Windows 10: I have 16gb ram but it shows up as 14.1?

Discus and support I have 16gb ram but it shows up as 14.1? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It use to show up as 16.0 ram but now it shows up as a max of 14.1? I've also had weird PC issues like my games force closing, my browser tabs crashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by McSweg, Nov 25, 2018.

1. McSweg Win User

I have 16gb ram but it shows up as 14.1?

It use to show up as 16.0 ram but now it shows up as a max of 14.1? I've also had weird PC issues like my games force closing, my browser tabs crashing instantly. I ran several virus scans and nothing was foujnd. I updated all my drivers etc..

I have 16gb ram but it shows up as 14.1? [​IMG]

:)

McSweg, Nov 25, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

z97x gaming 5 with 16gb Ram

for sure. Th 1866 support will come from the IMC on the CPU, and the board will support 16GB easily. Check the motherboard manufacturer compatibility listing to be totally certain the brand of RAM will work.

Many additional brands will work, but have not been tested to make their list, so you'd be on your own if not on the list.

rtwjunkie, Nov 25, 2018
  3. ORVILLEM Win User
    Windows 10 shows only 16gb of RAM usuable of 24GB

I had windows 7 pro running with 24GB of RAM. Since I installed to Windows 10 it shows

installed RAM 24GB (16GB Available). Why is Windows 10 not using all the RAM.

I run After Effects CC and Premier Pro CC and that was the reason I upgraded to 24GB over 2years ago.

ORVILLEM, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 shows only 16gb of RAM usuable of 24GB

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

• What is the bit version of the Operating system which you have installed?
    If it is a 32 bit the system will use 16 GB of ram out of 24 GB. If it is a 64 bit Operating system I would suggest you to remove the Ram module and connect it back and check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

1. I have 16gb ram but it shows up as 14.1? - Similar Threads - 16gb ram shows

2. How to add vrami have 16gb ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to add vrami have 16gb ram: I am trying to play ark survival ascended on steam and it says ‘not enough video memory’. I have 16gb of ram and i am on a gaming laptop with an integrated graphics card intelr UHD Graphics and a dedicated graphics card nividia geforce RTX 3050Ti laptop GPU. In display...
  3. How to add vrami have 16gb ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add vrami have 16gb ram: I am trying to play ark survival ascended on steam and it says ‘not enough video memory’. I have 16gb of ram and i am on a gaming laptop with an integrated graphics card intelr UHD Graphics and a dedicated graphics card nividia geforce RTX 3050Ti laptop GPU. In display...
  4. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  5. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  6. Ram issues even though I have 16GB of ram.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ram issues even though I have 16GB of ram.: I have a 1080 graphics card, i7 7600K, and 16GB of ram. For some reason lately, my computer has been having RAM issues. I'll be loading a game, have discord open, and chrome and things will crash because of RAM issues. Why??? With my specs, my computer should be handling...
  7. Windows showing 8GB of Ram when 16GB is installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows showing 8GB of Ram when 16GB is installed.: Hi, I have an HP Pavillion x360 laptop which had 16GB of ram. Recently I completely wiped all my files and setting from windows because it was starting to get quite slow and all the files in it were not important. After the wipe, windows showed only 8GB of ram when there...
  8. 16Gb RAM on Ideapad?

16Gb RAM on Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  9. 16GB Ram for Ideapad?

16GB Ram for Ideapad?: Hello everybody Since I am reaching the limits of image processing with my 8Gb Ram on my Lenovo Ideapad C340-14Iml, I want to upgrade the Ram. Can I do that with the necessary tools alone? Yes, I know that then the warranty expires. And how much is it? Can you send me a...
  10. I have 16gb Ram installed but I only have 7.95 usable. But my bios sees the whole 16gb but...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have 16gb Ram installed but I only have 7.95 usable. But my bios sees the whole 16gb but...: Please can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-16gb-ram-installed-but-i-only-have-795/90430163-0e1d-444a-9e6c-49d2a57b047f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 16gb ram 13gb usable windows 10

2. i have 16gb ram but only 14 show up

3. ram shows 13.9 but i have 16 gb

4. why is my 16 gb of ram showing as 14,
  5. 16gb ram shows up as 13.9,
  6. what does my 16gb ram show up as 12 ,
  7. 16gb of ram shows as 13gb