Windows 10: I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb

Discus and support I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had 8gb of RAM and decided to get another 8gb of RAM. After the installation I went on task manager > processes and it says I have 16 gb of memory,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Flickxi, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Flickxi Win User

I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb

I had 8gb of RAM and decided to get another 8gb of RAM. After the installation I went on task manager > processes and it says I have 16 gb of memory, but below that it says memory usage 7.9 gb. Also at the bottom it says hardware reserved 8.1 gb and in all my games its says I only have 8 gb so I don't know if it went into reserved or what happened but someone if they know my problem please tell me a fix or what's wrong.

:)

Flickxi, Dec 2, 2020

2. how to upgrade Ram from 8 to 16 gb?

Hey Madan. This is not a Windows issue or Microsoft issue but I'll try to help.

To go from 8 GB RAM to 16 GB. You will have to actually purchase COMPATIBLE 16 GB sticks of RAM then install them. Dell Inspiron might have more information on what kind of RAM is compatible with your PC.

Getting more RAM is not a simple troubleshooting fix and if you are on a laptop, it might be impossible.

Zackary Vanosdol, Dec 2, 2020
  3. pc not reconizing correct ram, shows 8 gb instead of 16

pc not reconizing correct ram, shows 8 gb instead of 16

DwightManis, Dec 2, 2020
  4. I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb

Computer only detecting 8 GB of RAM instead of 16 GB

So I recently reinstalled Windows 10 for a fresh new start. It seemed alright at first, until I found out that the new Windows 10 is only detecting 8 GB of installed Ram when I actually have 16 installed. But it keeps telling me I have only 8 GB installed.
    What should I do? Fix it from BIOS or what? I have been hours trying to fix it.

AbrahamValdes, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb

1. I have 16 gb of ram but Its only using 8 gb - Similar Threads - ram using

2. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?: Hello, first of all, sorry for my english , not my first language.Second of all, i just upgraded my RAM from 16GB to 32GB. The problem is, that windows sees 32gb but uses only 16GB. The rest is "reserved for hardware", which is wierd, because to my knowledge, this is for...
  3. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?: Hello, first of all, sorry for my english , not my first language.Second of all, i just upgraded my RAM from 16GB to 32GB. The problem is, that windows sees 32gb but uses only 16GB. The rest is "reserved for hardware", which is wierd, because to my knowledge, this is for...
  4. Windows 10 Not Using All RAM?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM: I just recently upgraded my computer with most of my part but no my problem is that "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" is using up to 12000MB of my ram. When I start my pc its around maybe 1000-2000MB max but the more time that goes on it just ramping up until my...
  6. "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM

"Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM: I just recently upgraded my computer with most of my part but no my problem is that "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" is using up to 12000MB of my ram. When I start my pc its around maybe 1000-2000MB max but the more time that goes on it just ramping up until my...
  7. "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...: so my task manager said 1 of 2 ram slots used, when i hover it saidslot 1: emptyslot 2: 4,0GB, 1600mhzbut it show 8gb of ram just finemy bro's laptop have both slot used and it said 2 of 4 slot usedis this the same case just my task manager only managed to detect 2 slot and...
  9. my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...

my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...: so my task manager said 1 of 2 ram slots used, when i hover it saidslot 1: emptyslot 2: 4,0GB, 1600mhzbut it show 8gb of ram just finemy bro's laptop have both slot used and it said 2 of 4 slot usedis this the same case just my task manager only managed to detect 2 slot and...
  10. my laptop task manager said i used 1 of 2 ram slot even though im using both slots 4gb x 2...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging