Windows 10: I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete?

Discus and support I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MahvinK [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l70myu/i_have_2_onenote_which_one_i_need_to_delete/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MahvinK, Jan 28, 2021.

1. I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete?

/u/MahvinK, Jan 28, 2021

2. Deleting OneNote pages

To delete a page from OneNote you can follow the below steps.

• In the "all pages" view find the page you want to delete
    • press and hold on the page
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    OR

• Open the section having the page to be deleted.
    • press and hold on the page which needs to be deleted
    • And press the "delete" option shown
    Hope this helps.

J. Hari Krishna Reddy, Jan 28, 2021
  3. GFD
    gfd Win User
    OneNote Delete

Thanks guys,

I tried the cache thing, but when I ran OneNote /safeboot, it just opened the program with no option to clear the cache. I was about to reinstall both versions of OneNote, but decided to have one more look.

I was still concerned about deleting the cache folder, so I read this page, which gave me the impression the world wouldn't come to an end if I did:

Where is the OneNote cache location? How to clear the OneNote Cache?

After a restart, that got rid of any data or pages associated with the left over notebooks. But they were still showing up, even though they were greyed out. I found a YouTube video about deleting notebooks:

At the 2:30 mark, the author pointed out that the notebooks have to be closed. After all that, the old notebooks were gone.

So, here's the process, as I understand it:
    -turn off sync for the notebooks
    -delete the notebooks on the local drive and/or OneDrive (check any location where they might exist)
    -open settings > Save and Backup. Note the location of the cache file. Close OneNote. Navigate there and delete the cache. Also delete backups. It won't delete any existing notebooks and I suspect the cache will be rebuilt and backups will continue to be created.
    -restart OneNote. Right click on the dead notebooks and close them (yes this is necessary)
    -go to the recent list and delete the dead notebooks

I'm an MS fan, but Microsoft should be embarrassed. How many people would be using Office if it took that kind of effort to delete a Word or Excel document.

I know this is verbose, but hopefully it will help others.

Graham

4. bkaye Win User

I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete?

OneNote - delete a page...

Found answer....

To delete a notebook from your phone

1 On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Office .

2 Flick to OneNote, and then tap All .

3 Tap Refresh to sync any pending changes.

4 Tap Notebooks > Delete , and then tap the notebook to delete.

5 Tap Yes in the Delete notebook from phone? message box.

The OneNote notebook will be deleted on your phone. If the notebook is stored on Windows Live SkyDrive or shared on SharePoint Server 2010, the copy of the notebook won't be deleted from the server.

bkaye, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete?

1. I have 2 OneNote, which one I need to delete? - Similar Threads - OneNote need delete

2. I have a family group with 2 organisers on it. I am trying to delete one of them but the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a family group with 2 organisers on it. I am trying to delete one of them but the...: I have tried to test this out by deleting another organiser there were 3 on the account and it worked. So I re-added them back in. But it won't let me delete a specific organiser. I get the following message :'You'll need to remove consent firstUnderneath the options menu for...
  3. I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary which i want to remove. But before that I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary which i want to remove. But before that I...: I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary gmail which i want to remove. But before that I want to set the 2nd one outlook account as primary. I am unable to do it. i dont see any link to set it as primary on the laptop in settings/ accounts / Email and accounts OR on...
  4. I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary which i want to remove. But before that I...

I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary which i want to remove. But before that I...: I have 2 accounts set as alias. One is primary gmail which i want to remove. But before that I want to set the 2nd one outlook account as primary. I am unable to do it. i dont see any link to set it as primary on the laptop in settings/ accounts / Email and accounts OR on...
  5. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 2 cursors with one flickering: I have 2 cursors on my screen. One is stationary and I have no control over and a 2nd that I have trouble controlling that is continually flickering. Also when I move the cursor a 2nd window appears and sometimes i have no control over my laptop. Please help....
  6. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 cursors with one flickering: I have 2 cursors on my screen. One is stationary and I have no control over and a 2nd that I have trouble controlling that is continually flickering. Also when I move the cursor a 2nd window appears and sometimes i have no control over my laptop. Please help....
  7. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

8. how do i delete onenote

how do i delete onenote: how do I delete onenote https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-onenote/f0f84487-26a9-4312-accd-e8676d671381
  9. I have 2 OneNote apps in my Start menu!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    I have 2 OneNote apps in my Start menu!: Hello all, I have 2 OneNote apps in All apps. One is looking like the normal app but the other one looks like a pending to download one. How can i remove the pending one? When i click on it, it takes me to the Store. But there is no update in the Store all i get is a blank...
  10. Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help! I have too many partitions and I dont know which ones I need: I have only one HDD in my laptop, and it has far too many partitions. There are a few I recognise, such as C: and two more wich were made when I dual booted Chrome OS. Now I am trying to triple boot Linux Ubuntu as well, but when faced with the option of which partition to...