Windows 10: I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3

Discus and support I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Display settings are showing 3 monitors when I only have 2. This was not a problem till I updated my Nvidia drivers now the screen that apps open on is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by hedgehogg, Mar 5, 2018.

1. hedgehogg Win User

I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3

Display settings are showing 3 monitors when I only have 2. This was not a problem till I updated my Nvidia drivers now the screen that apps open on is the one I cant see. (I had to disconnect the 2nd Monitor to get to chrome to write this and display tells me I have 2 screens but I don't)

I now am on the one screen cos as soon as I plug the other one I can't do anything

:)

hedgehogg, Mar 5, 2018

2. I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3

Upon researching from my end, it could be a bug, however, it is also possible that the on-board graphics card in the BIOS is still active causing the system to recognize that as a 3rd monitor. To address this, I suggest that you first start your PC in safe
    mode, and check if the 3rd monitor goes away. Here is an article for your reference.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you disable the on-board graphics card in the BIOS. To do so, you need to enter the BIOS at startup, disable the on-board graphics card from the BIOS, and then the problem should go away. Should you need further assistance
    regarding the BIOS, kindly contact the manufacturer to avoid further issues.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Mar 5, 2018
  3. I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3

Removed from Devices and printers and it is still there

DaveSeymour1, Mar 5, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Try uninstalling the driver. Then, let Windows install the default driver & see what happens.
    HTH,
    —Ed—

EdTittel, Mar 5, 2018
  5. hedgehogg Win User
    Ok done that but still seeing 2 screens

I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3 [​IMG]

hedgehogg, Mar 5, 2018
  6. hedgehogg Win User
    Got 2 screens back now by clicking extend. but need to get rid of screen 1 as it doesn't exist

hedgehogg, Mar 5, 2018
  7. What is the PC, laptop, desktop, tablet etc? What connections are you using, HDMI, DVI, etc?
    What is listed for display 1 if you select it? Screen shot please.

alphanumeric, Mar 7, 2018
  8. hedgehogg Win User

One monitor is connected via display port the other by DVI Alienware PC (Desktop)

hedgehogg, Mar 12, 2018
  9. Ok, was just wondering if you had an active adapter in there some place that might be messing things up. One of your ports "thinks" a monitor is connected for some reason? Maybe go into device manager and see if you can delete or uninstall that monitor.

alphanumeric, Mar 12, 2018
  10. hedgehogg Win User
    Ok uninstalled the 'Generic' one from device manager and it still sees 3
    BTW This is no longer a big problem as thing are working fine BUT it is the principal of the thing *Smile

hedgehogg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I have 2 monitors but display is showing 3 - Similar Threads - monitors display showing

2. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  3. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected: I bought a dual HDMI splitter I have 3 monitors laptop including as 1 monitor when I select settings to the multiple displays, the computer only recognizes 2 monitors. it then proceeds to have my two screen monitors mirror each other while having my lapton monitor screen as...
  4. 2 display showing when I have 3 monitors connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display settings claims i have 3 monitors detected when i only have 2 plugged in, this...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings claims i have 3 monitors detected when i only have 2 plugged in, this...: i have zero clue where "monitor 2 " is coming from and it wont let me drag my mouse right to go from monitor 3 to monitor 1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-settings-claims-i-have-3-monitors-detected/9378a3d3-9492-4502-824e-02c3dc18395b
  6. With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2": Prior to 2 days ago, I was using an LG CX 55" OLED TV plus an LG Ultragear monitor setup. The Ultragear is for gaming at my desk, while the OLED is strictly for gaming in bed. With that initial setup, I was able to disable the Ultragear when I wanted to game strictly on the...
  7. With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2"

With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2": Prior to 2 days ago, I was using an LG CX 55" OLED TV plus an LG Ultragear monitor setup. The Ultragear is for gaming at my desk, while the OLED is strictly for gaming in bed. With that initial setup, I was able to disable the Ultragear when I wanted to game strictly on the...
  8. With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2": Prior to 2 days ago, I was using an LG CX 55" OLED TV plus an LG Ultragear monitor setup. The Ultragear is for gaming at my desk, while the OLED was strictly for gaming in bed. With that initial setup, I was able to disable the Ultragear when I wanted to game strictly on the...
  9. With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2"

With 3 monitor setup, I no longer have the option to "show only on 1 or 2": Prior to 2 days ago, I was using an LG CX 55" OLED TV plus an LG Ultragear monitor setup. The Ultragear is for gaming at my desk, while the OLED was strictly for gaming in bed. With that initial setup, I was able to disable the Ultragear when I wanted to game strictly on the...
  10. I can't get Monitors 2 and 3 to display.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't get Monitors 2 and 3 to display.: Under Advanced Display Settings, I get a message that says, "Display 2 isn't active". How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-get-monitors-2-and-3-to-display/70a5ba7b-ecf6-446d-9e27-3aa34f24cc1f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2 monitors showing 3 display