Windows 10: I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to...

Discus and support I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to be able to decide whether I get an update.I also want to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sarah Birch1, Feb 6, 2023.

1. I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to...

I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to be able to decide whether I get an update.I also want to be able to make a choice as to when I get an updateI don't want to have important meetings interrupted by sudden unexpected updates that I don't see the point of. I'm sick and tired of this.I own my computer; I ought to be able to decide what it does.

:)

Sarah Birch1, Feb 6, 2023

2. Windows 8 Haters Club. For anyone who hates Windows 8.

Description:
    • For anyone who hates Windows 8. A single post here is all that's needed to become a member.
    • Also for anyone who does not hate Windows 8 but refuses to upgrade because Windows 7 is perfect.
    Requirements:
    • Be human. Male or female will suffice.
    • Hate Windows 8.
    To Join:
    • Make a post.
    Benefits:
    • You will find true love one day.
    • You have have a chance to get rich one day.
    • You will have a chance for your dreams to come true one day.

vawrvawerawe, Feb 6, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Feb 6, 2023
  4. I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to...

Is it Normal to Hate Microsoft Windows?

I started getting the hang of OneNote. I love what it is about.

I have short list softwares I need added to my laptop from work. In OneNote, I wanted the list to be formatted in a manner different from the UniFormat provided in OneNote for text. So I thought I would format the text in Word, print to PDF, thenj insert the PDF into OneNote.

Remember the list is short. To place the short list how I want it in OneNote, 11-inch virtual paper yields a huge block under the list of unused "white space"* So back to Word I go, set the paper size at 8.5 x 5. Print to pdf, insert to OneNote, and the text is sideways now, because the people smarter than us at Microsoft are able to figure out that 8.5x5 is supposed to be sideways, but I wanted it not sideways.

So next i am in UniSearch (combining all the searh engines of the world, and I am soon reading an excellent explanation by Omer Atay, Principal Software Engineering Manager on the OneNote team at Microsoft, telling the tail of how this is a known problem but since life is life they have not fixed it yet, but he had a very practical-sounding suggestion, that turned out to be one of the lies Microsoft always tells. Microsoft's favorite kind of lie is the easy way everything works, except it never works the way they describe it. In this case, here was Omer's gracious suggestion, he was so generous to share with little people.

And I quote:
    One suggestion I can give is, instead of using Insert > File Printout, open the file first and then use Print command in the application (e.g. Adobe) and choose your orientation there. This will do the same insertion, but with the correct orientation.

Sounds easy. Now try it. Microsoft answer always are like escher bach paintings with impossible stairs and other optical illusions. His suggestion is the same as the procedure he says he is offering a replacement for. It's like, "yeah, adding 5 and six is a challenge when you need the result to be 15 instead of 11. So what you do is add five and six to get your 15. Bye Everybody, I just wanted to give you a tip!"

Finally, the kicker. How did ding dong come to think he was making a constructive suggestion? Oh I know, he never tried it himself. He heard it in a meeting.

I hate Microsoft.

Carla Rogers, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to...

1. I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to... - Similar Threads - hate updates never

2. I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...: It says "Unable to upgrade your edition" and gives me the error code 0x80070002 every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-activate-windows-but-when-i-activate-it/89379751-e664-4b35-9b40-9a089ecbe15c
  3. I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...: It says "Unable to upgrade your edition" and gives me the error code 0x80070002 every time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-activate-windows-but-when-i-activate-it/89379751-e664-4b35-9b40-9a089ecbe15c
  4. I want to activate windows but when I activate it, it tells me I need to upgrade my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to...: I hate updates - Windows never tells me why I need them or gives me any choice. I want to be able to decide whether I get an update.I also want to be able to make a choice as to when I get an updateI don't want to have important meetings interrupted by sudden unexpected...
  6. GIVE ME STOP OPTIONS FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATES, I HATE THIS!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GIVE ME STOP OPTIONS FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATES, I HATE THIS!!: I hate windows 10 update cause every time they update I need to uninstall and install back my software settings ex: Razer Synapse I always get mic problems after windows updates and it always takes time to fix this why don't u people try to fix this or just give me stop...
  7. GIVE ME STOP OPTIONS FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATES, I HATE THIS!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GIVE ME STOP OPTIONS FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATES, I HATE THIS!!: I hate windows 10 update cause every time they update I need to uninstall and install back my software settings ex: Razer Synapse I always get mic problems after windows updates and it always takes time to fix this why don't u people try to fix this or just give me stop...
  8. GIVE ME STOP OPTIONS FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATES, I HATE THIS!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Why are You Giving me windows 11 If I Don't Want It?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are You Giving me windows 11 If I Don't Want It?: Hello,I am a Windows Insider Of Developer channel. Everyday I had to keep my Windows update off as When I Turn Them on windows 11 starts to download. I don't want it Just give me windows 10 updates. Its been A long time I haven't see a single windows 10 build update, are you...
  10. Windows is telling me that I need to activate Windows.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows is telling me that I need to activate Windows.: I've had this problem for a few months now and have chosen to just ignore it, but I figured I've had enough of it. At the bottom right of my screen, it says "Activate Windows Go to settings to activate Windows" And when I DO go to settings, I get this message. [ATTACH]...