Windows 10: I hate printers

Discus and support I hate printers in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is off topic on a Win 10 board since I am running Win 8.1 on my laptop. Win 10 is on my desktop, which is not with me at the present time. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by morty72, Jul 29, 2020.

1. morty72 Win User

I hate printers

This is off topic on a Win 10 board since I am running Win 8.1 on my laptop. Win 10 is on my desktop, which is not with me at the present time. I'm getting crazy.

I use WordPerfect x4. It's an older version of the program, but not that old.

I can't get my Brother printer (MFC L2700DW) to print from WP. It prints from everything else including Office 365 and Word. I have removed the drivers and the software suite, uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled it all from the original Brother CD and again from a downloaded copy from Brother, updated the drivers but still when I access the print menu, all the functions are there EXCEPT the "PRINT" button is greyed out, no matter if I select a different output device or print to file. I'm using an ethernet wired connection. I couldn't get it to connect to the wireless network. I've uninstalled the printer from WP, reinstalled it as both the default and not the default printer.

All I can do now is import documents to Word, clean up the formatting and print form there. Awkward but there are things WP does that you can't do in Word. ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS.

:)

morty72, Jul 29, 2020
  2. damric Win User

I need a new printer.

Do the above suggested printers jam up easy? If there is 2 pieces of office equipment I loathe, 1st is copy machines, and 2nd is printers.

damric, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Printer

Hi Rodrigo,

I am sorry to know that you are having issues with Printer.

What and all steps have you tried so far?

Restart the computer and check.

Also, check for Windows updates.

I suggest you to run the Printer Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• In Search window type Troubleshooting and click on it to open it.

• Click on Hardware and Sound.

• Then click on Printer to run the troubleshooter. Follow onscreen steps.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 29, 2020
  4. I hate printers

Printer

Hi Brenda,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I suggest you to use these steps and check:

• Press Windows/Start key.
    • Type Devices and Printers and then tap or click Devices and Printers.
    • Press and hold or right-click the printer you want to use, and then tap or click
      Set as default printer.
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

I hate printers

1. I hate printers - Similar Threads - hate printers

2. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  3. I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to...: I hate this dialog box, every time I use the key it will happen like that from time to time, extremely annoying, I use win 11 23h2 activated, how do I disable the dialog box?...
  4. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

in Windows 10 Gaming
    startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga: Can not find script file C:\windows\system32\StartupCheck.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startupcheckvbs-kase-hate-ga/5c835ca9-bf8b-4e91-b42e-e9afd8569285
  5. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga: Can not find script file C:\windows\system32\StartupCheck.vbs". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startupcheckvbs-kase-hate-ga/5c835ca9-bf8b-4e91-b42e-e9afd8569285
  6. startupcheck.vbs kase hate ga

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I Hate Microsoft Edge.I removed it from windows 10.Will there be any problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Hate Microsoft Edge.I removed it from windows 10.Will there be any problem?: I Hate Microsoft Edge.I removed it from windows 10.Will there be any problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hate-microsoft-edgei-removed-it-from-windows/6e9e8a8a-20ff-4578-8bf1-65c5f677b484
  8. I Hate Microsoft Edge.I removed it from windows 10.Will there be any problem?

I Hate Microsoft Edge.I removed it from windows 10.Will there be any problem?: I Hate Microsoft Edge.I removed it from windows 10.Will there be any problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-hate-microsoft-edgei-removed-it-from-windows/6e9e8a8a-20ff-4578-8bf1-65c5f677b484
  9. I Hate Microsoft Edge.I removed it from windows 10.Will there be any problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Why does windows10 hate my HP printer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does windows10 hate my HP printer?: First windows10 dropped my HP printer connection and always at the most frustrating moments. HP finally gave us troubleshooter to fix this when it happens, a complete waste of time to have to go thru this process, but at least it fixes the problem. Now Windows10 has...