Windows 10: I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?

Discus and support I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; One folder is Administrator. One folder is Public. One folder is [local account]. This is my current and only available login, the one I want to keep.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MixOneSix, Mar 22, 2020.

1. I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?

One folder is Administrator. One folder is Public.

One folder is [local account]. This is my current and only available login, the one I want to keep.

Two folders begin with defaultuser, one of which has the name of my machine.

Two folders begin with the first five characters of my Microsoft email, one of which uses the name of my machine.

How do I delete the last four folders? Something to do with the registry? I believe the dupes came from failed attempts to change the folder name via the registry. Also, is it possible to hide Administrator and Public? Thanks!

submitted by /u/MixOneSix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MixOneSix, Mar 22, 2020

2. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones? 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Mar 22, 2020
  4. DickC1978 Win User

I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?

Sharing User created Puzzles

I did figure out that exporting the User puzzles creates an archive file with both Long name and Long extensions. And once I delete one of the User Puzzles, then double clicking on one of the export User files, will load that puzzle back.

I was just asking that I would just copy the Backup Downloaded Puzzle Packs back to the location MS Jigsaw setups should I ever need to reinstall MS Jigsaw.

I backed up he specific Puzzle Packs subdirectories maintaining the file structure.

DickC1978, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones?

1. I have 7 users in my Users folder. How do I delete the user-created ones? - Similar Threads - users Users folder

2. I deleted most of my user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted most of my user folder: Hello, i deleted most of my user folder files, including my AppData files ! is there any way please to restore it? My windows doesn't function well! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-most-of-my-user-folder/0af5e050-df9e-444d-bd32-8804844f4e3d
  3. I deleted most of my user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted most of my user folder: Hello, i deleted most of my user folder files, including my AppData files ! is there any way please to restore it? My windows doesn't function well! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-deleted-most-of-my-user-folder/0af5e050-df9e-444d-bd32-8804844f4e3d
  4. I deleted most of my user folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I deleted one of my users folders.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I deleted one of my users folders.: I deleted one of my users folders and now every time I turn on my PC it show an error with this user and then it redirects me to my other users. How can I fix this issue?...
  6. Delete automatic created folders in /user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delete automatic created folders in /user: Every time I log into windows and open the file explorer in my user folder, there are folders like "my contacts", "my documents" etc... Even if i delete them, they reappear as soon as i restart windows. How can i enable this, so that they´re gone for ever ? submitted by...
  7. how do I delete a user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I delete a user: how do I delete a user https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-a-user/970575ba-2e52-432d-81a4-2f5dc17f1d0f
  8. I accidentally deleted my user folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I accidentally deleted my user folder: im using win10 and i was trying to change my user folder name, and to move it in to my administrator account (no idea why i did that) , but it didnt finished the transfer of the files, and when i tried to connect to my user , it was all empty , now i only have the empty...
  9. How do I delete an admin user that I have mistakenly created

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I delete an admin user that I have mistakenly created: I had an admin user setup on my other laptop. I converted it to a standard user but before that I mistakenly put in an email address that was quite similar to mine and made that account as admin. I am in a fix now, where the admin rights to my computer belong to someone I...
  10. I have 7 users in my User folder. Why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have 7 users in my User folder. Why?: Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.720) [img] I'm not sure how I royally screwed this up. I created a new user associated with my new email and didn't like the fact my username was expressed differently in the Users folder so I tried changing the name via the registry and...