Windows 10: I hate the Windows file system. How can I make it work for me?

Discus and support I hate the Windows file system. How can I make it work for me? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I've always hated how things are organized in Windows. There are necessary system directories and what not that I will just accept are confusing,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vcycle, May 25, 2020.

1. /u/vcycle Win User

I hate the Windows file system. How can I make it work for me?

Hi,

I've always hated how things are organized in Windows. There are necessary system directories and what not that I will just accept are confusing, but personal and program files are all over the place: file libraries, documents/my documents, program data in the user folder and also in documents, random shortcuts to said locations, etc.

I've resulted to using an external hard drive for all my files, as I can start with a blank slate there and just put all my files in the appropriate folders. However, I would really like to use my main hard drive efficiently.

Does anyone have experience dealing with this? I would love some suggestions on how to take back control.

Thank you!

submitted by /u/vcycle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vcycle, May 25, 2020

2. Windows 8 Haters Club. For anyone who hates Windows 8.

Description:
    • For anyone who hates Windows 8. A single post here is all that's needed to become a member.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Hate Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, May 25, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. I hate the Windows file system. How can I make it work for me? - Similar Threads - hate file system

2. How can I make an .iso file for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make an .iso file for Windows 11?: I just upgraded to Windows 11 and went through a two-day rebuild [apps and such] after a reset, Can I use the Media Tool to create a W11 .iso file?...
  3. How can I make an .iso file for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make an .iso file for Windows 11?: I just upgraded to Windows 11 and went through a two-day rebuild [apps and such] after a reset, Can I use the Media Tool to create a W11 .iso file?...
  4. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    I hate this . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.One thing, that's very annoying!There's, a big box. That slides out,from the right side.Covering half, of my screen.It has the temperature, and local news.I have to wait, a little while.To get it to, slide back.Is there a way, to...
  5. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate this . . .: My computer's a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.One thing, that's very annoying!There's, a big box. That slides out,from the right side.Covering half, of my screen.It has the temperature, and local news.I have to wait, a little while.To get it to, slide back.Is there a way, to...
  6. I hate this . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how can i make scrabble 2005 make work on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i make scrabble 2005 make work on windows 10: dear... i dit order scrabble 2005 i did install the game onder windows 10 pro i cant make run the game, the install worked 100% i did try also the compatibility mode with out any result can any one help me my parents also run windows 10 and it works there for 100%...
  8. How can i make an ISO from my working system ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i make an ISO from my working system ?: How can i make an ISO from my working system ? Thank u 146415
  9. How can i make an ISO from my working system ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can i make an ISO from my working system ?: How can i make an ISO from my working system ? Thank u 146415
  10. can i make this system to show me as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    can i make this system to show me as administrator: Hi. Van Biljon from South Africa, but living in Thailand for the last 2.5 years. i have a problem with my PC after the power went of, came on, and drive c and was cleaned out. Got the system up and running BUT after updating win 10 to the last update, my filling is not as it...