Windows 10: I have 2 HDMI ports in my pc but only one works

Discus and support I have 2 HDMI ports in my pc but only one works in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I tried the suggentions of others with Trouble shooting but when ik got to the step: 'Go to view all' i wasn't able to find it. Does anyone have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rafael de Graaf, Jun 26, 2019.

1. I have 2 HDMI ports in my pc but only one works

I tried the suggentions of others with Trouble shooting but when ik got to the step: 'Go to view all' i wasn't able to find it. Does anyone have suggentions i just bought a second monitor and it doesent work. Or should i buy a HDMI splitter or switch because i don't need souns on mij second monitor. Thanks if you would take the time to awnser my question.

:)

Rafael de Graaf, Jun 26, 2019

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Jun 26, 2019
  3. PC has 2 HDMI ports, only 1 works.

My PC has 2 HDMI ports on the back, i think one of them is 'connected' to the graphics card as it also has a DP and DVI ports. When i connect my monitor to the HDMI port which is from the graphics card (GeForce GTX 970), everything works fine and my pc displays
    to the monitor. However, i would like to use a second monitor (for gaming) but when i connect either my tv or monitor to the other HDMI port which ISN'T connected to the graphics card, nothing displays and it doesn't work. I don't know if its because the port
    is disabled or if it only outputs from the graphics card, but i have contacted the company that custom built my PC, and they said that my setup could support 3 monitors/displays.

Please help me to find out how to setup a second monitor?

Thanks in advance,

Bertie

Bertie Kemp, Jun 26, 2019
  4. I have 2 HDMI ports in my pc but only one works

HDMI port

Yeah, Barbara, that would be it if it's the only HDMI port.

Have you installed the camera software? Be sure to read the instructions closely and follow each step. It may or may not have you plug into the port later. So read all the steps through first.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

I have 2 HDMI ports in my pc but only one works

1. I have 2 HDMI ports in my pc but only one works - Similar Threads - HDMI ports works

2. I have 2 HDMI ports, but 1 of them isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 HDMI ports, but 1 of them isn't working.: Hi! I recently bought a second monitor, so I could have a better setup. I followed the guide it came with, plugged it in and connected it to my second HDMI port. However, when I turned the monitor on, it said 'No signal'. I attempted to swap the cables between the two HDMI...
  3. I have 2 HDMI ports, but 1 of them isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 HDMI ports, but 1 of them isn't working.: Hi! I recently bought a second monitor, so I could have a better setup. I followed the guide it came with, plugged it in and connected it to my second HDMI port. However, when I turned the monitor on, it said 'No signal'. I attempted to swap the cables between the two HDMI...
  4. I have 2 HDMI ports, but 1 of them isn't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Only one USB port not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only one USB port not working.: My HP Notebok Laptop is currently running on Windows 11 home edition which I purchased two weeks ago.There are 2 USB ports in my laptop,but only 1 port is functional while other port is only giving power.The malfunctioned port is not detecting or showing devices on MYPC,it...
  6. Only one USB port not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only one USB port not working.: My HP Notebok Laptop is currently running on Windows 11 home edition which I purchased two weeks ago.There are 2 USB ports in my laptop,but only 1 port is functional while other port is only giving power.The malfunctioned port is not detecting or showing devices on MYPC,it...
  7. 2 HDMI ports only 1 works

2 HDMI ports only 1 works: Intel i7-9700F @ 3GHz 16 GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti I have one Monitor hooked up works fine and I'm attempting to hook up a 2nd monitor to the 2nd HDMI display port on the PC yet NOTHING happens. Both HDMI cables and Both Monitors work when using the initial...
  8. 2 hdmi ports

2 hdmi ports: Hello , I recently took apart my computer cabels and moved it - now while setting up i see 2 hdmi do i plug straight into the graphic card or into the circuit board. i want the best and dont want to do anything stupid please help me out. Thank you...
  9. 2 HDMI Ports, One isn't working.

2 HDMI Ports, One isn't working.: Hello, recently I have received a new monitor for my PC. My computer has 2 HDMI ports, so I plugged one in from my new monitor. There was no signal on the monitor. I have read some articles, and they haven't been much help. I have a GTX 1050 Ti....
  10. my hdmi on my graphics card is the only hdmi port that works. I need two for a monitor to...

my hdmi on my graphics card is the only hdmi port that works. I need two for a monitor to...: my hdmi on my graphics card is the only hdmi port that works. I need two for a monitor to set up rift. There are two other hdmi ports available. Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 hdmi ports only one works

2. hdmi port not working on i buypower

3. my pc has 2 hdmi ports but only one works

4. i have 2 hdmi ports but only 1 works,
  5. Two hdmi ports but only one works,
  6. Computer came with 2 HDMI ports but only one works.,
  7. have two separate hdmi ports but onlu one works,
  8. why does xps computer have only one hdmi port,
  9. i have 2 hdmi ports,
  10. why does only 1 hdmi port work,
  11. 2 hdmi ports on pc only 1 works,