Windows 10: i had upgraded when windows 10 came out from windows 7

Discus and support i had upgraded when windows 10 came out from windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; i had upgraded to windows 10 when windows 10 was offered upgrade for free ...now my hard drive is bad and im going to replace the harddrive will i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DarrellR3, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:48 PM.

1. DarrellR3 Win User

i had upgraded when windows 10 came out from windows 7

i had upgraded to windows 10 when windows 10 was offered upgrade for free ...now my hard drive is bad and im going to replace the harddrive will i still be able to upgrade to windows 10 for free once i get the new harddrive in and going

:)

2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:53 PM
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Thema:

1. i had upgraded when windows 10 came out from windows 7 - Similar Threads - upgraded came

2. Windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows upgrade: When I tried to change my product key, the message is coming that I have not a digital license. What to do, don't tell me to buy something. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade/05685e1e-87f4-410e-9c78-7916d09820ae
  3. No sound on New Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on New Windows 10 upgrade: I just installed Windows 10, saving no files or programs, and I have no sound. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-new-windows-10-upgrade/693fc66b-74fc-4cd8-81e0-d633945b688e
  4. Windows 10 Home upgraded to Enterprise overnight

Windows 10 Home upgraded to Enterprise overnight: I was using a Win 10 Home activated through my Microsoft account happily for a few months on this new PC, but today I got the "Activate Windows" in the lower right corner of my screen, when going into the settings it now says Windows 10 Enterprise, Not activated. After a...
  5. Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer with Windows 10 Home v1909 is very slow after multiple failed attempts to upgrade...: I have a Dell Optiplex 9010 with i7-3770 @ 3.40 GHz and 8 GB of RAM. I also have a hybrid hard disk and I am dual booting Linux and Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. I haven't done any changes on Linux side since about a year ago because I use it rarely. I keep the Windows OS updated...
  6. Lots of problem came after i upgraded from windows 8,1 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lots of problem came after i upgraded from windows 8,1 to windows 10: After i was done upgrading, my laptop suddenly has massive problem, they are: -i can't right click -when i double click the mouse, it opens the properties instead of the apps / folders -i cant type anything on my keyboard -even when i click enter, it still opens...
  7. purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    purchased windows 10 when it first came out. Can I use this copy to upgrade from windows 7 ?: install windows 10 previously purchased. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/purchased-windows-10-when-it-first-came-out-can-i/f7c4057d-4478-4593-9df2-71ce6decdee7
  8. Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up.

Upgraded to windows 10 from 7 when 10 first came out and now it's saying my subscription is up.: What can I do about this? I paid for windows 7 pro years ago but lost the product key and when I downloaded the update for my personal pc I jumped at the chance to go to 10. Now, years after the advertised free upgrade I'm being asked to re-up a subscription? I wasn't aware...
  9. 2016 Laptop came with Win 10 Pro Disc and Win 7 Pro Loaded, can I upgrade using same...

2016 Laptop came with Win 10 Pro Disc and Win 7 Pro Loaded, can I upgrade using same...: Bought an HP Probook 450 G3 from Microcenter in 12/15. It came with Win 7 Pro preloaded, but also had 2 discs labeled "Operating System DVD Windows 10 Pro" and "Application and Driver Recovery DVD...This disc contains software for Microsoft Windows 10". The instructions for...
  10. Safe sites to download better icons than what came with Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Safe sites to download better icons than what came with Win 10 upgrade: Hi All ! I'm a transplant from your "Eight Forum" & I'm almost used to the upgrade to Win 10. What I can't tolerate are the Desktop icons I'm able to find when using the 'Customize' tab. I learned how to use a PC when it was built to be fun, back in the good old days of...