Windows 10: I hate it when nothing prevents me from turning off my computer

Discus and support I hate it when nothing prevents me from turning off my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SquareCereal724 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SquareCereal724, Apr 25, 2021.

1. I hate it when nothing prevents me from turning off my computer

/u/SquareCereal724, Apr 25, 2021

2. WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Computer turns itself on

Hi Dustin,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the fast startup:

• Right-click the Start menu, then select Control Panel.
    • Change the view from Category to Large icons.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck the Turn on fast startup box.
    • Click Save changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Apr 25, 2021
  4. OldMike65 Win User

I hate it when nothing prevents me from turning off my computer

I don't have any bluetooth devices but windows turned it on!!

Then if they are still on, try some of these steps listed below, Not all of these steps may not apply, but, step #2 and #4 should help. I have all 4 steps on myself.

1 Go to Device manager and DISABLE Bluetooth, Do Not remove!
    2 Turn USB suspend off
    3 Set Hard Drive or SSD to Never
    4 Turn Link State Power Management off
    Settings 2 thur 4 can be found in your Power Management Settings.
    Then click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable"
    Then Reboot your Computer. This does work, may come back if you shut OFF your computer,then turn it back on, if it does, just a reboot will turn it off again.

OldMike65, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

I hate it when nothing prevents me from turning off my computer

1. I hate it when nothing prevents me from turning off my computer - Similar Threads - hate nothing prevents

2. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  3. MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MoUsoCoreWorker.exe Preventing Monitors from turning off: I have a desktop pc that is also my home media server, so it needs to be on most of the time. One of them is an OLED so I get it them to sleep after 5 minutes of inactivity. I use powercfg -requests to see what is preventing them from turning off and for the last couple of...
  4. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?: Hi! I went for a couple of months without using my HP Pavilion, and now the WiFi won’t reconnect at all. The second I click the button to turn it on it immediately turns off. I have checked the router, I have checked if airplane mode is on, and I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  5. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?: Hi! I went for a couple of months without using my HP Pavilion, and now the WiFi won’t reconnect at all. The second I click the button to turn it on it immediately turns off. I have checked the router, I have checked if airplane mode is on, and I’ve tried uninstalling and...
  6. Why is my computer preventing me from turning my WiFi on?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent screen from turning off when screen recording: Hi! Is it possible to prevent my screen from turning off when I'm recording it through the Xbox Game Bar (Win + G)? If my screen turns off during recording, the recording is stopped and not saved, which can be really annoying. On the other hand, when I am not recording my...
  8. Keyboard prevents display from turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard prevents display from turning off: I use Microsoft comfort keyboard 5050. When I am trying to turn off my display,a few seconds later it turns on again. It is an ongoing issue problem. So I had to unplug the usb...
  9. WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turns off when I wake my computer from sleep: Hi! So a few months ago I got a new Windows 10 computer, but this issue started a while after. When I wake my computer from sleep, the WiFi for the entire house shuts off for up to 30 minutes. I’m using an ethernet cable. I’m not 100% sure, but I believe this problem...
  10. I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I turned my computer off at night and when I turned it on the next morning I had nothing.: Now the mail looks different and the color of solataire cards are blue and white not black and red. I cannot play Mahjong as it is installed under guest and will not sync to play goes back to page to play....