Windows 10: I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and...

Discus and support I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have 2 laptops and 2 pcs all of which have windows 10 installed, reason is I am changing to new PC's that are able to use windows 11. I accidentally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by gm3suz, Jul 31, 2021.

1. gm3suz Win User

I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and...

I have 2 laptops and 2 pcs all of which have windows 10 installed, reason is I am changing to new PC's that are able to use windows 11. I accidentally deleted my user account on my new laptop, thinking it was a secondary account and now I cannot log on. When I try to log on it says password not recognised and it will not let me reset my password, I am effectively logged out. I tried using the help robot on microsoft's help page, there is a procedure for resetting the password but how do I select my laptop from the other 3 devices which are working OK ? Need help as I want to sell my old PC an

:)

gm3suz, Jul 31, 2021

2. Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, Jul 31, 2021
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Jul 31, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and... :(

Zakin, Jul 31, 2021
Thema:

1. I have 2 laptops and 2 PC's all with windows 10, I accidentally deleted my user account and... - Similar Threads - laptops PC's accidentally

2. Having 2 accounts in Users.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 2 accounts in Users.: Basically, I have 2 accounts in my users folder, my main one called 'beebo' and another one called my real name. The real name one only has 1 folder which is Minecraft and the other one called beebo has all my files. I tried to rename my user account but I didn't do it right...
  3. Having 2 accounts in Users.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 2 accounts in Users.: Basically, I have 2 accounts in my users folder, my main one called 'beebo' and another one called my real name. The real name one only has 1 folder which is Minecraft and the other one called beebo has all my files. I tried to rename my user account but I didn't do it right...
  4. Having 2 accounts in Users.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I accidentally deleted my standard PS/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my standard PS/2 keyboard: I accidentally delete my standard ps/2 keyboard driverPlease help me , i reboot my pc and doing everything but driver didn't reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-my-standard-ps2-keyboard/6fc55660-2c7c-4ed4-ade3-45786ae9c8ed
  6. I accidentally deleted my standard PS/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted my standard PS/2 keyboard: I accidentally delete my standard ps/2 keyboard driverPlease help me , i reboot my pc and doing everything but driver didn't reinstall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-deleted-my-standard-ps2-keyboard/6fc55660-2c7c-4ed4-ade3-45786ae9c8ed
  7. I accidentally deleted my standard PS/2 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop: I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. I accidentally deleted my user account thinking I was deleting a guests account. Now when I try to log in I get the message wrong password entered, please try again. I have tried every password I can think of but I seem to be...
  9. I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    I accidentally deleted my user account and cannot log on to my laptop: I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. I accidentally deleted my user account thinking I was deleting a guests account. Now when I try to log in I get the message wrong password entered, please try again. I have tried every password I can think of but I seem to be...
  10. I accidentally created 2 users in WIN 10- How to delete one safely

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I accidentally created 2 users in WIN 10- How to delete one safely: By mistake I created "george" (Admin) and "georg" as 2 users on my PC windows 10. How do I get rid of "georg" properly since trying to delete "georg" is causing issues with File history and other settings? 96465