Windows 10: i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were...

Discus and support i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were working. Then i long pressed shift key and now my keyboard is also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Parminder Singh Uttam, Dec 13, 2018.

1. i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were...

i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were working. Then i long pressed shift key and now my keyboard is also not working. please help.

:)

Parminder Singh Uttam, Dec 13, 2018

2. Black Screen During Driver Update i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were... :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Dec 13, 2018
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 13, 2018
  4. Virus-j Win User

i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were...

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Dec 13, 2018
Thema:

i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were...

1. i had updated my laptop but my screen turned black, only my mouse and keyboard were... - Similar Threads - updated laptop screen

2. My screen froze and my keyboard and mouse turned off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen froze and my keyboard and mouse turned off: I was just playing a game when the screen just froze, my keyboard and mouse turned off bht my pc is still working what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-froze-and-my-keyboard-and-mouse-turned/eec1d36c-1707-447f-ad2b-5fca581b6c05
  3. My screen froze and my keyboard and mouse turned off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen froze and my keyboard and mouse turned off: I was just playing a game when the screen just froze, my keyboard and mouse turned off bht my pc is still working what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-froze-and-my-keyboard-and-mouse-turned/eec1d36c-1707-447f-ad2b-5fca581b6c05
  4. My screen froze and my keyboard and mouse turned off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen when i turn on my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen when i turn on my laptop: I turned off my computer during a windows update so the day after when i turned on my laptop it was rebooting every 30s saying they are deleting update changes so I kept turning it on and off again and again until the screen became black everytime I turn it on, help please...
  6. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after turning on my laptop: I saw it there that some people have the same issue with their laptop screen so basically since I am not English, I will copy one of their questions and update it with my info. So this is the problem:,, Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these...
  7. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after turning on my laptop: I saw it there that some people have the same issue with their laptop screen so basically since I am not English, I will copy one of their questions and update it with my info. So this is the problem:,, Upon turning on my Asus laptop, the screen turns black and then these...
  8. Black screen after turning on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. My laptop screen turn black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen turn black: I work on my laptop, go elsewhere, let it sit for a while and then the screen turns black, I touch my touchpad and press characters on the keyboard hoping the screen will turn on but it didn't. I know my laptop is still on because the start button is still flashing. I the...
  10. my laptop's screen is only Black and white ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my laptop's screen is only Black and white ?: i am using a 1 year old HP laptop, suddenly my screen bacame Black and white only ; how can can i bring back the Colors ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptops-screen-is-only-black-and-white/6a942578-bebd-47bd-abfa-e81bfd322429