Windows 10: I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in

Discus and support I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have turned off the security in windows 10 to allow the user to use apps without admin permission and 2 developed in house still ask for an admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marlene1020, Apr 27, 2020.

1. I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in

I have turned off the security in windows 10 to allow the user to use apps without admin permission and 2 developed in house still ask for an admin username and password. I have given authenticated users full access to the program folders for these programs, told the shortcut to run as admin and still these last 2 apps will not run. I have not run into this on any other pc that I've installed programs on before. Now I am worried about updating the rest of the computers I have to Windows 10. Can someone tell me how to get around this?

:)

marlene1020, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Apr 27, 2020
  4. I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in

Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control

to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in

1. I have 2 programs that won't allow user to run without an admin signing in - Similar Threads - programs won't allow

2. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  3. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow program to run with admin rights.: Hello, I have an app that I want to let users run on a windows 10 device but each time it is open it prompts for admin override. How can I allow every user on the computer to be able to use this program? I have already went into security and ensured that everyone had full...
  4. Allow program to run with admin rights.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Allow account to run a program as admin without needing my password or admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allow account to run a program as admin without needing my password or admin: Hello! I have someone else who uses my computer and had a standard account, but they've been having trouble running a game, as it needs to launch as admin and requires my password everytime. I've tried using the task scheduler workaround but that didn't work, and I was...
  6. Running a program with admin rights, without user knowing the credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Running a program with admin rights, without user knowing the credentials: Hi there is it possible to have a user run a program with admin rights, without manually adding the credentials everytime the program is run? A company just told me because the program runs with admin credentials it works and we need to do it that way. The user is already a...
  7. Allow program to run without administrator privileges

Allow program to run without administrator privileges: I have a program that I want a user in my "users" group to be able to run, but I don't want to put the user in the "Administrators" group. The program currently requires elevation to run. Can I remove this? I have given the "users" group full control of the folder that the...
  8. Programs running in Buit in Admin account but not in User Account having admin privileges

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs running in Buit in Admin account but not in User Account having admin privileges: Hi Support Team I am facing an issue for programs running properly in Built in Admin User Account however not in Self created User account having admin privileges. This issue occurs with many programs like 1. i Have to run many programs Setups .exe through cmd as...
  9. run a program as local admin without the user knowing

in Windows 10 Customization
    run a program as local admin without the user knowing: Good afternoon! I have an application that requires local admin rights to run. However, I don't want to give blanket local admin rights to the end users running the app. Is there a good way to RunAs for only this application without the end user being aware of the privilege...
  10. Programs run without user permission.

Programs run without user permission.: I apologize for the text on bad English. I'm not from England. Briefly. I constantly see that the programs are started and run: Calculator, Microsoft Text Input Application, Options, Edge browser, Search. My computer has a daily security update. This is a gaming home...