Windows 10: I hate the auto expanding sidebar in 1909

Discus and support I hate the auto expanding sidebar in 1909 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In 1909 when I hover the mouse over the side-bar in the Start Menu, it expands to full size instead of just showing a tooltip like in 1903. I Hate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fillup, Nov 15, 2019.

1. fillup Win User

I hate the auto expanding sidebar in 1909

In 1909 when I hover the mouse over the side-bar in the Start Menu, it expands to full size instead of just showing a tooltip like in 1903. I Hate this. Is there a setting somewhere to change it back to the way it was in 1903?

:)

fillup, Nov 15, 2019

2. cant get rid of windows sidebar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

The sidebar is the inbuilt feature of Windows 10 and it cannot be removed, however please use the feedback app to provide us your valuable suggestion.

Steps to go to feedback app:

• Go to search tab
    • Type Windows feedback
    • Click the App
    Do let us know if you have any other queries pertaining to Windows in the future. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Nov 15, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 15, 2019
  4. I hate the auto expanding sidebar in 1909

Vista sidebar gadgets for overclockers?

Yeah I know where it's supposed to be but for some reason it's not there now...

Someone mentioned Everest having a sidebar feature, and I found it in the options... looks like it has a good amount of readings you can select for it to display, but even when I check "show sidebar" or whatever the box is, it doesn't show up or list it in my gadgets list...

steiner666, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

I hate the auto expanding sidebar in 1909

1. I hate the auto expanding sidebar in 1909 - Similar Threads - hate auto expanding

2. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  3. Auto-expanding in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto-expanding in File Explorer: Windows 11 Pro x64 v10.0.22621.755.My File Explorer for some odd reason has started opening every folder as soon as I click on one of my drives. Used to be that when I did that clicked on the drive name, not the + sign next to it, it would show the folder list in the...
  4. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?: I've seen this question asked many many times, USUALLY in relation to dragging/dropping files in Explorer.I'm on Windows 10 Home, and my "libraries" Quick Access, Dropbox, Onedrive, This PC, Network auto-expand EVERY time I open Explorer. It's cumbersome and annoying to have...
  5. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?: I've seen this question asked many many times, USUALLY in relation to dragging/dropping files in Explorer.I'm on Windows 10 Home, and my "libraries" Quick Access, Dropbox, Onedrive, This PC, Network auto-expand EVERY time I open Explorer. It's cumbersome and annoying to have...
  6. How to stop auto expanding in Libraries?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can I hide the Calendar sidebar in 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I hide the Calendar sidebar in 1909?: I just updated from 1803 to 1909 and now see an enormous sidebar that I have no use for. Is there a way to remove/hide it? submitted by /u/CatFlier [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eah7ue/can_i_hide_the_calendar_sidebar_in_1909/
  8. How to disable Start Menu auto expand on mouse over in 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Start Menu auto expand on mouse over in 1909?: [ATTACH] Hi I'm not a fan of the new start menu behaviour after 1909 update, so i want to disable it. I found a way to do this, but it requires 3rd party program, so... you know... xdd Any ways to manually change that? Some gif i found on the internet submitted by...
  9. How do I disable the start menu "auto expand" feature in 1909?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the start menu "auto expand" feature in 1909?: The has to be a way to disable this new "feature". It drives me nuts! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-start-menu-auto-expand/d520fff3-b370-4763-a8e1-ff522038db02
  10. start menu auto expand.

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu auto expand.: Does any one know how to enable the new start menu auto-expand side icons? link to feature article: https://www.windowslatest.com/2018/1...ane-behaviour/ thanx in advance! 131510