Windows 10: I have 0x80300024 error coming up when installing Win 10, how can I fix it? It's a Thinkpad...

Discus and support I have 0x80300024 error coming up when installing Win 10, how can I fix it? It's a Thinkpad... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I received a fully wiped T460 from my company without operating system, previously it had Windows 7 installed. I would like to install Windows 10 on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/halikaki, Apr 15, 2020.

1. I have 0x80300024 error coming up when installing Win 10, how can I fix it? It's a Thinkpad...

I received a fully wiped T460 from my company without operating system, previously it had Windows 7 installed. I would like to install Windows 10 on it but I receive error 0x80300024 (Windows is unable to install to the selected location). When I select the installation disc I only see one option, the SSD. In the boot menu I made SSD as first in the boot order, but still got the same error. As for the bootable USB I'm using: I tried MBR and GPT as well, same happened. Appreciate any help!

submitted by /u/halikaki
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/halikaki, Apr 15, 2020
  2. hTconeM9user, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Walt9 Win User
    Thinkpad Scrolling BStill Broken n Windows 10

I installed Win 10 Pro on Thinkpad X230 on 6/9/2016. From prior posts, I thought this was fixed. But it wasn't. While pressing the center button, I can scroll with the red Trackpoint. But scrolling stops upon button release. This is ok for a page or 2,
    but not for longer documents. Installing latest Lenovo Ultranav driver didn't help. Scrolling worked perfectly with an external mouse. Any suggestions? I really like Win 10, but this may force me to revert to Win 7. Also curious if this is happening to Lenovo's
    new Thinkpads that come with Win 10.

Walt9, Apr 15, 2020
  4. n2bn2b Win User

I have 0x80300024 error coming up when installing Win 10, how can I fix it? It's a Thinkpad...

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

I have 0x80300024 error coming up when installing Win 10, how can I fix it? It's a Thinkpad...

1. I have 0x80300024 error coming up when installing Win 10, how can I fix it? It's a Thinkpad... - Similar Threads - 0x80300024 error coming

2. I have a box that comes up saying fatal error during installation. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a box that comes up saying fatal error during installation. How do I fix it?: Every time I click off of it it comes back, every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-box-that-comes-up-saying-fatal-error/5ff4357c-b926-4c22-a655-98b92f2e4169
  3. I have a box that comes up saying fatal error during installation. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a box that comes up saying fatal error during installation. How do I fix it?: Every time I click off of it it comes back, every time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-box-that-comes-up-saying-fatal-error/5ff4357c-b926-4c22-a655-98b92f2e4169
  4. I have a box that comes up saying fatal error during installation. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install error 0x80300024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install error 0x80300024: So I’m installing win 7 on an older computer. Previously, the C drive failed and the attempt to restore a backup refused to boot. So going back to plain win 7 to get a bootable disk and then try to restore over it. The disk in question is a 2 TB SSD. Install shows it as...
  6. Install error 0x80300024

Install error 0x80300024: So I’m installing win 7 on an older computer. Previously, the C drive failed and the attempt to restore a backup refused to boot. So going back to plain win 7 to get a bootable disk and then try to restore over it. The disk in question is a 2 TB SSD. Install shows it as...
  7. When I try to install Java, this error message comes up. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When I try to install Java, this error message comes up. How do I fix it?: An Error has occurred in the script on this pageLine: 1Char: 1Error: Expected "/Code: 0URL:Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?Yes NoWhichever one I pick, Java doesn't install. Then if I try to install it again, a different error message called 1500 comes up...
  8. When I try to install Java, this error message comes up. How do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to install Java, this error message comes up. How do I fix it?: An Error has occurred in the script on this pageLine: 1Char: 1Error: Expected "/Code: 0URL:Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?Yes NoWhichever one I pick, Java doesn't install. Then if I try to install it again, a different error message called 1500 comes up...
  9. When I try to install Java, this error message comes up. How do I fix it?

10. error code 101102 comes up. How can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Support
    error code 101102 comes up. How can I fix it?: I am running windows 10 version 20 h2, os build19042.870, 64 bit operating system x64 processor, Intel (R)UHD Graphics 630. ( Not the smartest guy on the block here) Lots of times when a video on my home page goes to play, it says video failed to load, error 101102. Is there...
Tags: