Windows 10: I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

Discus and support I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any data because I have no hdd to backup. How can I do that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SOMVIT MAITY, Apr 20, 2024.

1. I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any data because I have no hdd to backup. How can I do that?

:)

SOMVIT MAITY, Apr 20, 2024
  2. tf2029 Win User

How to convert RAW partition to NTFS partition.

Thanks for your reply. Apparently the convert drive to NTFS doesn't work when the drive is RAW. After following your instructions in step 2 I get message "convert is not available for RAW drives.

Any suggestions?

tf2029, Apr 20, 2024
  3. Dvij Win User
    converting extention of partition from ext4 to ntfs

i have 3 drives one is C,D and E in which i had installed ubuntu with ext4 extenstion now i no longer want ubuntu and want to use that space for windows but E drive partition is showing free space in my disk management and have no option to format please
    what to do now and i have 600 gb of data in my D drive and dont want to loose it so full format is not an option for me

4. I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

converting extention of partition from ext4 to ntfs

Hello,

There are several ways to format a disk partition in Windows 10. If the
    option to format your disk drive is unavailable whether on the
    File Explorer or in Disk Management, we suggest
    formatting the drive using the Command Prompt. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type cmd
      and click the first result.
    • Type diskpart and hit Enter to open
      Command Prompt;
    • Type list volume and hit Enter.
    • Type select volume e and hit Enter.
    • Type format fs=ntfs and hit Enter.
    • After this, type exit and hit
      Enter
      to finish the format process.

Once done, let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 20, 2024
Thema:

I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

1. I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any... - Similar Threads - partitions ext4 convert

2. I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...: I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any data because I have no hdd to backup. How can I do that?...
  3. I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any...: I have 2 partitions of ext4, I want to convert it to NTFS permanently without loosing any data because I have no hdd to backup. How can I do that?...
  4. How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?: I just open my laptop and suddenly it wont boot up. It goes to BSOD then advance boot options and just loops until forever. I found out my SSD is the problem.I tried plugging my SSD into another laptop using external enclosure and it only detects the SSD for a moment then...
  5. How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert RAW SSD to NTFS without losing data?: I just open my laptop and suddenly it wont boot up. It goes to BSOD then advance boot options and just loops until forever. I found out my SSD is the problem.I tried plugging my SSD into another laptop using external enclosure and it only detects the SSD for a moment then...
  6. Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows wants a partition formatted as NTFS: I currently only have a MAC so after building my new computer I made a USB to install Windows 10 Home. Everything was going fine until I received an error which brought me back to the start. Once I got back to the page where you select where to install windows, 3 partitions...
  7. How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I convert an NTFS external HDD to exFAT without formatting: Pretty self explanatory. I want to use my external HDD on more devices, like Macs, but I know OSX or Ubuntu Linux can't read or write to NTFS drives. I just want to know if it's possible to convert it from NTFS to exFAT without formatting the thing, and if it is I want to...
  8. My External hdd is converted to ext3-ext4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My External hdd is converted to ext3-ext4: Hi hope this is the right place and someone can help. I had to convert my external hdd to ext3 ext4 in order to use with a zgemma box but I now want my hdd back to normal by formating it but my PC doesn't recognise it I done a long search on Google but no joy so I would...
  9. Convert FAT32 to NTFS without Data Loss in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert FAT32 to NTFS without Data Loss in Windows: How to: Convert FAT32 to NTFS without Data Loss in Windows How to Convert FAT32 to NTFS without Data Loss in Windows [img] Information FAT32 (File Address Table 32) and NTFS (New Technology File System) are two different file systems that can be used to format a...
  10. Convert NTFS to FAT32 without Data Loss in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Convert NTFS to FAT32 without Data Loss in Windows: How to: Convert NTFS to FAT32 without Data Loss in Windows How to Convert NTFS to FAT32 without Data Loss in Windows [img] Information FAT32 (File Address Table 32) and NTFS (New Technology File System) are two different file systems that can be used to format a...