Windows 10: I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

Discus and support I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vu Quang Ngoc, Mar 13, 2022.

1. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated graphic card. Please tell me how to fix it.

:)

Vu Quang Ngoc, Mar 13, 2022
  2. prashii Win User

Windows shows 8GB RAM installed but 4GB RAM is usable

Hi There,

I've just upgraded my pc from 4GB RAM to 8GB RAM. Windows seems to have detected this upgrade but why does it show as only 4GB RAM available. The following is what I have tried so far with no luck:

• I have tried the msconfig method on ensuring maximum memory is not checked.
    • physically removed the new RAM and reinstalled it
    Any thoughts/suggestions on how i can resolve this matter?

Thanks

prashii, Mar 13, 2022
  3. Crossfire - 2900XT - BSOD above 5GB RAM

Many thanks for suggestions:

- memtest86+1.7.iso was used and showed all 8GB OK
    - Now tried all combinations for the Crossfire internal bridges - no change to memory being reported

So, I have a Crossfire-enabled system but cannot get it to run above 5gb and when 8GB worth of RAM is inserted it BSODs.

Any further suggestions welcome...

collinsray, Mar 13, 2022
  4. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

Usable of 8GB Ram

Hello,

I am using Windows 10 32 bit operating system with 8GB Ram. My laptop showing only 1.91 GB Ram usable, PLEASE help me how to used all 8gb ram?

AadilMemon, Mar 13, 2022
Thema:

I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

1. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop - Similar Threads - 5gb ram available

2. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  3. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  4. I have 8gb ram but it shows only 3.38gb ram useable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have 8gb ram but it shows only 3.38gb ram useable: Hello here are my device specsHP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0026axRam-8gb useable 3.38gb windows 10 pro 64 biti tried the msconfig and all ways over the net...
  5. 8gb ram 7.65 available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    8gb ram 7.65 available: So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do something If I cant fix this does anyone know how to increase my installed ram from 8gb to 16gb safely?...
  6. 8gb ram 7.65 available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8gb ram 7.65 available: So I know that the ram is probably being used but I don't know how to check or how to stop it from being used. I need 8gb or at least higher ram to do something If I cant fix this does anyone know how to increase my installed ram from 8gb to 16gb safely?...
  7. 8gb ram 7.65 available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 5.5gb ram available in my 8gb ram laptop: So, I have a vostro 5402 specs: cpu: i5 1135g7 ram: 1x8gb gpu: intel iris xe and mx330 2GB . I checked in task manager and intel graphic command center and found out that it is only 5.5gb of ram available. I think that I accident allocated some of my ram on the dedicated...
  9. My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My laptop went from 8gb ram to 2gb ram: Hi every body. Idk if you guys have ever had this weird situation before , but my laptop was windows 7 8gb ram and 32- bit. I installed windows 10 64bit. But when i got everything done, i check and saw that my laptop is now 2gb ram. Idk why, has anybody ever encountered this...
  10. 8gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    8gb RAM?: Iam thinking of going to 8gb or RAM. Problem is I have 4 RAM slots on my motherboard and if I did buy the ram I'd get 2x4gb sticks. Would this make any difference? Would it work? 40075