Windows 10: I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other.

Discus and support I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Say Rhonda has a rhino display pic and Brett has a bird. Every 1-2 days, when I turn on the PC or wake it from sleep, Rhonda's display pic has become... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by xcknbzodrfibjzdlkcvxn, May 8, 2020.

1. I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other.

Say Rhonda has a rhino display pic and Brett has a bird. Every 1-2 days, when I turn on the PC or wake it from sleep, Rhonda's display pic has become the bird. I go into the user accounts and re-select her rhino as her display. Then, a day or so later, Brett now has the rhino, and I have to go in and re-select his pic as well. It continues like this. Is there a setting or bug to fix so this doesn't happen???

I'm using Windows 10. Both are administrator accounts. I logged out of each account after changing the display pics to save the setting; then, I normally just switch users. One is the account I use for work and the other for play, so I am switching between the accounts usually only once a day.

:)

xcknbzodrfibjzdlkcvxn, May 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 8, 2020
  3. Problem with user accounts.

Hi Shubham,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Initially, I suggest you to run the Microsoft account troubleshooter.

Microsoft Account Troubleshooter

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/microsoftaccounts.diagcab

Step 2:

Now try to switch from Microsoft account to Local account and check.

Refer to these steps to convert Microsoft account into Local User account:

• Click on Windows button, then click on
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts then click on
      Your account

• Click on Sign in with a local account instead.

• Following the Online instructions.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, May 8, 2020
  4. I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other.

anyone seeing their MS account thumbnail pic not displaying tonight ?

In store app our family user accounts usually have the associated pic of that person in the top right. Noticed tonight on all our machines the pic is now just generic grey. It's not loading the thumbnail. It's a bit of a mix really. some user accounts it's still there, for others it is not. And it's not consistent across PCs, on one mine is generic grey, but on the other pc my pic displays. Guess because it's cached or something. All accounts are logged in. I notice the generic pic is there in some other apps like weather too and even the default MS homepage in edge. Anyone else see the same? I’m guessing something on MS end is not talking at the moment. It's a minor thing but just looks a bit lame and doesn't help my OCD tendencies! Never a quiet time with Windows 10, always something is malfunctioning!

I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other. [​IMG]

Scottyboy99, May 8, 2020
Thema:

I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other.

1. I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other. - Similar Threads - user accounts display

2. Two laptops on one MS account - how not to overwrite each other?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two laptops on one MS account - how not to overwrite each other?: I have two laptops. One for school and one for gaming. I use for both the same MS account. Second for gaming was purchased later on. When I configured it, all settings from this machine, incl. desktop, was transferred on the school laptop. I don't want it. I want to keep them...
  3. Two laptops on one MS account - how not to overwrite each other?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two laptops on one MS account - how not to overwrite each other?: I have two laptops. One for school and one for gaming. I use for both the same MS account. Second for gaming was purchased later on. When I configured it, all settings from this machine, incl. desktop, was transferred on the school laptop. I don't want it. I want to keep them...
  4. Having 2 accounts in Users.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having 2 accounts in Users.: Basically, I have 2 accounts in my users folder, my main one called 'beebo' and another one called my real name. The real name one only has 1 folder which is Minecraft and the other one called beebo has all my files. I tried to rename my user account but I didn't do it right...
  5. Having 2 accounts in Users.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having 2 accounts in Users.: Basically, I have 2 accounts in my users folder, my main one called 'beebo' and another one called my real name. The real name one only has 1 folder which is Minecraft and the other one called beebo has all my files. I tried to rename my user account but I didn't do it right...
  6. Having 2 accounts in Users.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleted Admin Account and I have no other User Account: I have a Windows 10 laptop. I had not used my laptop for a month and they screen read password had expired. Since I had forgotten the password so I was not able to set a new password. I did the whole password reset process- System image recovery - utilman account...
  8. I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have 2 user accounts and their display pics continually overwrite each other.: Say Rhonda has a rhino display pic and Brett has a bird. Every 1-2 days, when I turn on the PC or wake it from sleep, Rhonda's display pic has become the bird. I go into the user accounts and re-select her rhino as her display. Then, a day or so later, Brett now has the...
  9. 2 languages in a battle with each other

in Windows 10 Support
    2 languages in a battle with each other: Hallo all, after searching help from anywere: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 - Windows 10 Forums In the control panel I found both languages set and combine together: I used this step guide: 1. Control panel 2. part Clock and region 3. Region -...
  10. 2 languages in a battle with each othere

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2 languages in a battle with each othere: Hallo all, after searching help from anywere: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 - Windows 10 Forums In the control panel I found both languages set and combine together: I used this step guide: 1. Control panel 2. part Clock and region 3. Region -...