Windows 10: I have 2 GPU's on my laptop

Discus and support I have 2 GPU's on my laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] hello, sorry in advance if my English isn't good. I've just bought a laptop with NVIDIA GPU so I could do some graphic work more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blind_roomba, Oct 5, 2020.

1. I have 2 GPU's on my laptop

I have 2 GPU's on my laptop 56QBB0P-WimVEsFhbQMWkZHje763s0BMp3Jsb1groRw.jpg

hello, sorry in advance if my English isn't good.

I've just bought a laptop with NVIDIA GPU so I could do some graphic work more efficiently.anyway, the laptop arrived today and I noticed I also have 'Intel(R) Iris(R) Plus Graphics' installed.

when using the task manager it looks like it only uses GPU 0, which is the Intel one...

what are the consequences of this thing?

how can I bee sure the computer is using the stronger GPU?

do I need to disable one of them? if so, how do I disable the Intel GPU?

Thanks

https://preview.redd.it/b62bs8759br...bp&s=1ae176d96ad27816555b8ccd2a57c52e8d4c1b39

submitted by /u/blind_roomba
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blind_roomba, Oct 5, 2020
  2. Hkcuong Win User

Core 2 Duo for laptop CQ40-314TU

I have found something about CPU Upgrade on the Intel's Website, the manufacturer of my laptop's chipset (GM45 Chipset). Currently, the CPU which this laptop is using (Dual Core T3400) is NOT in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=35509
    The laptop's chipset also support Core 2 Extreme Technology, which I think the latest CPU Technology.
    I have another laptop called Acer Aspire 5572ANWXMi that is using the chipset 945GM which support the T7600 (like you suggested) and it is in this list: http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=22816

Hkcuong, Oct 5, 2020
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

axe0, Oct 5, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

I have 2 GPU's on my laptop

n-ster, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

I have 2 GPU's on my laptop

1. I have 2 GPU's on my laptop - Similar Threads - GPU's laptop

2. Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU: Hi, I have AMD Tuf gaming laptop, It has MUX Switch, so basically when I turn on a game it switches from APU to GPU, now I don't have problem when I'm playing the game but when I want to minimize it, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then goes on, but It does not...
  3. Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop does mini freezes when I switch from APU to GPU: Hi, I have AMD Tuf gaming laptop, It has MUX Switch, so basically when I turn on a game it switches from APU to GPU, now I don't have problem when I'm playing the game but when I want to minimize it, the screen freezes for about 10 seconds and then goes on, but It does not...
  4. Mi msi/laptop no me detecta mi gpu de nvidia.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mi msi/laptop no me detecta mi gpu de nvidia.: Componentes de mi gf65 thin sdr:Pantalla 15.6" FullHD 1920*1080 de 144Hz de tasa de refrescoProcesador Intel Core i7-10750H 6 núcleos, 12 MB Cache, 2.6 GHz hasta 5.0 GHzMemoria RAM de 16 GB DDR4, 2666 MHzAlmacenamiento SSD de 512 GB NVMe PCIe Gen3x4Tarjeta Grafica Nvidia...
  5. Mi msi/laptop no me detecta mi gpu de nvidia.

Mi msi/laptop no me detecta mi gpu de nvidia.: Componentes de mi gf65 thin sdr:Pantalla 15.6" FullHD 1920*1080 de 144Hz de tasa de refrescoProcesador Intel Core i7-10750H 6 núcleos, 12 MB Cache, 2.6 GHz hasta 5.0 GHzMemoria RAM de 16 GB DDR4, 2666 MHzAlmacenamiento SSD de 512 GB NVMe PCIe Gen3x4Tarjeta Grafica Nvidia...
  6. My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.: My ASUS laptop Windows 11 I think hasn't been working properly. For a little, it started to work more, displaying lines of colors, then a full white screen. Now, it's back to how it was before - not displaying anything. I can connect to it with Chrome Remote Desktop, but I...
  7. My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.

My laptop's GPU seems to not be working properly.: My ASUS laptop Windows 11 I think hasn't been working properly. For a little, it started to work more, displaying lines of colors, then a full white screen. Now, it's back to how it was before - not displaying anything. I can connect to it with Chrome Remote Desktop, but I...
  8. Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage: SPECSASUS TUF gaming a15AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon GraphicsNvidia RTX 2060 + 16GB RAMWindows 10 Version 22H2 - OS build 19045.4046Got laptop from ebay a week ago and had constant issues BSODs or desktop crashes with certain games and 2 times when I had to reset PC. But...
  9. Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage

Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage: SPECSASUS TUF gaming a15AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon GraphicsNvidia RTX 2060 + 16GB RAMWindows 10 Version 22H2 - OS build 19045.4046Got laptop from ebay a week ago and had constant issues BSODs or desktop crashes with certain games and 2 times when I had to reset PC. But...
  10. Slow laptop with BSODs and low CPU + GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging