Windows 10: I have 2 SSDs i just to do a SWAP any help ?

Discus and support I have 2 SSDs i just to do a SWAP any help ? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have 2 SSDs i just to do a SWAP any help ? [img] 146765 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Hoolm, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Hoolm Win User

I have 2 SSDs i just to do a SWAP any help ?

I have 2 SSDs i just to do a SWAP any help ? [​IMG]

:)

Hoolm, Dec 19, 2019
  2. ddgm91 Win User

Swapping SSDs in 2 Computers

After reading the supplied link, I went through the recommended steps and it shows " Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" on both PCs.I guess I just have to have the fortitude to make the SSD swap. Still, a little leary of doing it. I suppose what I'm really looking for is confirmation that it's going to be fool proof.

ddgm91, Dec 19, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Dec 19, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool I have 2 SSDs i just to do a SWAP any help ? :cool:

jmcslob, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. I have 2 SSDs i just to do a SWAP any help ? - Similar Threads - SSDs SWAP help

2. 2 ssds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 ssds: Hi. My pc is showing 2 ssds but I only have 1 ssd. How can i get rid of this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-ssds/6eaec8db-61a6-4e48-86da-fe7170c83e69
  3. 2 ssds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 ssds: Hi. My pc is showing 2 ssds but I only have 1 ssd. How can i get rid of this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-ssds/6eaec8db-61a6-4e48-86da-fe7170c83e69
  4. 2 ssds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Swap SSDs Between Old and New PC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swap SSDs Between Old and New PC?: I currently have a PC with Windows 10 on a 1 TB SSD. I’m about to receive a new PC which has only a 500 GB SSD. Both my current PC and the new PC I am about to receive are/will be running Windows 10 which is loaded on their respective SSDs. What I want to do is swap the SSDs....
  6. Swapping SSDs between laptop and desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping SSDs between laptop and desktop: I'm looking to swap the SSD from my laptop (512GB) with the SSD in my desktop (256GB). Both have windows already installed and contain different files. I'm having a tough time figuring out whether or not this will work, so any advice would be appreciated! Create a clone of...
  7. Having windows on 2 SSDs on the same laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having windows on 2 SSDs on the same laptop: I have a SSD and a HDD on my laptop. My SSD is my boot drive. It began to fail. I used the program crystaldiskinfo and found it had 30% life left. It took forever to load and was often crashing to desktop. I bought a new SSD and installed it to my laptop. It would not boot...
  8. Crashed 2 ssds with 2 seperate windows instalations pls help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crashed 2 ssds with 2 seperate windows instalations pls help: Hey guys and gals, My father needed a new windows instalation since his old ssd is broken. So I got a new ssd and since I dont got his pc in my house I thought I install Windows just on the ssd and then send it to him. Since I am at University and I get several windows keys...
  9. 2 SSDs

2 SSDs: Hello Here is the mather. I have 2 SSDs. One is 250go ( where everything is automaticly installed) and another one is 1000go. I would like to transfert everything on my 1TO because the 250Go is 3/4 full. I saw couple of tutorials about images on this forum but it was 2017...
  10. Swapping SSDs in 2 Computers

Swapping SSDs in 2 Computers: I have 2 PCs No. 1 is a i7 920 12 GB Ram and 256 GB SSD running Windows 10 Pro Insider Fast Ring 1809 Ver. 17751.1 No. 2 is i7 3770 32 GB Ram and 256 SSD running Windows 10 Home Insider Skippy 1803 Ver. 18219.1 I would like to swap the SSDs between them so the Windows 10...