Windows 10: I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP

Discus and support I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Win10 Pro I just got a brand new laptop, but it has Win10 Pro instead of Home like on my last PC. During setup it would not let me proceed without... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BananaFrappe, Nov 19, 2020.

1. I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP

Win10 Pro

I just got a brand new laptop, but it has Win10 Pro instead of Home like on my last PC. During setup it would not let me proceed without entering the pin. I hate using the pin. I just want to use my password, but there was no way with proceeding without it. I have it now, but I am trying to get rid of it and only use my password, but no iteration of "I forget" or Cancel or whatever is not working.

Before anyone mentions it the "Remove" button is greyed out.

Please help me remove this annoying thing. On my last laptop, it was easy to remove the pin option, with this one same manufacturer, same model, but with Win10 Pro, it is near impossible.

Please don't tell me that once again Microsoft has determined what I am supposed to like.

:)

BananaFrappe, Nov 19, 2020

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 19, 2020
  4. wolfmagic Win User

I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP

Can't get rid of PIN login at startup

I created a PIN login a while ago and then decided to get rid of it as it poor security - the regular Windows 10 login seems much more secure. I went to Settings/Accounts/Sign in options/PIN but there is no Remove button, only an Add button, which seems to indicate that the system isn't recognising the fact that a PIN login has been set up, even though it is always there at startup. I tried recreating it, which worked OK, but the Remove button still isn't there. Is there another way of getting rid of the PIN login?

wolfmagic, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP

1. I HATE the login pin. I can't get rid of it. HELP - Similar Threads - HATE login pin

2. Help with Microsoft pop up that I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Microsoft pop up that I can't get rid of: Can someone tell me how to get rid of this Microsoft logo that appeared on my home screen today and I can't get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-microsoft-pop-up-that-i-cant-get-rid-of/8bd542d3-39c1-4098-a1db-58e4952a2fdb
  3. Help with Microsoft pop up that I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Microsoft pop up that I can't get rid of: Can someone tell me how to get rid of this Microsoft logo that appeared on my home screen today and I can't get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-microsoft-pop-up-that-i-cant-get-rid-of/8bd542d3-39c1-4098-a1db-58e4952a2fdb
  4. Virus that I can't get rid of PLEASE HELP!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus that I can't get rid of PLEASE HELP!: Hi , so about 5 days ago I downloaded a app, however it was not it and loads of apps got downloaded on my laptop without permission and Microsoft defender was finding loads of viruses, trajan, ransomeware... and it was unable to get rid of them, so I downloaded avg antivurus...
  5. I set up a sign-in PIN and can't use it or get rid of it

I set up a sign-in PIN and can't use it or get rid of it: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop and set up a sign-in PIN recently. When I tried to proceed with setting up Windows Hello I was advised my home account wasn't equipped to set it up, so I gave up and deleted the PIN from my password manager and no longer have it. I am now...
  6. I want to get rid of my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I want to get rid of my pin: I made a pin when my laptop updated months ago but I don't want it anymore, I want my default login to be my picture login. But when I try to remove the pin, my settings say I don't have one and that I cannot have one on this laptop. How can I fix it?...
  7. Download I can't get rid of

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Download I can't get rid of: I have an download I can't get rid of? I tried to remove it in the control panel I can't find it. I tried to wipe my computer it can't wipe my computer. This download is annoying every time I turn my computer on it comes on I don't know what to do now?...
  8. I can't get rid of 8wekyb3d8bbwe

I can't get rid of 8wekyb3d8bbwe: I don't know if I'm crazy or just misinformed but I need an answer one way or the other about 8wekyb3d8bbwe. From now on "IT" refers to 8wekyb3d8bbwe. I have tried doing clean installs several times but every time I notice a quick flash of a command prompt screen then the...
  9. I can't get rid of an app!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get rid of an app!: I inadvertantly installed several apps after I was told on a website that I needed to update Adobe Flash. I got rid of all but one. It won't uninstall. I went to control panel via Start, and I keep trying to uninstall, but it wants me to fill out a capacha, I do, but then...
  10. Can't get rid of PIN login at startup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't get rid of PIN login at startup: I created a PIN login a while ago and then decided to get rid of it as it poor security - the regular Windows 10 login seems much more secure. I went to Settings/Accounts/Sign in options/PIN but there is no Remove button, only an Add button, which seems to indicate that the...