Windows 10: I have 2 temp folders?

Discus and support I have 2 temp folders? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, when I type %temp% it brings me to appdata\local\temp but I also have a temp in Windows\temp that I can find by going to my C drive and clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tqkend, Dec 7, 2022.

1. Tqkend Win User

I have 2 temp folders?

So, when I type %temp% it brings me to appdata\local\temp but I also have a temp in Windows\temp that I can find by going to my C drive and clicking allow access permanently. Is this normal? They both contain different things and are not identical. Also, is clicking allow access permanently for the windows\temp okay?

:)

Tqkend, Dec 7, 2022
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

about temp folder

Hi Hector,

The temp folder provides work space for programs. Yes they can be deleted. We suggest that you follow the steps provided by Sangeeta Sarkar on how to delete Temp files on this

link
    . You may also type in the search box Disk Cleanup and hit enter. It will evaluate your disk and give you a list of folders sizes that can be deleted.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Dec 7, 2022
  3. OneDrive Temp Folder

Hi,

Thank you contacting Microsoft Community.

• What is the size of both OneDrive and OneDrive Temp folder?
    • Is all files syncing to OneDrive Temp folder or any specific files/folders?
    Get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Sudheendra S, Dec 7, 2022
  4. I have 2 temp folders?

These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

Windows help & learning

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

Disk cleanup in Windows - Microsoft Support

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 7, 2022
Thema:

I have 2 temp folders?

1. I have 2 temp folders? - Similar Threads - temp folders

2. Temp folder related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp folder related: I want to know a question is it safe to delete temporary files from %temp% and temporarily folder in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-related/9fd97a9b-5c9b-4603-a702-c1aa50c2bd83
  3. Temp folder related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp folder related: I want to know a question is it safe to delete temporary files from %temp% and temporarily folder in windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-folder-related/9fd97a9b-5c9b-4603-a702-c1aa50c2bd83
  4. I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.: It appears every day in my temp folder i have looked on the internet and found no information about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-loads-of-files-in-my-temp-folder-called/a88a099a-3b49-45ce-93f9-bf183d780b26
  5. I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.

I have loads of files in my temp folder called importer_7_ then a bunch of letters.: It appears every day in my temp folder i have looked on the internet and found no information about it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-loads-of-files-in-my-temp-folder-called/a88a099a-3b49-45ce-93f9-bf183d780b26
  6. 0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...: I just got a new pc and when I went to download Microsoft net I received this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070660-the-temp-folder-is-on-a-drive-that-is/ddf031ab-b77f-435e-b4d6-611743c5a72c
  7. 0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...

0x80070660 the Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. free up space on...: I just got a new pc and when I went to download Microsoft net I received this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0x80070660-the-temp-folder-is-on-a-drive-that-is/ddf031ab-b77f-435e-b4d6-611743c5a72c
  8. Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...: Hi, my name is Thomas and I am having an issue installing Microsoft .NET framework 6.0 or later on my PC. I am trying to play a game on steam and it requires .NET Desktop Runtime, Architecture: x64, App host version: 6.0.18. This is a brand new PC my specs are below. I am...
  9. Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...

Error Code 0x80070660 - The Temp folder is on a drive that is full or is inaccessible. Free...: Hi, my name is Thomas and I am having an issue installing Microsoft .NET framework 6.0 or later on my PC. I am trying to play a game on steam and it requires .NET Desktop Runtime, Architecture: x64, App host version: 6.0.18. This is a brand new PC my specs are below. I am...
  10. Strange patch.js file in temp folder.

Strange patch.js file in temp folder.: hello, I found a strange file in my temp folder named patch.js I have scanned it with 2 different antivirus software's but it doesn't find anything malicious the 2 antiviruses are Malwarebytes and Norton security ultra I delete it but after a while it seems to come back after...