Windows 10: I HAVE 5 WEBCAMS, IT WONT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE DEVICE NAMES

Discus and support I HAVE 5 WEBCAMS, IT WONT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE DEVICE NAMES in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HI GUYS, I HAVE THE LATEST WINDOWS 10, I USE IT TO STREAM, RECENTLY UPDATED MY WEBCAMS AND 3 OF THE 5 TOTAL ARE NAMED THE SAME ON THE PC, EVEN THOUGH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maurizioluongo, Aug 5, 2020.

1. I HAVE 5 WEBCAMS, IT WONT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE DEVICE NAMES

HI GUYS,

I HAVE THE LATEST WINDOWS 10, I USE IT TO STREAM, RECENTLY UPDATED MY WEBCAMS AND 3 OF THE 5 TOTAL ARE NAMED THE SAME ON THE PC, EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE IN DIFFERENT PORTS OR ON A HUB .

I UPDATED THE DRIVERS OF EVERY SINGLE CAMERAS.

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE DEVICE NAME ON THE 3 CAMERAS?

THANK YOU

:)

maurizioluongo, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Borolad57 Win User

USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi,

Firstly apologies for not getting back sooner but I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and didn't have access to my PC.

I'm trying to check whether the webcam is blocked or not by following your instructions. I've followed Step 1 and 2 OK as requested. Your step 3 implies to me that I should now see a list of blocked apps in a box. However when I click on
    Allow an app through Windows Firewall what I get is a list of the allowed Apps and Features rather than a list of Blocked Apps. I cannot see webcam or anything similar in the list of allowed apps.

Did I follow your steps correctly. Am I missing something here?

Webcam is still classed as hidden in Device manage and the Camera App still cannot see it.

Regards

Borolad57, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Webcam

Hello my name is Bradford and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community and I will try to resolve your problem with your webcam.

Please try these steps in order:

1. If your webcam plugs into a USB port, please unplug the webcam, wait 20 seconds, then plug it back in and see if it's recognized now and can be accessed.

If not, then

2. Press "Windows key+x"

3. Select Device Manager

4. At the top of the list select left click on the name of your computer, then right click and select
    Scan for Hardware Changes

5. After that, try accessing the webcam again, if you still can't access it

6. In "Device Manager" again, scroll down to the category marked "Sound, video and game controllers"

7. Click the > to open the drop-down menu.

8. Select the name of your webcam listed there by single left clicking on it, then right click and select "Properties".

9. Go to the tab labeled "Driver", and click "Update Driver", and answer ok to the prompts that allow the driver to be updated. You might be asked to restart your computer, please do so.

10. Then try accessing your Webcam again.

If the above solutions don't work please let me know and we can try another solution

Omoikane1122, Aug 5, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

I HAVE 5 WEBCAMS, IT WONT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE DEVICE NAMES

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

I HAVE 5 WEBCAMS, IT WONT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE DEVICE NAMES

1. I HAVE 5 WEBCAMS, IT WONT ALLOW ME TO CHANGE DEVICE NAMES - Similar Threads - WEBCAMS WONT ALLOW

2. laptop wont allow me to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop wont allow me to download: whenever i try to download anything this pops up usually there is a button that says yes for allowing an app to make changes to device but for some reason it isnt appearing for me how do i fix this asap...
  3. laptop wont allow me to download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop wont allow me to download: whenever i try to download anything this pops up usually there is a button that says yes for allowing an app to make changes to device but for some reason it isnt appearing for me how do i fix this asap...
  4. laptop wont allow me to download

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Reformatting PC Allow me to change the pc's name?: I want to reformat my pc and give it to my niece since I don't play video games anymore. Is it possible to reformat and change the name of it? Or is it stuck with the name I gave it (chubbyboy)? I still have the windows 10 key. Is there anything I would need to know before...
  6. Windows 10 is not allowing me to change a file name using the keyboard.

Windows 10 is not allowing me to change a file name using the keyboard.: No warnings are popping up but the os is not allowing me to type a new name for the file using the keyboard, not even ctrl v works. The only way it allows me to change the name is if the old name is highlighted. UPDATE: The os is not allowing me to use the mouse to paste new...
  7. Cant log in as an admin and wont allow me to change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant log in as an admin and wont allow me to change: The F,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Microsoft won't let me to log in as an Admin, therefore I can make any changes or using skype or other programs, I go to user account click the comes the message do you want to make changes in this computer? but the only option is "F"...
  8. How to change the name of a webcam?

How to change the name of a webcam?: My first post here, so my apologies if this isn't appropriate for this sub. I've spent a couple hours trying to figure this out on my own. I have an external, USB microphone and cameras (a wired lapel mic and 2 Logitech C925e cameras). I can easily change the names of audio...
  9. windows 10 wont allow me to change default web browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 wont allow me to change default web browser: Recently edge became default browser, when one attempts to change it in Windows 10 it only has edge as option. My preferred browser is brave and now I have to copy link and paste into my preferred browser. This not a issue on laptop, Just desktop, I even tried to restore...
  10. windows wont allow me to change default audio player

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows wont allow me to change default audio player: i can't change default audio player to anything other then itunes. If i unstinall itunes i can but the moment i reinstall it forces it back to itunes. I'd like to make VLC my main audio player but still have itunes installed. Why is this not allowed?...