Windows 10: I have 2 windows 10 HP Laptops that have lost partial keyboard functions after windows did...

Discus and support I have 2 windows 10 HP Laptops that have lost partial keyboard functions after windows did... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 HP Laptops that have lost partial keyboard functions after windows did updates on 3/3/2020, it seems to only be on the login screen. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TimSears2, Mar 5, 2020.

1. TimSears2 Win User

I have 2 windows 10 HP Laptops that have lost partial keyboard functions after windows did...

I have 2 HP Laptops that have lost partial keyboard functions after windows did updates on 3/3/2020, it seems to only be on the login screen. the keyboard functions fine for hitting ctrl alt del, but when the login comes up you can not type any letters but it will let you type numbers.

I have tried to use external keyboards and they have the exact same issues. the same with the on screen keyboard, the numbers work but nothing else does.

Both pc's are on a domain so system restore will not work for them I have tried turning off fast boot, and that did not work either. they are encrypted and it will not allow me to boot to safemode either. I am at a loss.

:)

TimSears2, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

I have 2 windows 10 HP Laptops that have lost partial keyboard functions after windows did...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

1. I have 2 windows 10 HP Laptops that have lost partial keyboard functions after windows did... - Similar Threads - Laptops lost partial

2. I have a hp laptop and i have windows 11 on it. After a update named cumulative.... My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a hp laptop and i have windows 11 on it. After a update named cumulative.... My...: And update popped on the taskbar and i clicked it and then clicked update and shutdown. But now that i want to turn windows on it doesnt boot and says perparing automatic repair and goes to a place named choose your keyboard layout. What should i do to fix my pc and get it...
  3. I have a hp laptop and i have windows 11 on it. After a update named cumulative.... My...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a hp laptop and i have windows 11 on it. After a update named cumulative.... My...: And update popped on the taskbar and i clicked it and then clicked update and shutdown. But now that i want to turn windows on it doesnt boot and says perparing automatic repair and goes to a place named choose your keyboard layout. What should i do to fix my pc and get it...
  4. I have just purchased an HP Laptop. All keyboard keys are functioning except for the letter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have just purchased an HP Laptop. All keyboard keys are functioning except for the letter...: I have just purchased an HP Laptop. All keyboard keys are functioning except for the letter keys. How do I resolve this issue. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-just-purchased-an-hp-laptop-all-keyboard/4c31e2df-2909-4762-8510-ecea6fc5345b
  5. I have just purchased an HP Laptop. All keyboard keys are functioning except for the letter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have just purchased an HP Laptop. All keyboard keys are functioning except for the letter...: I have just purchased an HP Laptop. All keyboard keys are functioning except for the letter keys. How do I resolve this issue. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-just-purchased-an-hp-laptop-all-keyboard/4c31e2df-2909-4762-8510-ecea6fc5345b
  6. I have a HP G7 laptop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a HP G7 laptop on Windows 10: I have HP G7 laptop on Windows 7 my AV receiver I get DTS audio , Dolby Digital Plus Dolby truehd and Dolby Digital put on Windows 10 on the same Hardware I only get DTS audio and Dolby Digital this is running through an HDMI connection to my AV receiver I would like to know...
  7. I have 2 laptops listed??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have 2 laptops listed??: I've had nothing but problems with my HP Windows 10 laptop. It was working fine and then all of a sudden I started getting error messages and some of my programs won't open. When I click on the programs they look like they are going to open then they disappear. I went into...
  8. I have lost resizing of windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have lost resizing of windows: I have lost the ability to resize windows. When I click on the Restore icon on right of the title bar of the window nothing happens. LOGO-D, which should be the short-cut to move the window to the back, has no effect. When I hold down the left-click on the title bar, the...
  9. I have windows 10 and have lost my spell checker?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have windows 10 and have lost my spell checker?: I have windows 10 and have lost my spell checker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-windows-10-and-have-lost-my-spell-checker/0011b7e6-4ed8-453f-ad97-098a99e539b7
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade only partially functional

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Upgrade only partially functional: I just finished trying to upgrade my HP Pavillion to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. The upgrade completed, but my taskbar is unresponsive (currently only the Windows icon, search and task view buttons are on it, and none respond to clicking). Shortly after...