Windows 10: I have 100 TXT files that I would like to replace a phrase from a list

Discus and support I have 100 TXT files that I would like to replace a phrase from a list in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I just wondered can anyone help me with this simple task. I have a 100 identical text files that I would like to replace a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Human1, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Human1 Win User

I have 100 TXT files that I would like to replace a phrase from a list

Hello everyone, I just wondered can anyone help me with this simple task.

I have a 100 identical text files that I would like to replace a specific word or small phrase .

I can add these TXT files into a CSV file in 1st column with a path to where they are on my
    windows 10 PC example c:\files\file1.txt

In the 2nd column of CSV, I have the phrase I would like to replace all occurrences of.

Now in the 3rd column I have the unique phrase for each text file that I want it changed to.

Can anyone please help me create a simple bat file that can update these text files in seconds.

Thank you very much

:)

Human1, Nov 11, 2020

2. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Nov 11, 2020
  3. dark2099 Win User
    Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Nov 11, 2020
  4. AsRock Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

Could he not use a wildacard ?. So it be dir %1 /a /s /b > *.txt and then it would list all .TXT files then.

AsRock, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

1. I have 100 TXT files that I would like to replace a phrase from a list - Similar Threads - 100 TXT files

2. I have a question and would like your help SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a question and would like your help SSD: Hello guys i have a question im goin to buy my new pc and the new pc have Gen 4 nvme ssd 1tb and have windows install and on my old pc i have ssd 1tb and have windows istall also.My question is can i use my old ssd to me new pc with the windows istall in both???If i can can i...
  3. I have a question and would like your help SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a question and would like your help SSD: Hello guys i have a question im goin to buy my new pc and the new pc have Gen 4 nvme ssd 1tb and have windows install and on my old pc i have ssd 1tb and have windows istall also.My question is can i use my old ssd to me new pc with the windows istall in both???If i can can i...
  4. how to batch rename files from a csv or txt list?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to batch rename files from a csv or txt list?: say i have three files of the same type named cat,dog,mouse. and I have a csv/txt file with apple,orange,banana and in the same order they appear in file explorer i want them renamed down the line so cat = apple , dog is renamed to orange, and mouse is renamed to banana. How...
  5. I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have multiple files with "." In them and I'd like to replace them with a "space". Is that...: submitted by /u/Grasshoppa01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqap51/i_have_multiple_files_with_in_them_and_id_like_to/
  6. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  7. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093
  8. I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.: Scenario: Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled. A bootable media is created. I change Computer A's motherboard to a new one but not the same make and model. I then use the same bootable media to reinstall Windows...
  9. Program I would like to use as default not listed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program I would like to use as default not listed: I have a program I would like to use for photos, PDFs, jpegs, tifs and pngs called "BlueBeam". When I try to use this program as a default, Windows will not list it or even give me an opportunity to search my hardware and select it. How do I fix that ? *Think 56165
  10. I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to have my laptop wake on USB: The computer I have now will stay on when the top is closed, which is what I want. But when it goes to sleep I cannot wake it without lifting the top and pressing power. I use monitors and usb keyboard and I want to be able to activate the computer using it. I have gone...