Windows 10: I hate the forced OneDrive! How do I remove it?

Discus and support I hate the forced OneDrive! How do I remove it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was helping family set up a new laptop and they accidentally missed selecting the option "Save Files to this PC" during the initial setup because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by fpbear, Dec 30, 2021.

1. fpbear Win User

I hate the forced OneDrive! How do I remove it?

I was helping family set up a new laptop and they accidentally missed selecting the option "Save Files to this PC" during the initial setup because Microsoft hides it and makes it hard to notice next to the Continue button. Now I can't get rid of OneDrive! I hate it that Microsoft tricks people into sending their files to the cloud. I uninstalled OneDrive, but then after a few hours it somehow re-installed itself. Then I uninstalled again. But the Photos, My Documents, etc. folder attributes still point to the OneDrive location instead of the local filesystem location. How can I fix thes

:)

fpbear, Dec 30, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 30, 2021
  3. c12f15dc-7bff-4426-b6c1-6cd384eeb051, Dec 30, 2021
  4. I hate the forced OneDrive! How do I remove it?

Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 30, 2021
Thema:

I hate the forced OneDrive! How do I remove it?

1. I hate the forced OneDrive! How do I remove it? - Similar Threads - hate forced OneDrive

2. How do I remove onedrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove onedrive?: Hi, I was wondering how I could get rid of onedrive completely? I want my documents folder to be stored on my laptop and not onedrive. I want to stop paying for my subscription but I don’t want to lose all my files I have saved. I have over 40gb of files that I need. I have...
  3. How do I remove onedrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove onedrive?: Hi, I was wondering how I could get rid of onedrive completely? I want my documents folder to be stored on my laptop and not onedrive. I want to stop paying for my subscription but I don’t want to lose all my files I have saved. I have over 40gb of files that I need. I have...
  4. HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!: I WANT EDGE OFF MY COMPUTER--THERE IS NO LIVE PERSON AND THIS PROGRAM IS LOUSY. I DO NOT WANT IT NEAR ME!!! THAT IS HOW BAD IT IS TO ME. I AM SO DISGUSTED AND WILL NEVER BUY A COMPUTER LIKE THIS AGAIN--I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING MICROSOFT AGAIN IF I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE EDGE...
  5. HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!

HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!: I WANT EDGE OFF MY COMPUTER--THERE IS NO LIVE PERSON AND THIS PROGRAM IS LOUSY. I DO NOT WANT IT NEAR ME!!! THAT IS HOW BAD IT IS TO ME. I AM SO DISGUSTED AND WILL NEVER BUY A COMPUTER LIKE THIS AGAIN--I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING MICROSOFT AGAIN IF I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE EDGE...
  6. HOW DO I REMOVE **** ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW DO I REMOVE **** ONEDRIVE: I DON'T WANT THIS **** ON MY GODDAMN PC THAT I PAID MONEY FOR, I DON'T WANT THE **** SIGN IN POPUP EVERY TIME I OPEN A STEAM GAME, LET ME GET RID OF THIS **** PERMANANTLY OR I JAILBREAK MY PC...
  7. HOW DO I REMOVE **** ONEDRIVE

HOW DO I REMOVE **** ONEDRIVE: I DON'T WANT THIS **** ON MY GODDAMN PC THAT I PAID MONEY FOR, I DON'T WANT THE **** SIGN IN POPUP EVERY TIME I OPEN A STEAM GAME, LET ME GET RID OF THIS **** PERMANANTLY OR I JAILBREAK MY PC...
  8. I hate the forced OneDrive! How do I remove it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate the forced OneDrive! How do I remove it?: I was helping family set up a new laptop and they accidentally missed selecting the option "Save Files to this PC" during the initial setup because Microsoft hides it and makes it hard to notice next to the Continue button. Now I can't get rid of OneDrive! I hate it that...
  9. Why was "How do I properly express that I hate OneDrive?" locked?

Why was "How do I properly express that I hate OneDrive?" locked?: Why has this topic been locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/how-do-i-properly-express-that-i-hate-onedrive/13bbc916-59f6-4059-9ed1-ac0a076101e7?messageId=072e7d5a-bced-416b-a5ef-f557f87fa04d&page=1...
  10. How do I properly express that I hate OneDrive?

How do I properly express that I hate OneDrive?: Don't misunderstand me. I have enjoyed using OneDrive for word documents and small data files. But, I moved 60gb of photos from a hard drive into my new computer. Now Onedrive is forcibly trying to move those pictures online. It seems I have absolutely ZERO CONTROL on which...