Windows 10: I have 2 Windows10 devices, one with the default and one Pro version ->

Discus and support I have 2 Windows10 devices, one with the default and one Pro version -> in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Can i somehow transfer the Pro "key" to the other model and activate the base key on the other permanently?Both keys aren't "upgrade" versions, i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ilikeittoride, Apr 18, 2022.

1. I have 2 Windows10 devices, one with the default and one Pro version ->

Can i somehow transfer the Pro "key" to the other model and activate the base key on the other permanently?Both keys aren't "upgrade" versions, i bought both Systems with the said version.[moved from de-de]

:)

ilikeittoride, Apr 18, 2022
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done I have 2 Windows10 devices, one with the default and one Pro version -> :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 18, 2022
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Advice required - Post Upgrade - Suspect Pro 2 is Bricked

Before try that, have tried resetting the UEFI options?

To reset the Surface Pro to the default UEFI settings, follow these steps:

• Press the Power button and the Volume Up button at same time while are starting the Surface Pro device.
    • Set Trusted Platform Module (TPM) to enabled.
    • Set Secure Boot Control to enabled.
    • Press Install Default Secure Boot keys.
    • Press Exit setup, and then save the changes.

4. I have 2 Windows10 devices, one with the default and one Pro version ->

Voice chat audio no longer comes through Default communication device (mic works fine)

Hi Samuel,

A factor why you're voice chat sounds goes through your speakers as well is due to configuration settings. We suggest that you configure playback devices. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound >
      Sound
    • Left-click on Speakers > Click on Set as Default Device.
    • Left-click on Headphones > Select Set as Default Communication Device.
    • Click OK.

If the issue still occurs, contact your device manufacturer's support for assistance on configuring your device.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Apr 18, 2022
Thema:

I have 2 Windows10 devices, one with the default and one Pro version ->

1. I have 2 Windows10 devices, one with the default and one Pro version -> - Similar Threads - Windows10 devices default

2. I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...: The topic says everything. With this my pc keeps crashing and sometimes I get a blue screen and I think this is the cause. Since both of them are in the same volume I can't delete one, can I? Do I have to format everything and reinstall windows or is there any other reason...
  3. I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 2 Windows 11 in one volume...: The topic says everything. With this my pc keeps crashing and sometimes I get a blue screen and I think this is the cause. Since both of them are in the same volume I can't delete one, can I? Do I have to format everything and reinstall windows or is there any other reason...
  4. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have 2 cursors with one flickering: I have 2 cursors on my screen. One is stationary and I have no control over and a 2nd that I have trouble controlling that is continually flickering. Also when I move the cursor a 2nd window appears and sometimes i have no control over my laptop. Please help....
  5. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 cursors with one flickering: I have 2 cursors on my screen. One is stationary and I have no control over and a 2nd that I have trouble controlling that is continually flickering. Also when I move the cursor a 2nd window appears and sometimes i have no control over my laptop. Please help....
  6. I have 2 cursors with one flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. install windows10 from one device to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install windows10 from one device to another: can windows10 be transferred from one devie to another if one of the the devices is malfunctioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-windows10-from-one-device-to-another/ee2f5289-976c-4828-b8ef-ae21fe7ed439
  8. I have 2 problems with windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 2 problems with windows10: 1. windows defender detects a program that I use as a virus. I deactivate windows defender but it is activated only every so often and it deletes it, I put the program in the exceptions folder but it is useless, the exceptions folder does not work, it is only visual. I need a...
  9. I have 2 problems with windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 2 problems with windows10: 1. windows defender detects a program that I use as a virus. I deactivate windows defender but it is activated only every so often and it deletes it, I put the program in the exceptions folder but it is useless, the exceptions folder does not work, it is only visual. I need a...
  10. If I buy an OEM version of win 10 pro will that one too be a 'one use'

in Windows 10 Support
    If I buy an OEM version of win 10 pro will that one too be a 'one use': ..Or will I be able to install it on the next computer I buy too? (will not have it active on old computer as it will be salvaged for parts) Any difference between Retail and OEM? 11987