Windows 10: I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager.

Discus and support I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] These XVD drives show up only in device manager and at the disk optimalization. When i disable them, they disappear from disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nietrze, Mar 2, 2020.

1. I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager.

I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager. 4W-ch4N5_Abah4Wo-KABO1zyOt0Egc8Wwlt7wg-fOaA.jpg

These XVD drives show up only in device manager and at the disk optimalization. When i disable them, they disappear from disk optimalization.

Their names:

\\?\Volume{3b88ac61-4924-3a22-4e8d-3c735624b12a}\ \\?\Volume{68f7e57c-6419-88e0-5f5a-c90c1a5bf2f9}\ \\?\Volume{76ab71b4-8031-fa79-ca5c-1557c53e3980}\ \\?\Volume{8304b5fe-28ec-ae6f-dfac-669c5d97ed5d}\

You can have a look at them here:

xvd drives

It looks like every "volume" is assingned for one xvd drive.

They status says: OK (Fragmented 0%) and they are hard disk drives.

And also, system properties say that this drive's GUID is different than GUID shown at disk optimalization:

GUID of these drives

Also, properties say that:

1st disk was installed on 15.06.2019 2nd disk was installed on 16.06.2019 3rd disk was installed on 16.06.2019 4th disk was installed on 16.06.2019

It's impotant to know that i've bought Xbox Game Pass on 14.06.2019 and i still have XGP.

When i enabled "show hidden devices" there was like more than 40 of these drives. (

Hidden Xvd drives

This is all that i know about this drives. I think that these drives are connected with Xbox Game Pass. Can i disable / uninstall them?

submitted by /u/nietrze
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nietrze, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Chilady Win User

No DVD-R drive in device manager or This PC after upgrading to Windows

Hi,

I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and since that time I don't have a DVD – R drive. I still have my DVD – RW, but the other drive is missing from the device manager and the computer list. What happened to it? What steps can I take to recover it.

Thank You!

Chilady, Mar 2, 2020
  3. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager. What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager.

Reenable drive in Device Manager Win 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The particular issue can be due to faulty drivers. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Unplug the External drive.
    2. Go to device manager and uninstall the drivers (also check for hidden drivers).
    3. Restart your computer and plug the drive once again.
    4. The drivers should install again and you should be able to use the drive.

Just to confirm that the external drive is working, please try to use it in a different computer or plug it in a different port.

Hope it helps.

Naresh_K, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager.

1. I have 4 Xvd drives in my device manager. - Similar Threads - Xvd drives device

2. I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise 2019 to 2021 LTSC Enterprise.After the Upgrade I noticed that there were 4 removable disks in my Task Manager PTab, is this normal?...
  3. I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 4 Removal Disks in my Task Manager Performance tab: I recently upgraded from Windows 10 LTSC Enterprise 2019 to 2021 LTSC Enterprise.After the Upgrade I noticed that there were 4 removable disks in my Task Manager PTab, is this normal?...
  4. I have 4 errors in device manager that appeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 4 errors in device manager that appeared.: At other devices tab: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-4-errors-in-device-manager-that-appeared/ff1f3e20-c657-46dc-b10e-b125718eb683
  5. I have 4 errors in device manager that appeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 4 errors in device manager that appeared.: At other devices tab: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-4-errors-in-device-manager-that-appeared/ff1f3e20-c657-46dc-b10e-b125718eb683
  6. I have an error 28 on my external hard drive in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an error 28 on my external hard drive in device manager: I have an error 28 on my external hard drive in device manager. Brand new computer and hard drive is perfect used to work in old computer cannot upload drivers yet the drive works perfectally. Cannot find a way to talk to microsoft...
  7. I have 30+ Xvd Disk Drive, is that normal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have 30+ Xvd Disk Drive, is that normal?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LordzTedchalaRul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jfca2g/i_have_30_xvd_disk_drive_is_that_normal/
  8. Safe to remove XVD devices?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to remove XVD devices?: Hey, I recently just learned that these XVD drives that show up in device manager are virtual disks used to store and run games which are natively Xbox games, but that you can also install on your PC via the Windows Store. I cam across 1 thread with someone else asking what...
  9. I have 4 cores but task manager says I have 2

I have 4 cores but task manager says I have 2: According to device manager, I have 4 cores, but my task manger says I only have 2. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-4-cores-but-task-manager-says-i-have-2/74b785af-cbb4-4edd-9e0e-86cc5960d1fd
  10. I don't have a camera in my device manager

I don't have a camera in my device manager: The camera says we can't find your camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-have-a-camera-in-my-device-manager/5a399f76-82ce-488f-8feb-835d9bb463c1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xvd disk drive

2. Xvd

3. xvd drive

4. xvd device manager,
  5. xvd disk drive device manager,
  6. xvd properties,
  7. uninstall xvd drives device manager,
  8. 7 xvd com,
  9. xvd disk drive in device manager ,
  10. newly added hard hard drive appears as xvd,
  11. xvd volumes,