Windows 10: I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent

Discus and support I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I hate that Windows 10 restarts automatically without my consent just to install new updates I didnt asked for. It made me lost a day of work and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jose Amilcar Sauceda, Jul 9, 2019.

1. I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent

I hate that Windows 10 restarts automatically without my consent just to install new updates I didnt asked for. It made me lost a day of work and I just have to write everything I had worked for all over again. I do not want to hear the excuse of "You didn't save your work?".

If I don't want to have updates for a certain laps of time is my decision.

How can I stop this updates for restarting my computer again without my consent?

:)

Jose Amilcar Sauceda, Jul 9, 2019

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jul 9, 2019
  4. I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent

Enabling automatic reboot or automatic restart in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open the System Properties.

• On the Advanced tab, under the Startup and Recovery section click on the Settings button.

• Under the System failure section check
      the automatically restart checkbox.

• Click OK to close the startup and system properties windows and save changes.
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent

1. I hate Windows 10 restarting automatically without my consent - Similar Threads - hate restarting automatically

2. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!: I run Windows 10 on my computer and am fed up with it restarting without my consent. I get the message that restart will be required for installing updates, but I want to be in control of when MY computer restarts with MY operating system on it. As it is now, I click on...
  3. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!: I run Windows 10 on my computer and am fed up with it restarting without my consent. I get the message that restart will be required for installing updates, but I want to be in control of when MY computer restarts with MY operating system on it. As it is now, I click on...
  4. How do I stop Windows from restarting without my consent?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent: I have the following problem: I have uninstalled English UK from Windows display language, and after I turn off or restart my computer it is reinstalled without my consent/permission. How can I stop this automatic re-download of the said language pack. My default windows...
  6. Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic reinstallation of a language pack, without consent: I have the following problem: I have uninstalled English UK from Windows display language, and after I turn off or restart my computer it is reinstalled without my consent/permission. How can I stop this automatic re-download of the said language pack. My default windows...
  7. How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I prevent Windows 10 from restarting without my consent?: Everytime there's an update and the OS thinks I'm idle (nevermind that I'm watching a film, browsing the internet or just been gone for a minute, it restarts without asking. I've disabled the automatic restarts in the Windows settings (Advanced options\Update options\Restart...
  8. Why does Windows 10 insist on restarting my PC without my consent?

Why does Windows 10 insist on restarting my PC without my consent?: Every single day for the last couple weeks Windows has popped up a "Restart your PC" box, to which I put it off since it's right in the middle of my work day. When I go to shut the computer down you would expect to see the "Update and restart" button but you don't so I just...
  9. Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent

Windows 10 auto-restarted inside active hours without my consent: My active hour is set from 9:00 to 3:00 (18 hours). Why does windows keep scheduling the update in the afternoon!?? I just went to the toilet for a while (in the afternoon, 16:00), and when I came back, my computer is restarting TOTALLY WITHOUT MY CONSENT. It's the 2nd time...
  10. Without my consent.

Without my consent.: I scheduled the latest Windows Update for sometime next week. I woke up this morning with my computer in the middle of the update. I had to access some files for work but couldn't. Windows Update acted without my consent. I took the time to verify twice that the scheduled...