Windows 10: I have 15 gb of temporary internet files that disk cleaner won't erase.

Discus and support I have 15 gb of temporary internet files that disk cleaner won't erase. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know why these won't delete? I don't have much space on my C drive at all. submitted by /u/Nerdtendo64 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nerdtendo64, Apr 3, 2020.

1. I have 15 gb of temporary internet files that disk cleaner won't erase.

Does anyone know why these won't delete? I don't have much space on my C drive at all.

submitted by /u/Nerdtendo64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nerdtendo64, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Disk Cleanup - Padlock on Temporary Internet Files

Hi Dennis,

Deleting temporary files is one way of to free up space on your drive.

For us to properly isolate your concern and provide an appropriate resolution, kindly answer the following questions below:

• We would like to confirm if you were running the Disk Cleanup utility?
    • Can you confirm that the only files you cannot delete were all temporary Internet files?
    • Was there a lock displayed beside the temporary Internet files?
    • Were there any error messages when you tried to run a disk clean up.
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 3, 2020
  3. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Apr 3, 2020
  4. I have 15 gb of temporary internet files that disk cleaner won't erase.

How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

As I said Disk Cleanup lists Temporary Internet Files only for Internet Explorer, not the one used by Edge.

IE> Tools > Options > Delete. Enable the check box for "Temporary Internet Files and website files", and click Delete.

Are you saying that you completely cleared the Temporary Internet Files cache from Internet Explorer - Options, and still Disk Cleanup is showing up 1 GB for Temporary Internet Files?

Can you post a screenshot?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

I have 15 gb of temporary internet files that disk cleaner won't erase.

1. I have 15 gb of temporary internet files that disk cleaner won't erase. - Similar Threads - temporary internet files

2. How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?: Storage Sense calculated 30.9MB of Temporary Files.Both Temp Folders had a combined total amount of 3.18MB in Temp Files.After running Storage Sense both Temp Folders were empty.However, upon running Storage Sense again it still showed a calculated amount of 30.9MB of...
  3. How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?: Storage Sense calculated 30.9MB of Temporary Files.Both Temp Folders had a combined total amount of 3.18MB in Temp Files.After running Storage Sense both Temp Folders were empty.However, upon running Storage Sense again it still showed a calculated amount of 30.9MB of...
  4. How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temporary Internet Files: Disk cleanup says that I have currently 104MB of diskspace used by Temporary Internet Files when I 1st noticed it some Win 10 versions ago files took 64.5MB and even running Disk Cleanup it still says that 104MB is used by TIFs, ccleaner doesn't clear it either and View Files...
  6. Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup issue with Temporary Internet Files: Hi All Temporary Internet files show data in the folder according to disk cleanup, so far ran ccleaner, then ran diskcleanup again a week later, and seems like more data in that folder on my SSD, and i'm like what the heck, I cleared the temp folder manually, clear...
  7. Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files

Disk Cleanup showing 2.9GB Temporary Internet Files: Disk Cleanup is showing 2.92GB temporary Internet files that I cannot even find. [img] When I click on View files I am taken here: [img] One 0KB file and a folder. The folder contents are: [img] I am having a hard time understanding why 281KB of files...
  8. 706 GB of Temporary Files!!!!

706 GB of Temporary Files!!!!: Can someone please help me *Sad i just bought a new laptop and it hasn't been a month since i used it. Now, i was wondering why my OS said that i only have 155gb free but my files are not even that big. And i searched what is the problem and found out that my temporary files...
  9. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...
  10. 706 GB of Temporary Files!!!!

706 GB of Temporary Files!!!!: Can someone please help me *Sad i just bought a new laptop and it hasn't been a month since i used it. Now, i was wondering why my OS said that i only have 155gb free but my files are not even that big. And i searched what is the problem and found out that my temporary files...