reset your computer whilst keeping personal files. My computer recently had major problems starting up windows. So, l thought I should reset my pc to fix this problem. Unfortunately, my computer wouldn't reset. I left my computer running for hours and nothing happened. (just a black screen) so I switched my computer off. Will this have destroyed my personal files? I'm really struggling to retrieve them at the moment. I'm just really hoping it's not all in vain... any suggestions?

:)

Rivers7014, Apr 1, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 1, 2019
  3. MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files?

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files?

1. I had to turn off my computer during reset. What happens to my personal files? - Similar Threads - turn off computer

2. I deleted files off onedrive and it deleted files off of my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted files off onedrive and it deleted files off of my personal computer: The title says most of it, I deleted files off of my one drive and it deleted stuff off of my laptop's documents and desktop folders. I went to recycle bin in one drive, and restored most files there, but when I went to restore files from recycle bin on my computer, they...
  3. I deleted files off onedrive and it deleted files off of my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted files off onedrive and it deleted files off of my personal computer: The title says most of it, I deleted files off of my one drive and it deleted stuff off of my laptop's documents and desktop folders. I went to recycle bin in one drive, and restored most files there, but when I went to restore files from recycle bin on my computer, they...
  4. I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset: I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset now its just constantly showing the logo and restarting again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-turned-off-my-laptop-during-a-reset/7de96bbd-b300-48c8-819c-3073958e6390
  5. I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset

I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset: I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset now its just constantly showing the logo and restarting again and again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidently-turned-off-my-laptop-during-a-reset/7de96bbd-b300-48c8-819c-3073958e6390
  6. I accidently turned off my laptop during a reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I had to reload my computer and turned it off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had to reload my computer and turned it off: So I download something that needed to restart the laptop and I forgot to close stuff in my laptop, idk if that was the problem but overnight it got stuck at 90%. I was looking at someone's else post and it said to shut off the laptop and then safe mode it and run said cmds....
  8. I had to reload my computer and turned it off

I had to reload my computer and turned it off: So I download something that needed to restart the laptop and I forgot to close stuff in my laptop, idk if that was the problem but overnight it got stuck at 90%. I was looking at someone's else post and it said to shut off the laptop and then safe mode it and run said cmds....
  9. I had minecraft on my computer. I had to factory reset my computer.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I had minecraft on my computer. I had to factory reset my computer.: Now minecraft isn't showing up in my library or under my purchases please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-minecraft-on-my-computer-i-had-to-factory/82edb4e1-694e-4a9e-a0f2-cd3450c09434
  10. What's happening to my PC during factory reset?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's happening to my PC during factory reset?: Hey y'all, I have a regular Dell laptop using Windows 10 connected to a computer monitor. I initiated a factory reset, but I did it through Windows itself and not the bios. I clicked on Start, went to System Recovery, and launched the reset tool. I picked Fully Clean The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i turned off my computer during reset