Windows 10: I have 189GB of temporary files that I cannot find or delete

Discus and support I have 189GB of temporary files that I cannot find or delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, As stated in the title, I recently checked my storage settings and found that my D: Drive has 189GB of temporary files. If I click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrB8, Sep 25, 2019.

1. BrB8 Win User

I have 189GB of temporary files that I cannot find or delete

Hello,

As stated in the title, I recently checked my storage settings and found that my D: Drive has 189GB of temporary files. If I click the "Temporary files" header, the screen simply shows a "scanning" bar at the top for a few seconds, and then there are no temporary files or items that I can even see, let alone delete. I have also tried a multitude of disk-cleaning software, such as Disk Cleanup, CCleaner and my antivirus disk cleanup program. I have also tried running "temp" and "%temp%" to find these files, to no avail. This is very frustrating as I do not know how to clear up my storage space, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edit: Here are screenshots of what I mean in my storage settings: I have 189GB of temporary files that I cannot find or delete aa435af0-9909-43ea-b951-593583367ac7?upload=true.png I have 189GB of temporary files that I cannot find or delete 4f0cb74e-8012-41ae-9df7-017eea5ea00c?upload=true.png

:)

2. How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi,

As you are saying that you are not able to delete the temporary internet files and temporary Files in Windows 10.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

1.Have you installed any third party applications to clean up temporary Files?

2.In the Disk Cleanup had you checked the Temporary Internet files and Temporary files before doing disk cleanup?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and try deleting the temporary internet files.

• Open Internet Explorer by typing Internet Explorer in Search Bar. Click the
      Tools
      button, and then click Internet Options.
    • Click the General tab, and then, under Browsing history, click
      Delete.
    • In the Delete Browsing History dialog box, select the check boxes for the information you want to delete, click
      Delete, and then click OK.
    I also suggest you refer the Microsoft article on View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge
    and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if the issue with the deletion of temporary files is resolved we will be glad to assist you further.

Anup Karkal, Sep 25, 2019
  3. NShafkat Win User
    How To Delete Temporary Internet Files And Temporary Files In Windows 10

Hi Anup,

Thank you for your reply.

I would respond as follows:

1. No, I have not installed any third party applications to delete Temporary Internet Files or Temporary Files.

2. Yes, as mentioned in my message, I had chcked the relevant boxes for Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files before performing Disk Clean-up. But still the files won't delete.

Your suggestion is about deleting Browsing history. I don't have any issues with deleting Browsing history. It's about deleting Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files. Browsing history can be deleted via Internet Options or from the option available
    in the Hub of Microsoft Edge.

Any help on how to delete Temporary Internet Files and Temporary Files would be greatly appreciated.

Regards.

NShafkat, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. I have 189GB of temporary files that I cannot find or delete - Similar Threads - 189GB temporary files

2. How do I delete Temporary files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete Temporary files?: How to delete temporary files, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-temporary-files/47a31507-485a-4553-883a-e22809bb8a10
  3. How do I delete Temporary files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete Temporary files?: How to delete temporary files, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-temporary-files/47a31507-485a-4553-883a-e22809bb8a10
  4. can i delete the download temporary file?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can i delete the download temporary file?: hi, so I only have 1 GB of storage left and I found this download temporary file, its about 11 GB. should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-download-temporary-file/d551e491-f4ad-4ec3-a7de-fc4249d80af5
  5. can i delete the download temporary file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i delete the download temporary file?: hi, so I only have 1 GB of storage left and I found this download temporary file, its about 11 GB. should I delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-the-download-temporary-file/d551e491-f4ad-4ec3-a7de-fc4249d80af5
  6. can i delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Customization
    can i delete temporary files: can i delete windows update cleanup files without loosing windows version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-delete-temporary-files/dfb5a63f-3387-44f5-9916-0806fe0b21c0
  7. 50GB in temporary files and I can't delete it..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    50GB in temporary files and I can't delete it..: So I noticed this morning that for some reason I lost about 50GB of storage space on my boot ssd so I looked around a bit to find that there is 47,6GB of temporary files on my system out of nowhere. I'm talking about the temporary files when looking at the storage window in...
  8. I need to delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need to delete temporary files: All the system does is say it's scanning, but nothing happens. What do I need to do so I can free up space for update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-delete-temporary-files/499bbf7e-0ed1-4851-bb84-5cc0baac0ca4
  9. For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.

in Windows 10 Customization
    For some reason, I cannot delete all of the Temporary file space.: I used Run with %temp%, temp, and prefetch and it does not work. Also, I used disk cleanup, but the 22 GB storage is still there. Therefore, I optimized and defragmented the whole hard drive, but it did not clean up all of the temporary files. Is it possible that those...
  10. I can't delete my temporary files!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't delete my temporary files!: This is probably something that's been going around for a while but I have found no solution whatsoever. The problem I have is that I am unable to delete my temporary files. Here is a screenshot of my current storage *according to settings [ATTACH] As you can see, 36.6...