Windows 10: I have 32 bit Windows7 Home Premium SP1 PC with Windows Media Player 12 planning to upgrade...

Discus and support I have 32 bit Windows7 Home Premium SP1 PC with Windows Media Player 12 planning to upgrade... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I know WMP 12 is not the default media player in Windows 10, and how to make WMP 12 the default. My concern is that since WMP 12 is not the default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RobertNeubert, Feb 10, 2020.

1. I have 32 bit Windows7 Home Premium SP1 PC with Windows Media Player 12 planning to upgrade...

I know WMP 12 is not the default media player in Windows 10, and how to make WMP 12 the default.

My concern is that since WMP 12 is not the default media player for Windows 10 Home that the upgrade would not carry over and preserve all of my numerous time consuming playlists and the underlying music files that have also gone through time consuming volume leveling processing for use in playlists. I have everything backed up on another drive in case this happens but do not know what or where all the underling files etc. that would have to be copied and pasted into Windows 10 WMP 12 to restore this function.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Robert Neubert

My email is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and I would be glad to pay you for your time and knowledge to get this done.

:)

RobertNeubert, Feb 10, 2020
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Feb 10, 2020
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Feb 10, 2020
  4. I have 32 bit Windows7 Home Premium SP1 PC with Windows Media Player 12 planning to upgrade...

Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

I have 32 bit Windows7 Home Premium SP1 PC with Windows Media Player 12 planning to upgrade...

1. I have 32 bit Windows7 Home Premium SP1 PC with Windows Media Player 12 planning to upgrade... - Similar Threads - bit Windows7 Home

2. what version of windows 7 is home premium sp1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what version of windows 7 is home premium sp1: what version of windows7 is home premium sp1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-version-of-windows-7-is-home-premium-sp1/cbcb64bc-dd38-4587-aed9-86730f022306
  3. what version of windows 7 is home premium sp1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what version of windows 7 is home premium sp1: what version of windows7 is home premium sp1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-version-of-windows-7-is-home-premium-sp1/cbcb64bc-dd38-4587-aed9-86730f022306
  4. Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit Upgrade iSO Download location?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit Upgrade iSO Download location?: Hi all, I have just fired up and old 3ghz Pentium 4 PC that has been in the shed for about 15 years. It has windows XP SP2 It has a DVD player and I was thinking of ripping some of my old DVDs to MP4. Every step has been problematic. To install a version of Handbrake software...
  5. Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10 Home: Have an irksome little issue that I'm wondering about concerning Media Player. I was doing some housekeeping of music files in my Media Player library, downloaded songs and some tracks that I'd slapped together myself, entering song details etc., and in the middle of doing...
  6. Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 32-bit Home edition media: I found another topic on this, but it was locked. I need to reinstall Windows, and I downloaded and ran the Windows Media Creation Tool but it never asked me which edition. I've been told that Home and Pro install from the same media (which is possible I guess, but I'm...
  7. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  8. Windows Media Player 12

Windows Media Player 12: I have a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed on it, have had MANY MANY problems, one of the biggest is with the Media Player which would NOT burn cd's for me. I finally just "uninstalled" it completely, been trying both iTunes and just direct burning via my dvd rw...
  9. media player 12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player 12: up until last Wednesday my media player was working now I cant open my media player 12 in windows 10 the following problem comes up "cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet" can you solve this problem for me please Ray...
  10. windows media player 12

windows media player 12: can someone tell me why windows media player 12 wont play youtube video's, it plays the audio side but not the video of it.. I had windows media player 11 in before the windows 10 update and now media player wont play the videos only audio.. need help here... 14082